Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Battle of the Lakes - Achill Island, Co. Mayo - 28th & 29th Sept

· 
Posted: 23.09.2018  ·  #1
Hi all,
The Mrs spotted this and we are thinking of heading down next weekend.
There is a campsite right next to the beach and music event.
Just wondering if anyone has been before or going this year. Looks fun.

https://www.battleforthelake.com/

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Battle of the Lakes - Achill Island, Co. Mayo - 28th & 29th Sept

· 
Posted: 23.09.2018  ·  #2
Stumbled across this event purely by accident a couple of years back. We were staying in The Strand Hotel by the beach. The hotel manager asked us were we going to Pure Magic that evening. “Pure what?” says I.

Long story short, he dropped us down to Pure Magic to catch the evenings entertainment where there was a Marquee, BBQ and a lot of interesting folk; kite surfers, tech heads and entrepreneurs etc.. Although we had missed out on the day stuff, it looks worth while checking out. If you figure there is parking, even better

just_manu
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.09.2018  ·  #3
Quote by The Rambler

Stumbled across this event purely by accident a couple of years back. We were staying in The Strand Hotel by the beach. The hotel manager asked us were we going to Pure Magic that evening. “Pure what?” says I.

Long story short, he dropped us down to Pure Magic to catch the evenings entertainment where there was a Marquee, BBQ and a lot of interesting folk; kite surfers, tech heads and entrepreneurs etc.. Although we had missed out on the day stuff, it looks worth while checking out. If you figure there is parking, even better

Sounds good. Thanks for the update Rambler.
The campsite is ‘no pre-booking’ but have reached out to them to see what the story is for a family with a Campervan . Will post an update here.
I think we will give it a go!

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.09.2018  ·  #4
We're starting off around Louisville on Wednesday en route to Donagheys, so we'll be close enough to stay a night. Might see you there sounds good. Of course it could always turn into a pre meet meet....

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Battle of the Lakes - Achill Island, Co. Mayo - 28th & 29th Sept

· 
Posted: 23.09.2018  ·  #5
Quote by just_manu

Quote by The Rambler

Sounds good. Thanks for the update Rambler.
The campsite is ‘no pre-booking’ but have reached out to them to see what the story is for a family with a Campervan . Will post an update here.
I think we will give it a go!

Justin there is a newly reopened park at Dugort, Seal cave which is about 2k from Pure Magic and just before the Strand hotel. But I think Keel bay is where all the activity will be and there is also a campsite beside the beach Sandbanks which is the one you are referring to.
Have a look at them on google maps.
Dugurt would be much more sheltered as testified by Mark and Wendy who were in Sandbanks in the last storm .

just_manu
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.09.2018  ·  #6
Quote by Helgahobby

We're starting off around Louisville on Wednesday en route to Donagheys, so we'll be close enough to stay a night. Might see you there sounds good. Of course it could always turn into a pre meet meet....

Yep, might see you there so. Where is Louisville?

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.09.2018  ·  #7
Quote by Helgahobby

Just booked a weekend ticket, are there any sites on the island? Hardly.....

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2018  ·  #8
Quote by sprinter

Justin there is a newly reopened park at Dugort, Seal cave which is about 2k from Pure Magic and just before the Strand hotel. But I think Keel bay is where all the activity will be and there is also a campsite beside the beach Sandbanks which is the one you are referring to.
Have a look at them on google maps.
Dugurt would be much more sheltered as testified by Mark and Wendy who were in Sandbanks in the last storm .

When I stumbled across this about 3/4 years back, all the night time action was at Pure Magic. But looking at the website it looks like it is all happening at Keel now which looks even better as there is a large campsite there. The whole thing looks to have grown. If I didn’t have to work next weekend I’d be on for it.

just_manu
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.09.2018  ·  #9
Quote by Helgahobby

Quote by Helgahobby

Just booked a weekend ticket, are there any sites on the island? Hardly.....

Campsite is 2 mins away from all the activities so very handy.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.