France/Spain - Dog passport, info required ?

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

France/Spain - Dog passport, info required

· 
Posted: 05.11.2018  ·  #41
Yeah what I need is pedigree cert number for a black/white bitch between 1@2 years old.
But I also wounded if they do any kind of checks. there was photos of a Staffy someone had on holidays in France earlier this year,I don't remember who it was or what post it was under. I would like to know what checks he went trough, did they look for a pedigree cert or did they just look at the pet passport and the dog. I'm considering doing a booze cruise to Roscoff and bring her, then if they I have any hassle I'll be going home on the next boat anyway.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Re: France/Spain - Dog passport, info required ?

· 
Posted: 05.11.2018  ·  #42
Quote by sprinter

. I'm considering doing a booze cruise to Roscoff and bring her, then if they I have any hassle I'll be going home on the next boat anyway.

That would be the job alright :up: We had an English couple parked next to us down at Etang de Berre last year, they had a lovely staff with them ( Rescue Dog ) and never mentioned having any issue's or problem's....

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.11.2018  ·  #43
Class puppy Martin, hope to meet her sometime.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.11.2018  ·  #44
whether pedigree or not

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #45
Here is my tuppence worth, the information supplied by Sprinter refers to importing the dogs into France & Spain, is that not inferring that it is for permanent importation and not transient as on vacation?

From my own experience of taking the old dog and current dog to Spain via France travelling from Dublin-Holyhead-Calais there was never a check carried out on the dog on the outward leg of the journey going by both ferry or tunnel and I mean nothing not even if we had a ticket for them never mind doggie passports, we had booked the dog(s) on and paid extra on the tunnel, can't remember if we paid extra on the ferry or not. To say we were disappointed was an understatement as we thought it amusing to have a passport for the dog and even had her photo on it!

Coming back via Calais the checks were carried out at the ticket booth were they scanned the microchip and checked the passport for the dates of the injections/tablets.

Would the ideal solution not be to contact either the Dept of Agriculture or whatever govt department deals with movement of animals in UK/Ireland and France for proper clarification

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #46
The piece I posted earlier was from an English travel company. I was unable to post the piece from the FRENCH MINISTRY FOR AGRICULTURE, FOOD, FISHERIES, RURAL POLICY, AND LOCAL DEVELOPMENT
This is the information from them.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELLING TO FRANCE WITH PETS FROM
COUNTRIES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION (non-commercial movement)
Pets: animals such as dogs, cats, ferrets, rodents and domestic rabbits and birds (all species pets: animals such as dogs, cats, ferrets, rodents and domestic rabbits and birds (all species except poultry*), reptiles, amphibians, ornamental tropical fish, invertebrates –except bees and crustaceans-====,THIS IS THE RELEVANT PIECE ====== accompanying their owner or a natural person who has taken responsibility on the owner's behalf during their movement and which are not to be sold or subject to a transfer of ownership=======

A - Travelling to France with Cats / Dogs / Ferrets, from a country in the European Union Animals must have:
1. Identification: animals must be identified by a microchip (electronic identification system) or by a clearly readable tattoo (applied before 3 July 2011) to travel within the EU.

2. A passport issued by a veterinary surgeon accredited by the competent authority, certifying the animal's identification and rabies vaccination);

3. A valid vaccination against rabies (first vaccination and boosters); First vaccinations are deemed to be valid after 21 days.

Categorised dogs

Importing category 1 dogs into France that are classified by their morphological characteristics as dogs of the Staffordshire terrier, American Staffordshire terrier (pit-bulls), Mastiff (boerbulls) and Tosa breeds ====== ALSO RELEVANT===== not registered in a pedigree record is prohibited in France.=========== Importing ( means bringing them in ) category 2 dogs into France that are classified by their morphological characteristics as dogs of the Staffordshire terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, Tosa breeds, registered in a pedigree record and dogs similar in their morphological characteristics to Rottweilers, not registered in a pedigree record, is possible. The rules for movement and ownership of category 2 dogs apply.

When entering France, animals should be accompanied by a veterinary certificate drawn up 5 days before departure, stating that they are in good health with no clinical signs of diseases specific to the species.

Furthermore, these animals must not be intended for sale

I also contacted the French Embassy (they were as Helpfull as a horse's arse )

My French is not good enough to explain the problem to the people at --- agriculture.gouv.fr/animaux-de-compagnie)

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #47
dghr272
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Autotrail Arapaho
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 3.0
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2018  ·  #48
Proposed Brexit deal if signed off for those from the North...... it's a BIG IF

From the Commission’s Q&A on Northern Ireland:
NI will remain aligned to a limited set of rules that are related to the EU's Single Market and indispensable for avoiding a hard border: legislation on goods, sanitary rules for veterinary controls (“SPS rules”)

Source - Tony Connelly (RTE)

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2018  ·  #49
It really is a big IF, some in the north like it, some don’t, the Scotts like what we have and if they don’t get it they don’t want it. I have heard retainers saying it’s a bad deal and brexiteers saying it’s a bad deal as well as those on both sides who think it’s good.

After moths and years of negotiations we are still no further forward.

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2018  ·  #50
Martin did you make any headway on this? I’ve researched it extensively before- polly is a pitty x staffy - and I drew the conclusion from all reading done that there was no way I was bringing her in - without issue (despite her having been through the british court system behavioral testing!). Albeit there may be a laxi-dazy check on the day and you’d get through but, it just wasn’t worth the risk for me. It’s a nonsense law... I’ve pencilled in my mind that European trips will be through the netherlands when we finally get around to one 😆

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

France/Spain - Dog passport, info required

· 
Posted: 15.11.2018  ·  #51
Killian. The story so far from the French regs, the word is no pedigree no entry.
The vets and the department here are either not aware of the written regs or don't understand.
One of the department vets has said he is dealing with a case of a dog put into quarantine for 6 months .
The French officials have 3options
Thy can let you pass no problem.
They can put the animal in quarantine for 6 months.
They can have it put down.
We would need a letter from the department of Agriculture in France allowing her to travel .
We have a friend who is French and she is going to contact the Department of Agriculture in Paris to put the case on our behalf to ask if they will give us permission.
It is a silly nonsenses to say you can bring in any mongrel Rottweiler and not a Staffy
The real problem is the word ENGLISH in the breed name .
Its not a Continental breed.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.