Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Itineo Build quality

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #41
Quote by nilrac

Martin, That then comes under construction and use (c&e) which is type approval, which would constitute a danger to the user and other road users leaving the manufacturer liable. In this case, it is concerning bad workmanship to interior fittings and not the vehicle manufacturer. This puts it a, you versus them scenario and leaves the buyer out on a limb on his own. Anybody who would trust this dealer would need their head examined

Ok, we are not talking about the base Vehicle. but lets put your words to the manufacturer Itineo. That then comes under construction and use (c&e) which is type approval, which would constitute a danger to the user and other road users leaving the manufacturer liable.
Some poor sod is driving down the busy motorway with his wife and children in the Motorhome and the bed falls down on top of him and causes multiple crashes. Is that not the same thing.
I do see where CHAUSSON is concerned and I do agree with him in part but how many Itineo owners have come along and defended their motorhomes and have any of then contacted their supplier or manufacturer and asked about checks and recalls. If they did what was the answers, have they looked to see have they a problem, if they have and they don't have any issues then all this will have done some good. and give them peace of mind,
Even if what happened to Ally, may very well be an isolated problem. it should not have been his problem to sort out, but the S---s who sold and built it.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Itineo Build quality

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #42
I just wish for one small thing this morning. Would you all start spelling Itineo correctly, how is anyone supposed to find this conversation in a Google search 😁😂

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #43
Quote by sprinter

<snip>
Even if what happened to Ally, may very well be an isolated problem.

It's a well documented fault in that model of Itineo which they no longer make. The Itineo owners forums in France even have home made repairs to try and prevent the water ingress. The very same forums that offered help to myself then quickly stopped responding, I can only assume that it was on being approached by Itineo.

The problem I am up against in this country is the fact that there is very few of them here, I know of one other who is a member on this forum. I passed one on the way into the Battle of the Boyne historic site last year, but it was too far away to make any gesture for him to stop, I also suspected it was foreign. Maybe you guys who go to France where I hear there is a lot of them, could approach an owner there that would tell of their experience.

The manufacturing of this model leaves me with absolutely no doubt that all those vehicles have had water ingress or some were lucky enough to get a repair done before that happened. Which must of been a DIY repair as Itineo just bury their heads in the sand when it is mentioned.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #44
Quote by CHAUSSON

Now what have we achieved, we have devalued all Itineo'ss, Ally have got no compensation and I dont think he will now that he has repaired it at his own expense. I think we should keep hacking at Dicksons of Perth who are the cause of all this fiasco.

I feel I should post the latest communication with Dicksons of Perth to give a different take on the subject.

I recently left them a bad google review, they replied to that review defending themselves and asking that I contact them again. I did so.

After some emails back and forth about the same thing and the fact that I reiterated "they were not listening and again refusing to take the blame for selling me a damp Itineo" they eventually replied with this:

"We paid a company of YOUR choice to have the water ingress issue resolved. A year down the line you then discover further water ingress. This is in no way our issue and I would suggest reviewing that company due to them not either detecting the extent of the water ingress OR not doing a satisfactory repair and further water getting in. We have like yourself full email trace regarding this issue. We have fulfilled all we could have done to have this matter resolved, I will not be liable for another company’s incompetence."

Now that statement isn't entirely true as there wasn't further water ingress I tested it repeatedly for damp and as we know the damage had already been done.

They also replied:

" We gave them (Hagans Motorhomes) full authority to inspect and repair any issues with the vehicle as a goodwill gesture"

After I informed Hagans Motorhomes that Dicksons of Perth had said they were incompetent, Hagans Sales Manager replied "well yeah, in hindsight we should of inspected it and repaired the damage" no offer of apology, never mind compensation, was forth coming.

I have asked to see the email that Dicksons of Perth mentioned "full authority to inspect and repair any issues" but as yet have not seen it,

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #45
One of the main things that I take from this whole debacle is, we should consider very carefully, if considering buying a MH in another country, or even 5-6 hours drive away, as, if something does go wrong, the effort of returning it to original dealer, sometimes steers us to use someone closer, most often with original dealers consent, which then gives the original dealer someone else to blame if there are further issues down the line. If Ally has brought his MH back to Dicksons, they would have had no one else to lay the blame on, rightly, or wrongly.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #46
Ally is caught in a situation known as "third party liability ".
The manufacturer, the dealer and the repairer will circle the wagons and make him run around the circle until he falls down, by blaming each other.
Unfortunately it would take an expensive court case judgment to apportion the blame between each party.
With a number of different legal jurisdictions involved the whole thing is now a bigger mess.

