<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Rosslare IRISH FERRIES

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #2
They've only released the WB Yeats schedule to date. Based on the lack of value in their opening offer, I don't see bookings being all that strong on Dublin-Cherbourg so I doubt they'll run anything out of Rosslare unless they have a change of tack and start discounting fares and make their money on volume.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #3
I find it mind boggling if it’s true. There are quite a few large haulage firms locally that use that route a lot. Can’t see them all hooking it up to Dublin. Good chance for Stena to upgrade their ship to France then

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #4
Dublin would suit me better, but not if it takes a mortgage....

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #5
Neither Rosslare or Roscoff can handle the WB Yeats.
My ex Irish Ferries mate is telling me that Rosslare to Roscoff will be only a summer holidays service using possible the Epilison.
Traditional the Epilison covered Dublin to Cherbourg for the summer at the weekend while doing Dublin to Hollyhead during the week.
It stands to reason for them to use the Epilison for Saturday out of Rosslare.
The wine merchants in Roscoff are going to have a poor summer.
Malcolm

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #6
Does he know where the Oscar Wilde is going

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #7
According to their own website, they say they will be operating a Rosslare to Cherbourg and Roscoff service with the Oscar Wilde !!!!

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #8
Traditional Irish Ferries have moved a boat on when they got a new delivery.
While he hasn't heard a peep about the Oscar, she is overdue for a dry docking for maintenance and engine overhaul . I think this is required every 5 years.
According of Irish Ferries original delivery of wb yeats, the oscar wilde maintenance was to happen last Autumn.
It would be very easy to sell her in a dry dock.
Personally, with the wb yeats, doubling the capacity to France, I find it very hard to believe that there is enough of business to justify the yeats and oscar to sail this year, especially when you see the anger toward Irish Ferries over the last few hours.
Malcolm

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #9
Well if that’s the case, I and a lot of customers from the south east will be switching to Stena, as unpalatable as that is. Bye bye Irish Ferries

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2018  ·  #10
Maybe, Rosslare harbour will get the finger out and replace it loading ramps to suit the wb yeats.
The other side of the coin, is that what ever boat IF sails from Rosslare to france, it could be an economy model, no frills with cheaper fares.
The marketing pictures for wb yeats are showing alot of luxury for a ferry.
I would prefer a price sensitive trip.
Malcolm

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #11
I've booked Stena, there is a ship and it is going to France and the dogs are free ✌ I F

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Rosslare IRISH FERRIES

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #12
From the phone call, this morning to IF, the Oscar Wild will be sailing from Rosslare this year until at least September .the schedule will be out in the next couple of weeks.

JonMac46
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Globetrotter 1999 Ducato 2.8 idTD
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #13
"I find it very hard to believe that there is enough of business to justify the yeats and oscar to sail this year"

Don't forget that if the UK crashes out, there will be increased demand for direct routes to France [and Spain]

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #14
Don't forget to click the banner at the top of the site, costs you nothing, but supports the website 👍

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #15
Quote by JonMac46

Don't forget that if the UK crashes out, there will be increased demand for direct routes to France and Spain

Well all kinds of businesses are holding back on decisions because of this mess that is Brexit. Surely the ferry companies are scratching their heads too.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Rosslare IRISH FERRIES

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #16
The original question.
Have you abandoned the sailing schedule from Rosslare To Roscoff ?????????????????
A. long Standing Customer of this service for 25 Plus years

This is the answer
Good morning Martin,
Thank you for your email.
At this point in time, we are just releasing our Dublin-Cherbourg schedule for the new WB Yeats ship, which we know is our most in-demand route. Please watch our website for further updates on all our other 2019 schedules
Kind regards
Roxana Lazar
The New Question ( I don't expect an answer )
If you have not released anything about the Rosslare/Roscoff route haw can you claim the Dublin is your most in-demand route have you surveyed your customer base and ask which route is the preferred one?
Regards
Martin D.

Elmo
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 05 called "Wally"
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #17
Quote by Motorhomecraic

Don't forget to click the banner at the top of the site, costs you nothing, but supports the website 👍

Good point Ally !

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #18
I made 2 bookings last night through the link Ally, so that’s your pension pot secure.

Davy

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.12.2018  ·  #19
Quote by Davy

I made 2 bookings last night through the link Ally, so that’s your pension pot secure.

