Stopover Between Cherbourg and St Jean de Monts

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Stopover Between Cherbourg and St Jean de Monts

· 
Posted: 09.01.2019  ·  #1
Have Rosslare - Cherbourg booked in July and based on good chat here on the site I think we might head for St Jean de Monts. I'm guessing at 80kmph that's around a 6 hour drive which I wouldn't do in a day with a 9, 7 & 5 year old in the back.

Any recommendations for sites between the two? I'd prefer somewhere booked and guaranteed so I could just arrive (it will be around 7 or 8pm) and park up. If it's a nice site could even stay a couple of nights (will be in France 16 nights).

Wouldn't mind a quiet site that doesn't have the cans of Carling at 10am crowd as we experienced in the UK last year. St Jean De Monts sites will be full on so a quiet one might be nice.

Also would be interested to hear about any quieter sites around St Jean de Monts, maybe more inland that we could enjoy after the madness of a bigger site.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Stopover Between Cherbourg and St Jean de

· 
Posted: 09.01.2019  ·  #2
Quote by essjay

Have Rosslare - Cherbourg booked in July and based on good chat here on the site I think we might head for St Jean de Monts. I'm guessing at 80kmph that's around a 6 hour drive which I wouldn't do in a day with a 9, 7 & 5 year old in the back.

Any recommendations for sites between the two? I'd prefer somewhere booked and guaranteed so I could just arrive (it will be around 7 or 8pm) and park up. If it's a nice site could even stay a couple of nights (will be in France 16 nights).

Wouldn't mind a quiet site that doesn't have the cans of Carling at 10am crowd as we experienced in the UK last year. St Jean De Monts sites will be full on so a quiet one might be nice.

Also would be interested to hear about any quieter sites around St Jean de Monts, maybe more inland that we could enjoy after the madness of a bigger site.

Take a look at Camping Saint Michel small campsite about 5km from the mont with a pool,playground and animal's. Around 2 .1/2 hrs.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Stopover Between Cherbourg and St Jean de Monts

· 
Posted: 09.01.2019  ·  #3
Quote by essjay

Hi not a site

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2019  ·  #4
When are you planning to go, buckets of choice and space in June and early July but late July and August are usually chocka.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2019  ·  #5
Cherbourg to St Jean de Monts would be a 6 hour run especially with young kids on board.
Not quite related to your orginal question, but I reckon that it worth a look for the little people.

http://www.puydufou.com/fr

It about an hourish east of St Jean de Monts with an aire on site.
Malcolm

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.01.2019  ·  #6
Nantes Camping is mid way, in city centre, great tram system outside the gate, Jules Verne , giant wooden elephant, a castle, and shopping😉
We used our ACSI discount, but no good to you, as can’t use afterearly July till end of Aug. but you could see if any places.
There is access to a municipal pool across the road from campsite but very busy.

Saumur is good too

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.01.2019  ·  #7
Quite a few around that area.
Below is a screenshot from the park4night app, with ‘campsite only’ filter applied..... as you can see there is quite a lot of sites close by St Jean-de-Monts and from experience there are more that don’t appear on the apps, especially municipal sites.

This screenshot shows some of the available sites that you could use on the way down.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Guerins kingfishers pub castleconnell

· 
Posted: 10.01.2019  ·  #8
Quote by R&N

Nantes Camping is midway, in the city center, great tram system outside the gate, Jules Verne, giant wooden elephant, a castle, and shopping😉
We used our ACSI discount, but no good to you, as can’t use after early July till the end of Aug. but you could see if any places.
There is access to a municipal pool across the road from campsite but very busy.

Saumur is good too

I would think it is a bit far down for a journey break from Cherbourg to St Jean de Monts. but its a deffo for a couple of days during your holiday, the children will love it. we were there ourselves last year for a couple of days, Magic
Our Daughter is doing the same planning as you in June and Nantes Machines is on the list as well as the big water parks, Atlantic Toboggan, and Oceabul and they might even try Magic Parc so the girls ( 11and 13 ) tell me.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.