My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Forever young

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #1
Hi looking to got to forever young musical festively in camper in Naas. 2019
Any body there before and what's the verdict
Tried to book on their website not very clear do u book weekend without camping and book camper in separately
Regards Matttcb

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Forever young

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #2
I think this is a new festival so we have no info, let us know how you get on, booking etc

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #3
Usually always the case with festivals is this..

You book a weekend with camping ticket and then also your CV ticket.

matttcb
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Prices for Foreveryoung Festivel

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #4
Hi E mailed ForeverYoung Festively .they told me u have to pay for camping and your Motorhome
Up to 6 metres is 75 Euro over 6 Metres is 125 euro
So the price is 2 adults @ 204 each for camping 1 child is 50 euro and my motorhome is 125 Euro
This is for 3 Days ,2 nights
That's a total of 583 Euro which I think is way over the top
If u considerI paid 228 Euro for Vanfestival 3 days and nights
The difference is 383 Euro
I know Foreveryoung has some well known stars in its line up but I think it is overpriced
What do u think
Regards Mattcb

matttcb
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Foreveryoung festival where can stay near

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #5
Hi I meant to ask anyone do u know anywhere I can Park nearby foreveryoung festively at palmers tone house in Nass County Kildare
Thanks matttcb

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #6
i wanted to go last year, great line up, but way too expensive. vantastival for us again this year.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #7
Never heard of different prices for different sized vans , very overpriced too,
I don't think there is anywhere near to park up, possibly tesco Naas or on the street in Johnstown

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #8
Sounds very expensive. They must have to take you in on a ferry if it is that costly and your van is over 6 metres. Country fair events like Scarva are only £30 or so for the weekend inc e try and motorhome and kids are free. Different kind of event of course but the cost of staying over in a motorhome does not have to be that high surely.

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.01.2019  ·  #9
Got the following response from Forever Young festival when I queried their camping prices for motorhomes as likewise I've never come across this type of pricing before, aside from ferry companies:

"It's standard across most festivals, over 6m require nearly double the allocation of space, we pay for the rental of the land we use, so sadly bigger costs more, usually double (I have a 10m motorhome, I regularly pay double standard motorhome fees, I always felt it was unfair.... until I realised the costs of running a festival!!!) so its sadly inevitable sorry.
I imagine as motorhome ownership grows in Ireland (it's tiny numbers compared to the rest of Europe) then more definition will apply. And if we are lucky enough to make any profit, we are using it to set up a new national animal welfare charity, not to line big music mogul promoters pockets. I hope that makes it easier to understand.
Thanks"

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.01.2019  ·  #10
That was well worded BS, if you rent a field for €100 and only use half the field you don't get half your money back so it's nothing to do with the size of vans in it,

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2019  ·  #11
Quote by AdiH

Got the following response from Forever Young festival when I queried their camping prices for motorhomes as likewise I've never come across this type of pricing before, aside from ferry companies:

"It's standard across most festivals, over 6m require nearly double the allocation of space, we pay for the rental of the land we use, so sadly bigger costs more, usually double (I have a 10m motorhome, I regularly pay double standard motorhome fees, I always felt it was unfair.... until I realised the costs of running a festival!!!) so its sadly inevitable sorry.
I imagine as motorhome ownership grows in Ireland (it's tiny numbers compared to the rest of Europe) then more definition will apply. And if we are lucky enough to make any profit, we are using it to set up a new national animal welfare charity, not to line big music mogul promoters pockets. I hope that makes it easier to understand.
Thanks"

I call bullshit on that, in the festivals I have attended in the motorhome its always been a price for a van irrespective of size and no extra for awnings etc.

Best way to get around it is not to go!!

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2019  ·  #12
That one is total horse manure.
I suspect that writer reference to their own "10 metre mh" is a stretch on the truth. I have not seen a coach built 10 metre long mh, only converted bus or truck.
Most commercial campsites have an "XL" charge for these larger wagons because they are a nightmare to move onto site.
With the vestival levying a premium charge for over 6 metres, it will drive the caravan owners nuts.
They are going to piss off customers with their pricing structure.
Malcolm

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Forever young

· 
Posted: 21.01.2019  ·  #13
" I have a 10m motorhome ". I would have asked, could you show me a photo I,d love to see one that big, the biggest one I've ever driven was 8.86mtrs.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2019  ·  #14
Should a poll be started and forward the results to the organisers about their folly?
We wouldn't want some of the other more popular destinations getting wind of this extortion.
Malcolm

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2019  ·  #15
thats a good idea Mal

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2019  ·  #16
Quote by Thorn123

Should a poll be started and forward the results to the organisers about their folly?
We wouldn't want some of the other more popular destinations getting wind of this extortion.
Malcolm

Great idea abiut a poll. Not sure how to set one up though?
And totally agree about other festivals getting the same idea...

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2019  ·  #17
Quote by the fat controller

Quote by AdiH

Thanks"

I call bullshit on that, in the festivals I have attended in the motorhome its always been a price for a van irrespective of size and no extra for awnings etc.

Best way to get around it is not to go!!

Totally agree John, but there is no point of not going if they are not aware why you didn't go.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2019  ·  #18
Ok rip off merchants,sorry Forever young festival.
If you think that this crap statement will wash with true Motorhomers then watch out for the outcome.
As for the 10m motorhome that you have,can we have a photo?
Mine is 9m and I have never had a problem parking with my friends.
True Motorhome enthusiasts will see this for what it is, a real rip off.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2019  ·  #19
Just email them a link to this topic. I have been going to music festivals since 1999 and never heard this crap.

I also run a CV field at a music festival.

Glastonbury do say that Motorhome owners whose motorhomes are over 7.5 metres will need to purchase two pitches, but it's never enforced and is there to stop people taking the piss I would assume.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.