Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Re: Kenmare

· 
Posted: 12.11.2017  ·  #41
Watched the video, every impressive. Reminds me of one of the RV parks on that new TV series, Living the Dream. I agree there will be Motorhomers who will flock to this place. Just like us in our first year, we didn't have the confidence or experience to best use the facilities we had in our own motorhome. However, now all we what is somewhere safe to park. Even fresh water with grey and black waste is a bonus. TiTTs does it for us every time. Just wish there were more of them.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2017  ·  #42
Just to let everyone know that Jim has appeared to have deleted his posts for reasons unknown and as such makes the thread make no sense, as people had replied to specifics within his posts. The thread will remain open at present so any updates or further information can still be added.

Sicknote
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2017  ·  #43
Quote by the fat controller

Just to let everyone know that Jim has appeared to have deleted his posts for reasons unknown and as such makes the thread make no sense, as people had replied to specifics within his posts. The thread will remain open at present so any updates or further information can still be added.

FC, I removed the posts due to the sentiments I had stirred up in reply to other posts. I assumed that that the general consensus had been one of disdain towards the the development and, although I agree with the "debate is a good thing" idea, I felt my posts had antagonised some members for which I had apologised. I firmly believe in the more choice we have the better for motorhomers, again this raised some issues, and again I apologised.
So, in order to dissolve any ill feeling, and not to leave myself open for some veiled derogatory comments, in another topic , I thought it best to remove all of my posts relevant to the Kenmare project.
Any MHC members interested in updates on the development can access it through the Kerry CoCo website planning section ref 17/1050.
Apologies for "upsetting" the flow of the thread

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2017  ·  #44
LOL!

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2017  ·  #45
Quote by retired and loving it

Quote by the fat controller

FC, I removed the posts due to the sentiments I had stirred up in reply to other posts. I assumed that that the general consensus had been one of disdain towards the the development and, although I agree with the "debate is a good thing" idea, I felt my posts had antagonised some members for which I had apologised. I firmly believe in the more choice we have the better for motorhomers, again this raised some issues, and again I apologised.
So, in order to dissolve any ill feeling, and leave myself open for some veiled derogatory comments, in another topic , I thought it best to remove all of my posts relevant to the Kenmare project.
Any MHC members interested in updates on the development can access it through the Kerry CoCo website planning section ref 17/1050.
Apologies for "upsetting" the flow of the thread

No ill feeling here :-) , though I do believe the our focus should towards addressing the lack of an Aires network (both private and public) and leave the promotion of other types of places to others.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #46
I know it's almost 12 months since the last post on this thread, but the saga rattles on.
Have a read OF THIS ARTICLE on last Saturdays Irish Examiner.
The amount of misinformation and lack of understanding of what a motorhome parking area is which surrounds this venture would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #47
13 metre long Motorhomes, do they bend in the middle? :sleep:

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #48
I think that the quoted objector, Mr Murphy, needs to go to Specsavers.
The maximum length of a rigid vehicle in the EU is 12 metres and its maximum width is 2.55 metres.
Malcolm

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #49
Quote by baguette

I know it's almost 12 months since the last post on this thread, but the saga rattles on.

Maybe we should be advising them what Motorhome owners really require? Although something tells me that might of already happened.

EDIT: reading back through the topic, I know what was going on now.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #50
Mr Murphy needs a little bit of education,also someone needs to buy the guy a tape measure for Christmas.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #51
Here are a few interesting stats from the planning application

Number of parking bays = 10, between 110 and 120 sqm each
Number of service blocks = 1
In the service block, male section, 1 urinal, 2 showers 3 toilets, 3 wash basins, in the female section 2 showers, 3 toilets, 4 wash basins.
Disabled WC & shower room
Laundry room with washing machine, dryer and sink.
Office/Reception area.

The planning application includes a letter from an organisation called Total Motorhome Ireland endorsing the development on behalf of their 2,800 members

IMHO the above development will end up as a mobile home park as I can't see touring motorhomes, looking for somewhere to park up overnight at a price between free and €10, paying the kind of fee which would be required to cover the investment in a place with the above specification, most of which we already have on board..

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.11.2018  ·  #52

The planning application includes a letter from an organisation called Total Motorhome Ireland endorsing the development on behalf of their 2,800 members

Just like to make it clear that Motorhomecraic is in no way connected or affiliated to the above (Facebook) group.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.