New batteries

Daffysparks

Subject:

New batteries

· 
Posted: 02.10.2018  ·  #1
I know there has been various topics on this, but I’m hoping someone can help me on locating Monbat 95602 semi traction batteries for my van. 2 of them required. Mine appear to be shot. First time last weekend, they wouldn’t run the inverter for the morning toast, after been used for tv, lights and heating the previous night.
After 12 hours charge at home, they will only run a1200 watt hairdryer for about 2-1/2 minutes before voltage drops too low.switch off hair dryer/ inverter Then voltage bounces back up.
Very tight for space for one under the seat. Really need 190mm high with positive on right as you look at terminals from closest side to terminals. They have been very good up till now. Don’t know how old they are. Were in van when I got it. I’m guessing when solar panels were fitted in 2012. Anyone know where I can get them, I’d appreciate it

Subject:

Re: New batteries

· 
Posted: 02.10.2018  ·  #2
You could try leisure batteries Ireland. I think they were listing monbat when I was buying in January.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

New batteries

· 
Posted: 02.10.2018  ·  #3
have you tried?
leasurebatteriesireland.ie 01 5312053
or Monbatt Ltd. Brandrum, Monaghan, Co Monaghan.353 (0)47 84473

you could also try, JTM power Rathnew 0404 66998 he sells Vitron Energy Products.
I sourced all my solar system including the battery from him.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2018  ·  #4
Quote by mark

You could try leisure batteries Ireland. I think they were listing monbat when I was buying in January.

Cheers. Aye but not my one. rang them today and they were to get back to me after lunch if they had them. Heard nothing

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2018  ·  #5
You seem to have made your mind up on type but thought I would share...

I've not mentioned my purchase of batteries for the RV on here yet, but AndN caravans in England must know their stuff. So far the batteries they recommend have been amazing. Varta LFD 90's

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2018  ·  #6
It’s not really that I’ve made my mind up. More that it’s been made for me. They seem to be the only ones I can find at that size, and that are the smf type. Banner do one that would fit but positive is on opposite side and some cables wouldn’t reach. I’m open to any thing that does the job well. Tbh was a bit disappointed to see they were only 75Ah each, but then, Thought, well they were perfect for the last two years, and can’t fit bigger. Only other option would be to just join all positives and all negatives in a big joint, and stick two bigger batteries under bench seat where second one is. Loads of room. Just not sure if that would be recommended.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2018  ·  #7
Quote by sprinter

have you tried?
leasurebatteriesireland.ie 01 5312053
or Monbatt Ltd. Brandrum, Monaghan, Co Monaghan.353 (0)47 84473

you could also try, JTM power Rathnew 0404 66998 he sells Vitron Energy Products.
I sourced all my solar system including the battery from him.

Thanks I’ll try them tomorrow

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #8
In the end I couldn’t locate the Monbat batteries, so opted for Yuasa Efb instead. Time will tell.
Also have ordered a new controller for solar, as seen my original one on eBay for 11 quid, so I’m guessing it’s not a true mppt controller. I am considering the possibility that the batteries were over charged during the long hot summer. The old controller was very basic so hopefully all will be good now

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #9
Where did you get the Efb from. Tried several sites 2 months ago with no luck.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #10
From Tayna batteries. Based in U.K. prompt delivery to Ireland ( South ).

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #11
Out of stock when I tried. Had to go with another AGM battery, but it's going well so far. Thanks.

newt
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #12
Quote by Daffysparks

In the end I couldn’t locate the Monbat batteries, so opted for Yuasa Efb instead. Time will tell.
Also have ordered a new controller for solar, as seen my original one on eBay for 11 quid, so I’m guessing it’s not a true mppt controller. I am considering the possibility that the batteries were over charged during the long hot summer. The old controller was very basic so hopefully all will be good now

Looking for a replacement solar controller as mine is overcharging, what one did you order please.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #13
Tried and tested by Craicer's ...

This one.

I see the ebay link is dead, but I am sure it can be found with a bit of searching.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #14
I couldn’t locate that one Ally.
Meet..... I’ll have to look up the name tonight for you

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #15
Eco worthy. 20amp. I don’t know anything about it yet. If you are not in a panic. I’ll post more when I have used it for a while.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #16
on the subject, anyone got a contact for fitting solar panels. fitting only.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

New batteries

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #17
Quote by ROBANDSUE

on the subject, anyone got a contact for fitting solar panels. fitting only.

Rob.
Would you not have a go yourself ,its not a very difficult operation.

newt
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #18
Quote by Daffysparks

Eco worthy. 20amp. I don’t know anything about it yet. If you are not in a panic. I’ll post more when I have used it for a while.

Many thanks, I'll keep an eye out for updates, I'm not in any rush.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #19
I have checked my old leisure batteries and there seems to be life in them. They are holding the charge on the bench and are sitting at 12.9 and 13.1 volts. Staged battery charger is showing them as fully charged, so I am thinking of wiring them in parallel with the new ones, THROUGH an isolator, as back up in the winter. Not charging them through solar or onboard. Just as back up. If new ones drain down, switch isolator, and have 2 more 75 Ah batteries to work off. Charge them back up when I get home.
Any reason why this won’t work ??

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #20
Is your thinking that have two batteries in normal everyday use and then if they get flat you will connect two fully charged backup batteries in parallel with them.

How long do you expect the backup batteries to hold their charge between you charging them and then using them

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #21
not much use

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #22
How long do you expect the backup batteries to hold their charge between you charging them and then using them
[/quote]
That’s something I’d need to keep a check on to start, but they will be very accessible so will be easy to charge them insitu. I’d expect to top off the charge quite often. Every couple of weeks or so, just to keep them good

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #23
Mine was like that 75ah
Put a load on them one at a time just say a 12v x 21 w bulb see how long they power it for mine did about 3 hrs so not much use
[/quote]
These have been used right up until a week ago. 5 hours of blow heating, 3 hours of TV and a few lights. Ok the next morning for Tv but when I put 800watt toaster on through the inverter it wouldn’t work. After a day of solar, half sunny half cloudy, grand for tv and heating the next night, but again would only work toaster for a minute. I’d hope they would be ok, just as backup for tv, lights, and maybe the heating if necessary

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #24
Lard improves it

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.