Davy

Many thanks to you and everyone using the link. Now Davy, you're just showing off, two bookings indeed :D

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #20
Quote by Thorn123

Maybe, Rosslare harbour will get the finger out and replace it loading ramps to suit the wb yeats.
The other side of the coin, is that what ever boat IF sails from Rosslare to france, it could be an economy model, no frills with cheaper fares.
Malcolm

I agree, most of the you're asleep anyway...

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #21
Quote by Thorn123

Malcolm

Unfortunatly Rosslare harbour is controlled and operated by C.I.E., the parent company of Iarnród Éireann, so there's no hope of any logical thinking or planning while gombeens like that are in charge.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #22
Quote by Flipperdipper

Quote by Thorn123

Malcolm

Unfortunatly Rosslare harbour is controlled and operated by C.I.E., the parent company of Iarnród Éireann, so there's no hope of any logical thinking or planning while gombeens like that are in charge.

It's bizarre, CIE own Rosslare Ferryport and Irish Rail, yet the trains leave Rosslare Harbour before the ferries arrive.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #23
Yeah So, makes perfect business sense .... sure what’s wrong with you ... 🤣🤣🤪🤪

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #24
The beautiful mind of a semi state company. In the private sector it is called bankruptcy.
Malcolm

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Rosslare IRISH FERRIES

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #25
Quote by <BM>

Quote by Flipperdipper

Quote by Thorn123

Malcolm

It's bizarre, CIE own Rosslare Ferryport and Irish Rail, yet the trains leave Rosslare Harbour before the ferries arrive.

In Greystones when the Dart started the Imp buses to bring people to and from the station and the regular outline 84bus to Newcastle and killcool that had a timed stop at the station,would pull out when the train Whistle sounded crossing the bridge coming into the town.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #26

This was sent to me an hour ago by someone who is very knowledgeable with ferry routes.
By the looks of it, Irish Ferries have abandoned the Rosslare to france route.
Malcolm

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #27
Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #28
Yet another major blow for Wexford and Rosslare port. A laughing stock the port and its management are.
Ah well the roads will be quieter anyway. Hardly need the Enniscorthy bypass now 🙄🙄
Glad I booked with Stena just in case, though they will hardly increase their fares now, will they 😬

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #29
Another victim of the Motorway network.
Its a tough one for the area for sure, I never liked the run to Rosslare from Cork, it took longer than driving to Dublin.
I used it last year with Stena to Cherbourg because we were heading up to Amsterdam and Cherbourg made more sense.
Booked Cork-Santander this year with BF, Its expensive but compared to the IF Dublin to Cherbourg route its only about 600 more and a lot less tolls and driving to Spain.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #30
Quote by <BM>

They've only released the WB Yeats schedule to date. Based on the lack of value in their opening offer, I don't see bookings being all that strong on Dublin-Cherbourg so I doubt they'll run anything out of Rosslare unless they have a change of tack and start discounting fares and make their money on volume.

It seems Irish Ferries have little interest in offering value and will instead hope that by taking the Rosslare-Cherbourg/Roscoff capacity out of the system, they can command higher fares on the Dublin-Cherbourg route.

I think the fact that it was possible to rebook almost everybody discommoded by last years farce on the OW and Epsillon was a big eye opener for them, there may not be the demand for both WB Yeats and OW on the Ireland - France route without dropping fares to stimulate demand.

It could also be a case that Stena have hoovered up so much of the 'value' end of the market already this year due to the delays in the IF bookings becoming available, that they'll look to reestablish the route in 2020 with the Epsilon (or similar if the lease is not being renewed). f**k knows what they'll end up doing with the next new boat.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Rosslare IRISH FERRIES

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #31
Are we surprised that a company that the Irish Government sold out Irish Shipping to and then allowed them to Sack their Irish workforce and continue to use the Irish name all the while sailing under a Flag of convenience in and out of Irish Ports operating with a non-national crew?
Are we surprised that they don't give a sh*t for the people in Rosslare/ Roscoff or the Irish south of a line from Wexford to Galway
" Irish Ferries said a majority of its customers have "a clear preference for the more central location and easy access of Dublin."
MY arse. did any of you, or do you know anyone who was surveyed by or on behalf of I.F. I as a customer of more than 25 years going out of the same port have never been asked?

