Finding an automatic van for conversion here or uk...anywhere???

bennyyorkie
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Finding an automatic van for conversion here or uk...anywhere???

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #1
Hi,
Im still pondering between van conversions, autosleepers and motorhomes. As I have a spinal condition I must have an automatic. Been looking on ebay and donedeal and there are NO automatic Ford transits or Renault Masters...none I could find anyway. Thing is as a solo female, I really would like to get an inconspicuous van that doesn't obviously look like a camper...even one with no windows that I could stamp "Marys flowers" or something on the side....but I just dont think I can handle a manual with my particular condition. Swapped my second last car for an automatic one for this reason. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Finding an automatic van for conversion here or uk...anywhere???

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #2
Amazes me how the UK & Ireland are so insistent on manuals. Why would anyone want to keep changing gears when you don't have too?
Always a nuisance and a premium finding an auto.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #3
I have no idea of your budget but I have a Wildax Europa and there is one for sale also Wildax Solaris Auto

they don't put loads of decals

https://www.nickwhalemotorhome…garage=Any

David

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2018  ·  #4
Quote by Ally

Amazes me how the UK & Ireland are so insistent on manuals. Why would anyone want to keep changing gears when you don't have too?
Always a nuisance and a premium finding an auto.

Have to agree, Ally, everything we have other than the Tractors are Automatic, The Motorhome was the first automatic we bought and when we got it my Dad said he never liked the Automatic's and I said to him you never had one and he said I know, I never liked them :lol: I think that is the sentiment with most people they don't know what they are missing, I certainly wouldn't go back to a manual.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2018  ·  #5
Automatic gearbox only have became common in vans and trucks in the last 4 or 5 years. Traditional Ireland and the UK are clutch and gear stick in righthand drive, while our lefthand drive neighbours, Europe and America had been automatic for decades.
To buy a manaul gearbox van or truck now, is more expensive than an automatic version. The manufacturers have been trying to streamline their different markets by financial adjustment since 2010/12.
The main difference in driving an automatic gearbox is that you select your engine revs, say 1500 rpm, and you let the ecu select the appropriate gear. No more of right foot down, then clutch down, shift the stick and both feet up, before right foot down again.
In short, automatic righthand drive vans for sale will be only a few years old.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.