Oldblowin
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Burstner Ixeo 585
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato Multijet 130
Subject:

Water Ingress Burstner Ixeo Time 585

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #1

The main outside locker and, to a lesser extent, the gas bottle locker on our Burstner Ixeo Time 585 are letting in water. After the recent high winds and heavy rain in west Cork I found a small swimming pool in the main locker and a puddle on the floor of the gas locker. The rubber seals on the doors appear to be in good condition but it looks like water is overflowing the lip on the lower edge of the locker openings or maybe getting in through the door latches. We didn't have this problem last year but the rain and wind this winter may be more extreme.

There are three interlocking shims behind the locker door latches. I have tried removing one of the shims on each latch in the hope that pulling the door tighter against the rubber seal may solve the problem. It appears to have made no difference on the gas bottle locker and, if anything, made matters worse on the main locker.

Has anybody had a similar problem or any idea what the solution might be? Photos attached of the main locker door, shims removed, latches and rubber seal. I'd be very grateful for any advice before removing more shims or fiddling about further.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

Re: Water Ingress Burstner Ixeo Time 585

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #2
I had a problem with water ingress on the garage door of my Rapido.

It was eventually traced to a leak between the body side of the van and the outside of the frame of the door. Solution was to apply a light bead of sealant the whole way around the door frame.

Oldblowin
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Burstner Ixeo 585
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato Multijet 130
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2018  ·  #3
Thanks I'll have a closer look!

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.12.2018  ·  #4
Quote by kabundi

I had a problem with water ingress on the garage door of my Rapido.

It was eventually traced to a leak between the body side of the van and the outside of the frame of the door. Solution was to apply a light bead of sealant the whole way around the door frame.

I agree, it could well be the sealing, or lack of it, between the door frame and the body.

paamos
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.08.2020  ·  #5
Hi. Did you solve this? I have a similar problem with an outside locker on my Burstner Ixeo Time (different model). The one thing we have in common is that the locker lock/handle is mounted the same way round as yours. I've been told that when rain is heavy (especially when cascading off the roof onto the locker handle), because the handle is mounted with the key part at the bottom, and the opening for your hand at the top, the water fills up the handle and gets into the compartment through the lock/handle rather than round the outside of the door.

I had the door checked and "repaired" a couple of times under warranty but it was only recently that the suppler realised that the water was probably getting in through the handle.

I don't have a neat solution I'm afraid, other than to try and park so that the water runs off the other side of the roof, and it that's not possible, I cover the handle with something if the weather looks bad.

Have you had any further ideas or success?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.