baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Let's not forget what we're up against

· 
Posted: 18.09.2018  ·  #1
Looking through some old files I have on our fight for Motorhome Parking Areas I came across this in the Irish Examiner October 2016
The article sets out very clearly what representatives of caravan and camping park owners think of the provision of overnight motorhome parking and the efforts they will go to prevent it becoming available.

It's important that we expose their lack of credibility and unfavourable bias, as stakeholders, in any discussion or consultation about the provision of motorhome overnight parking.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Re: Let's not forget what we're up against

· 
Posted: 18.09.2018  ·  #2
Quote by baguette

Looking through some old files I have on our fight for Motorhome Parking Areas I came across this in the Irish Examiner October 2016
The article sets out very clearly what representatives of caravan and camping park owners think of the provision of overnight motorhome parking and the efforts they will go to prevent it becoming available.

It's important that we expose their lack of credibility and unfavorable bias, as stakeholders, in any discussion or consultation about the provision of motorhome overnight parking.

you may not be aware of this, but the Good Councillor who did most of the work on Cobh Aire has passed away RIP.

Independent.ie Newsdesk
December 14 2016 11:58 AM

Cork councilor Claire Cullinane dies at home in Cobh
Tributes paid following the sudden death of the ‘wonderful, fun-loving’ Independent
Wed, Dec 14, 2016, 16:02

They should name the Aire after her.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2018  ·  #3
Quote by sprinter

you may not be aware of this, but the Good Councillor who did most of the work on Cobh Aire has passed away RIP.

Independent.ie Newsdesk
December 14 2016 11:58 AM

Cork councilor Claire Cullinane dies at home in Cobh
Tributes paid following the sudden death of the ‘wonderful, fun-loving’ Independent
Wed, Dec 14, 2016, 16:02

They should name the Aire after her.

click: forum/topic.php?t=13330

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2018  ·  #4
i like that idea of naming the aire after her

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Let's not forget what we're up against

· 
Posted: 18.09.2018  ·  #5
HI here is a copy of a mail I sent to Cobh,
Councillor Barry.
I am a member of a motorhome forum group ( Motorhomecraic .com ) who is actively campaigning for Facilities in areas around the country like your provided in Cobh, which is greatly appreciated far and wide.
I would like to ask if you or someone from the council could provide or share with me/us some details regarding the installation, maybe running costs, income expected etc ( since yours is the model that we all refer to) that we could use when making a pitch for a similar Facility.
I do realise you may not want or be able to put this information in the public arena but you may be able to share your findings with other interested councillors
I am in contact with my local councillor Ms Grainne Mc Loughlin here in Greystones Co Wicklow and we have other members approaching their local councils.

I also forwarded it to Grainne with this bit added

Unfortunately, the late Councillor Claire Cullinane.RIP. one of the driving forces in attracting tourists to the town was a person who put a lot of effort into the Aire.

We in Motorhomecraic are trying to figure how best to put a proposal to Cobh Council to have the Aire named after her.

Maybe someone with a better grasp of how to word it could put something together on our behalf and we could put forward a proposal to Cobh Councill in appreciation of her efforts in providing the Air.
What do you think?

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2018  ·  #6
excellent.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2018  ·  #7
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.