Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #1
Well it looks like we are no longer welcome in newcastle

wont miss going there anyway .I think a email to a few of the English and southern Motorhome mags stating that Motorhomes are no longer welcome in the kingdom of mourne

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Newcastle

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #2
Do not be suckered by headlines. The barriers will be erected in March, but as recently as this morning I was meeting with a council officer regarding alternative provision.

You will appreciate, I hope, that we are not yet in a position to make public likely outcomes. As I said when I took this fight on, the damage had already been done and I would fight a damage limitation on behalf of motorhomecraic. Interestingly now the Local SDLP MLA and a councillor have reacting positively to our representations over the last few months and last week asked about the possibility of meeting the tourism officers to explore the possibilities of provision throughout the council area.

I hope to report the provision of some overnight parking in a couple of locations by mid February. It would be prudent to keep this quiet at present and not to stir things up.

Davy

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #3
Guys, I have great respect for Davy and he is on the ball and my advice would be to follow his instructions please.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #4
Having now read the lower of the scanned articles, it would appear the councillor has let the cat out of the bag.

Davy

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #5
Your doing great work Davy and I hope you get the result that we would all like to see ,

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #6

Having now read the lower of the scanned articles, it would appear the councillor has let the cat out of the bag.

Davy

Yes the cat is out and running. Good to see despite the headline the council say they do recognise the importance of Motorhomes and may be considering wider provision in the council area. I’ve seen Motorhomes in that location in Newcastle during the day before.

Thanks for all your effort Davy and as before let me know if there is anything I can do as I live in the council area.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #7
Elements of what has been stated in the clippings are correct with regard to one location. The 12 hour limit is the existing byelaw for all carparks in the Newry mourne and Down area (not that this has ever been displayed and is probably unenforceable). I have been asking for something more like the normal period of 48 hours or so. I hope this is accepted. The sense of it is understood by my contacts, but given the unpredictability of councillors, it will not be over til the fat lady sings. I am also trying to get 3 or 4 locations each offering a few places to avoid a Donaghadee scenario. We are hoping for overflow provision for the busy summer months. Similar to what is put in place for the air show, but in a better location, again to try to mitigate the perception of too many vans ‘taking over’ the town.

This has been worked at since Jack the Rev and I first met councillors and officials probably about 5 years ago looking for provision in the old Down district council area, but was put on ice during the reorganisation of the council areas from 26 to 11. When the Newcastle barriers were mooted I took up the challenge with the backing of craic and Ally.

The prospect of moving this forward will depend on our sensible use of whatever we can achieve and building on it, but I think looking around the whole island we are beginning to make progress. It is great to be able to tell councillors about the potentials of N. Down, Wicklow, Castletownbere etc and use it as leverage, fingers crossed.

Gavster, I fully intend to contact you by pm in the next few days, as the potential to create some forward thinking by this council needs to be grabbed.

Davy

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #8
Thanks to everyone for representing our interests in this matter and for taking up the batton and achieving progress for all of us ....
it’s appreciated.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #9

im sure you know these two councillors if these two idiots have any input into our quest you’ll need loads of what’s falling out of there pockets 💷💷💰

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.