Labour leader and Wexford TD Brendan Howlin has said the decision to "abandon... the shortest sea route to France just as Brexit kicks in" is "inexplicable".
Brendan, you should take Labor from in front of your name it's a bit late Howlin about this now.

"With Brexit just over the horizon this decision is truly baffling," Sinn Féin's Brexit spokesperson Mr. Cullinane said in a statement.
" What stone have you been living under "

Brittany Ferries ( Headquarters: Roscoff, France ) rows in to help Irish Ferries customers after the fiasco with people who booked with Irish Ferries, WB Yeats,
Brittany Ferries chief executive Christophe Mathieu said some people who had booked trips to France with Irish Ferries had rebooked with his company
Mr. Mathieu pointed out the company’s shareholders still represent the same collective of French farmers who launched the business.
Will they come to the aid of their own people in Roscoff and the Irish.
Which Snug is Minister Ross hiding in while drafting some new piece of road safety initiative to distract attention away from the ports and the inevitable loss of tourists driving around the Sunny South East.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #32
My opinion is that IF have embarked in a direction which at best can be called "sharp practice ".
Over the last 15 or 16 months, we the customers have been fed story after story. It took an investigation by The Irish Times newspaper to get IF, to admit that the WB Yeats was delayed.
The resulting fiasco over the summer bookings to France left alot of customers well p€€€ed off.
While we travelled to france in mid july and return early August, peak times but I am tied into work hols, there is a massive price increase for us.
Last year our quoted price from Rosslare, before discounts was just sly of €1000.
This year from Dublin, the same mh, 2 adults + 2 kids and similar type cabin is north of €1300 .
Last year we booked in early September 2017 and received a 20% discount.
This year, waiting since early September, to get a quotation that is 30% dearer and then only offered a 10% discount.
Irish Ferries excuse is that "we are receiving a more luxurious experience ".
It would be a fair observation, to say that I am quite angry with them.
Malcolm

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #33
Quote by sprinter

Brittany Ferries chief executive Christophe Mathieu said some people who had booked trips to France with Irish Ferries had rebooked with his company
Mr. Mathieu pointed out the company’s shareholders still represent the same collective of French farmers who launched the business.

They must be FISH Farmers , Martin!
I traveled with them once in 2012 and never since, being a farmer they pi**ed me off that time and I find it hard to believe that the shareholders are Farmers, especially French Farmers.

forum/topic.php?t=1514

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2018  ·  #34
Quote by sprinter

" Irish Ferries said a majority of its customers have "a clear preference for the more central location and easy access of Dublin."

I wouldn't believe anything Irish Ferries say. When they started the Dublin - Cherbourg route they were diverting business from Rosslare to Dublin, transport companies were told that the Normandy was fully booked even though at times she was sailing half empty. They need to fill their fancy new ship and they'll do that at Rosslare's expense. If rosslare isn;t good enough for them then neither am I..

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.12.2018  ·  #35
Quote by Thorn123

...................... Irish Ferries excuse is that "we are receiving a more luxurious experience ".

If I want a 'luxurious experience' on a ship I'll book a cruise on Royal Carribean or Celebrity Cruises or one of the other cruise lines.
If I want a ferry to get me from A to B, basic comfort and decent grub at competitive prices are all I want.

AliPhatCamper
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.12.2018  ·  #36
There was summat on BBC Radio 4 today, Wed 20th, contained in a story about EU preparations for a hard Brexit.

The Calais port authorities are making provisions to facilitate a new service between Calais and Dublin so that lorries could transit via Calais-Dublin without entering UK territory.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.12.2018  ·  #37
Quote by AliPhatCamper

There was summat on BBC Radio 4 today, Wed 20th, contained in a story about EU preparations for a hard Brexit.

The Calais port authorities are making provisions to facilitate a new service between Calais and Dublin so that lorries could transit via Calais-Dublin without entering UK territory.

The European commission asked for proposals last Autumn, regarding a ferry freight service from Ireland to northern Europe. A couple of Dutch and Belgium ports summitted proposals. This frightened the French into looking at Calais.
However with the immigrant issues in Calais, will be a major turn off.
Interesting, Belview, Waterford port, looked for deep water status.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.