JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Dometic fridge recall.

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #1
Just got notification from Thompson’s that there is a potential fire risk with the Dometic fridge fitted to 2016/17 Rapido. It’s to do with the the 12v operating mode. They advise to disconnect the 12v connector immediately and isolate the gas supply.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Dometic fridge recall.

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #2
I got this notice today also, but in January Ruairi (LTS) phoned me and told me that there was a recall on the refrigerator and he was sending me a lower amp fuse and a little sticker to stick on the fuse box to say that the modification had been carried out.
I spoke with him today and he thinks this is the same one, he will confirm on Monday.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #3
This motorhome lark is turning out to be hardship.
If you buy an auld yoke, it will breakdown and leave you stranded.
If you buy a brand new shiny piece of kit, the manufacturers issue you with a recall email and leave you stuck at home.
Malcolm

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2018  ·  #4
The letter they sent came with instructions from Rapido on how to disconnect the 12v supply. It’s dated 29/06/17!!! I also read a post on another forum about this issue and it was highlighted in April. Seems to me that either Thompson’s or Rapido are a bit slow in notifying affected customers.

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2018  ·  #5
Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Another recall

· 
Posted: 28.08.2018  ·  #6
Got email today about ANOTHER recall on the Dometic fridge, apparently the fridge has to come out and the electric box at the back replaced. Unfortunately it is situated about in the middle of the top and bottom vent so removal is the only option.

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2018  ·  #7
Yeah, I read about that one. I checked with LTS regarding the original recall and they already carried it out on mine at last jab check. It just involved changing the 12v fuse from 30amp to 20amp. I had read about the change of circuit board but they hadn’t been informed about that one yet.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2018  ·  #8
They have now!

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Rapido to the rescue

· 
Posted: 30.09.2018  ·  #9
I was to have the electric's box on the back of my fridge replaced as part of the recall and as I was getting ready to go to France I asked LTS to send me the replacement part with a view to having it fitted at a Rapido dealers here in England, I chose a Rapido dealer in Cheshire 130 miles away from me and after spending a long afternoon on it they sent me on my way. A short time later when I decided to check out everything was working prior to my trip to France I discovered that the fridge would not work on the 12v when driving. Spent all day Friday trying to get the dealer to assist but all they said was that I would need to pop in with it (130 miles away) and they would look at it, I was leaving on Sunday and they were closing at 5pm. One guy I spoke to advised me just to leave it on gas.
When I was in France I decided to call Rapido for advice and I spoke to Anthony, the best and most helpful guy I have ever met in any organisation connected to the motor trade. Anthony invited me to the factory in Mayenne on the following Tuesday morning.
Apparently the part fitted was defective, (did the dealer fit me an old one and keep my new part for one of their own customers? I will never know.) which they were quite puzzled by but did manage to find, and fit me a new part and do a complete gas test. We were very well attended to and after we politely refused the offer of a car to go out in, we were left into town and collected a couple of hours later.
I was delighted with the service received and I believe all manufactures should behave in the same way.

Old School
My Motorhome: Adria
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #10
Out of curiousity, how many of you have got the recall regarding the control panel on the Dometic 8400 series? Mine was completed back in August, this year, so I'm a bit surprised its not been mentioned.

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #11
Just had mine done last week at LTS. I hadn't received any notification about the recall and it was only confirmed I needed it done after phoning them. So if in doubt give them a call.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #12
Quote by JMAC

Just had mine done last week at LTS. I hadn't received any notification about the recall and it was only confirmed I needed it done after phoning them. So if in doubt give them a call.

How old is your van? Mine is just turned four and I've never had any info. I'm thinking it must be newer vans than mine.

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.10.2018  ·  #13

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.