Satisfied with your Motorhome

Poll

Are you completely satisfied with your Motorhome?
Completely Satisfied 100%

13 (27.66%)
90%

18 (38.3%)
80%

11 (23.4%)
70%

3 (6.38%)
60%

0 (0%)
50%

1 (2.13%)
40%

0 (0%)
30%

0 (0%)
20%

1 (2.13%)
10% completely dissatisfied

0 (0%)
Total votes:47
Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Satisfied with your Motorhome

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #1
Are you completely satisfied with your Motorhome, or are you disappointed by some of its build quality or other expectations that you have had?

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Re: Satisfied with your Motorhome

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #2
The only thing I don’t like is where the toilet is very bad design but then it is French but hope to sort it out before next year

Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Geist
Base Vehicle: Transit
Subject:

Yip

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #3
I love mine in every way.

Sadly the 11 year old got a Saturday job coaching gymnastics and that has impacted on our weekends away.

I'm considering an amicable separation just to get a couple of months use from it.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #4
Completely satisfied with our Adria Vision and also with the way Adria treat their customers. First class can’t speak too highly of the van or the company and it’s staff.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #5
My Hobby. Well that's another story. It could be said I was unlucky and got a rogue on, but I spoke to a guy with a similar one and he'd had bother as well. Year 1. No spare ignition key supplied, but I got a new one three years later!! Leak in shower tray. All opening habitation windows replaced, and not to the same spec. Upholstery started to sag on two base cushions. Cupboard door flew off on a couple of occasions, new water pump. Year two. Heiki above cab had water between sheets. Replaced in year three at a cost of £1100+ to Hobby. Carpets fell apart. No friction burns on them either. Bubbling paint on rear sills. Water pump died. Year three. Bathroom sink waste pipe came away from sink, taking part of the sink with it. New water tap in kitchen. I'm sure there's a couple of other things but I see you falling asleep. Still, as long as there's a reliable engine.........

Hatti
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #6
Just got our MH August been away few weekends only down side is having to make up double bed every night as I’ve arthritis in my knee bit sore and awkward but loving the freedom 🙂

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #7
Having now purchased our third Autotrail I could not be any happier with our purchase and the intervention of the manufacturer when we were having a problem on our second purchase known as lutton squeak which was really irritating when driving.
The way we were treated by the English dealer and Autotrail who paid my fair to get the Motorhome to their factory and return, also paid for me to fly home and return when the work was complete,collected me at airport and took me back to the factory to collect my repaired Motorhome.
Yes we are very happy with how we have been treated,thank God having read your sad tales that Dicksons of Perth was not where we purchased.
HOWEVER everyone makes mistakes and if they have made one then there is always a way to correct that.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #8
Cant complain with ours, has been very reliable, only real problem was the water heater Board failed earlier in the year. got that fixed by a local Motorhome Dealer, at a cost I want to forget, now that heater could be fitted to any make of van. I suppose my biggest gripe with it is that there is no external access to the under bed stowage. I cured that by fitting an external rear box. must give the thumbs up to Knaus. Had no real Issues with the Chausson either other than the toilet & shower area was very cramped.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #9
A bit like ntg we have an Autotrail although it is only our second one. I must say we are very happy with it, so much so when we talk about changing we say we would probably buy the exact same van again. We are sticking with the one we have for now.
Our Knaus van was very good quality too.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #10
We love our Dethleffs Advantage the only downside is it has alloy wheels and I keep getting slow punctures because the valves can't take the high pressures and leak slowly

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.10.2018  ·  #11
Loving ours, the 4th Rv we've had. I've heard it said 'you should buy your 3rd mh first...' 😁

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.10.2018  ·  #12
Quote by eirebus

I keep getting slow punctures because the valves can't take the high pressures and leak slowly

Get the valves coated in bead sealer and refitted, did that with my Passat alloys that were slowly letting air out,
Since the bead sealer was applied to the valves before re seating it worked a treat👍🏻

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.10.2018  ·  #13
Thanks for that John , where would I get this sealer ? I checked the pressures yesterday and there all down at different pressures would like to get metal valves but can't get anyone to tell me what type I need

adria
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.10.2018  ·  #14
Very happy with our adria matrix going like a dream.....😀...would only change for different layout and a couple of extras.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.10.2018  ·  #15
Sorry to mods for for going off topic but i want to give the info,

The tryes will have to come off thr rim Dave, old valve cut out and new valve (new valve probably €2-3 each) re-fitting,
The tyre fitter usually used bead sealer on rims that are hard to seal,
Black tacky stuff,
Make sure and ask the lad using the tyre machine not to scrape your alloy as some lads dont give a rats ass
They can take and refit a tyre without marking the alloy but most are just as rough as a bears a**e

Apologies to mods again,

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.10.2018  ·  #16
Not completely satisfied with my mobilvetta. Would I have chosen a different one knowing what I know now with the same budget? No I would chose exactly the same.
I am amazed at the poor build quality of the majority of MHs especially newer models. I have met owners of most makes and have heard and seen far too many examples of poor execution or workmanship.
I think what has frustrated me the most are the 3 fiat recalls I’ve had and other faults where mobilvetta say it’s a fiat issue and fiat saying it’s a mobilvetta issue.
2 examples; passenger door electric window not working,fiat mechanicals but mobilvetta door and window. And led indicators based on fiat electrics but mobilvetta light. Dealer and me in the middle.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.