Alicante.......almeria...area

Anyone in the area(Best campsite) I've been in.....camping Bahia Santa pola.

the irish rover
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #1
Full for this winter,but places available for winter 19.....less than 300 euro ,a month.all in.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Alicante.......almeria...area

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #2
That’s a good price, if you’re a long stayer.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #3
Good price alright.
Beni sites are cica €16 p/n for stays greater than 90 days = €480 p/m plus electric at .40c per KH

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #4
On the web site, Camping Torretta it is showng 15 euro per day and 40c per kw if you stay 45 days. We are all victims of the success of motorhoming. Torretta used to be 30 days to get the lowest and I think 3 or 4 kw per day included. this worked out about 300 for a month, Then last year it jumped up to 17 eur for less than 45 days and pay all utilities. There are still reasonable sites but unless you have your own transport , a bit of a no no . The site fees now makes the renting of apartments viable, as they are in town with nightlife. A lot of Dutch, German Belgian motorhomers ,that I know have done this as they could not stay 45 days at a time

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2018  ·  #5
The idea of long terming at any location does not appeal to me and yet I have met several that do and love it. I would not like to even commit to being at any location unless I was meeting friends or family.
Too many times the weather means that I alter my route or destination. I would be very grumpy if I had committed to a long period at any location to find there was going to be an extended period of bad weather there and yet 100/200 miles away the weather was great.
I have also been on a fair few sites where I seem to parked next to an even more inconsiderate a hole than me. And even though I dare say I could move to another pitch it is a downside to commitment. I love having the wheels and freedom to chose to move as a whim may take me.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2018  ·  #6
We have a house in Torreviega, Just south of Alicante on the Costa Blanca. When we go to Spain in the Camper we alternate between staying in the house or then head off for a few days in the camper wherever the wind takes us, And as Jamie mentioned, It's generally chasing the sun if weather is iffy at our location. Dont think I could commit to stay at the same site for a month either but I understand it works for others..

joeirish
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.11.2018  ·  #7
Does it get very packed in southern Spain/Portugal in January. We are just planning our first trip for Jan 2019 and slightly concerned that we might not find places to stop. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2018  ·  #8
Busy yes, packed no. Some sites will be full but there will be another one a few miles away. Some of the Aires will be over subscribed with people staying on the same aire for weeks or months instead of days.
If you arrive on aire mid to late morning that’s generally a good time or campsite by their earliest check in time.
In 4 previous winters I have failed 2 times out of 100s to stay at my intended destination because it was full.
Make sure you have a good app, search for a site, park for a night or camper contact.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2018  ·  #9
Jamie is 100% correct.
We came down last January and got on sites, busy on the costa Brava coastal areas but always somewhere to stop off. Short term on sites can be expensive but go inland a bit and it’s cheaper and more available.
We’re on the costas now and quite busy on sites near the coast but availability is always a short drive away.
Weather changeable at the moment here, but still OK.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2018  ·  #10
Keep her between the hedges Jon, hope you are doing OK and better weather on the way.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2018  ·  #11
Stay South Jon.
There was severe flooding around Valencia /Gerona Figueres. A German off-road motorbike tour operator from Mieres was killed when his bike was washed away while going to the aide of 3 other bikers around Saint Miquel de Campmajor at the weekend and landslides around Barcelona today

DonalandGer
My Motorhome: Hymer sl674
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2018  ·  #12
StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2018  ·  #13
Quote by DonalandGer

www.campingbalerma.com/en/prices/precios-camping/
stayed here for a couple of nights it was very good and they have great rates for long stays., Anybody in Almerimar going to Mc Gowens to watch the rugby

I stayed at Mar Azul last year and it was my favourite campsite of my winter treck that said I was talking to another camper who hated it all you can are acres of plastic referring to the veg growing poly tunnels. But it had a nice beach across the road, the facilities were excellent and the staff really helpful. I will no doubt stay again sometime over my winter treck this year.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Here again at Mar Azul

· 
Posted: 23.12.2018  ·  #14
Just arrived at Mar Azul, going to chill for 4/5 days it’s a campers campsite they have tried to incorporate everything you need, great site and they sell the 2019 acsi card. Mainly German campers which is no bad thing for me, although I’m opposite a Cornish couple so all good.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.