benen
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: fiat ducato
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

12v

· 
Posted: 26.10.2018  ·  #1
New to this ,her indoors wants TV for winter nights , is there big difference on usage from battery from 12v TV or 230 TV with inventer, have 19 " TV but it's not 12 v,

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: 12v

· 
Posted: 26.10.2018  ·  #2
Somewhere on the back of your regular tv will a sticker listing manufacturer and etc.
Have a read and find the power consumption. It will be a number of watts. Our tv/dvd pulls about 20 watts.
Then you need an inverter to change 12 volts into 220 volts.
For example Halfords sell an 150 watt inverter for €40 ish which can be plug into a cigar lighter, just make sure that its a leisure battery conection not an engine battery.
Finally for ariel signal. Assuming that your tv is saor view or free view ready, the cheapest option is to get a standard chimney ariel €20/30, strap it to a long handle or pipe, and when you park up cable tie to your rear bike rack for signal. A top of range, self finding satellite system will set you back a couple of grand. There is a roof mounted type of ariel available.
Alot of folks now watch tv on a laptop linked to their phone data signal.
Food for thought,
Malcolm

TippOff
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2018  ·  #3
If you hold an AXA car insurance policy you can get 10% off car accessories (including camping equipment!) at Halfords. Just show them your AXA Plus card. If you don't have a card your AXA insurance policy or the disc from your windscreen will suffice.

Cadby
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2019  ·  #4
If this is a conventional lead acid battery, a charge voltage of about 13.5 volts is normal. to Charge a 40AH battery a large charger, say like a car battery charger will be best, something that will start out at about 6 amps and taper down as the charge builds.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.