Regarding some of the more recent post, the lesson to be taken from this, is to avoid third party liability, by ensuring that the dealer themselves organises and checks the warranty work. At no stage should you the customer become involved with a third party repairer/ subcontractor.

It great to see the brilliant job done on fixing up the motorhome albeit at Ally's expense.
Six months ago the motorhome had only a scrap value but now after the repairs and upgrades it has got back a very good sale price. This value will probably not cover all of the money that was spent on the motorhome including its purchase price .
For Itineo sake, I hope that all future models producted have been designed better to resloved the defects highlighted here.
Malcolm

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #47
As mentioned by Daffysparks and Thorn123 one very important thing coming through is that everyone should endeavour to get their vehicle back to the original dealer if a serious issue has occured or seems to be about to occur.
Any money spent at this point may become trivial if a successful outcome can be secured .
I still believe that a genuine reputable dealership would never do anything other than stand by their customer, not look for the first excuse to walk away.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2019  ·  #48
Top class repair you guys did Ally......Better than new. Enjoy the van now should you keep her, if selling...the new owner will have the most solid overhead bed known to man!

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2019  ·  #49
Put a claim into Dickson for injuries caused by the bed collapsing two bad backs and a dog with a hurt paw 🐺 get it sold 🚐

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2019  ·  #50
The irony is that he now has a good van, it’s just sad that he had to do a job himself, pay for it himself, be without use of the van ....
All because that some so called ‘professional’ couldn’t be bothered to do the job properly the first day.

Seems to be the way of the world unfortunately, build them to a standard and flog them...... to hell with the end user so long as it lasts until the warranty expires.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2019  ·  #51
With Eu bodybuilder type approval in since October 2013, if something similar happened now, it is a straight forward claim from the manufacturer. As part of the regulations, the manufacturer has to specify their design to prevent, major structure failure.
Now there is scope to allow for abuse to factored into the argument but in Ally case, the structure failure was the result of poor design and water ingress.
I work for a body type approved company and as each job leaves it's certified with the Nasi and also indemnified with our insurance company.
Malcolm

D A V
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Itineo owner

· 
Posted: 07.01.2019  ·  #52
Quote by CHAUSSON

Guys maybe we should give Itineo build quality the benefit of the doubt, maybe they aren't all the same, I know if I was driving one without any issues I would be fair pi**ed off reading these comments about one particular Motorhome. After all I would need a customer for my one some day.
Anyone with a trouble free one out there that would be prepared to defend the brand?

Chausson I am a very happy Itineo owner.
I have been a motorhome owner for over twenty year and am now on my forth motorhome all motorhomes were purchased new our latest purchase two years ago was a Intineo I have no need to change but if I was changing motorhomes tomorrow I would purchase another Itineo, I have had no problems but any small teething problems have been dealt with professionally by Wolkingham Motorhomes backed by Itineo.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2019  ·  #53
Quote by D A V

I have been a motorhome owner for over twenty year and am now on my forth motorhome all motorhomes were purchased new our latest purchase two years ago was a Intineo I have no need to change but if I was changing motorhomes tomorrow I would purchase another Itineo, I have had no problems but any small teething problems have been dealt with professionally by Wolkingham Motorhomes backed by Itineo.

The newer ones do look great, was never in one however. In fact I also think ours looks great :)

I am only aware of issues with the same model and design as ours, I am sure they learnt, or should of, a big lesson after that. How I was dealt with by Itineo I would never buy another, but as I say, my experience is limited to the first models.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2019  ·  #54
Quote by D A V

Quote by CHAUSSON

Guys maybe we should give Itineo build quality the benefit of the doubt, maybe they aren't all the same, I know if I was driving one without any issues I would be fair pi**ed off reading these comments about one particular Motorhome. After all I would need a customer for my one some day.
Anyone with a trouble free one out there that would be prepared to defend the brand?

Good stuff Dermot, Delighted it has been trouble free or you, I don't think they are very plentiful in Ireland though.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2019  ·  #55
"but if I was changing motorhomes tomorrow I would purchase another Itineo, I have had no problems but any small teething problems have been dealt with professionally by Wolkingham Motorhomes backed by Itineo."

Dermot. Two things .
First, Great to hear you are happy with your Motorhome and would go the same way again.
Second. That you have a good dealer who obviously looks after his Customers.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.