TeachGra
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Planning 1st trip to france

· 
Posted: 10.09.2018  ·  #1
I please need advice. Planning for next june going from rosslare . Plan to book a eurocamp as 6 year old will be with us. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Planning 8 days hopefully.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Planning 1st trip to france

· 
Posted: 10.09.2018  ·  #2
Hi Muriel.
For the outset, France is a huge country to drive in.
My recommendation would be to decide your maximum distance from Roscoff in hours of travelling times.
If you get a tip on a place in the Alps, but you are only willing to drive for 6 hours, the tip is useless.
We have used some of the Euro camps along our travels. There can be a little expensive but they have great kids clubs and pools etc.
Malcolm,
Ps, I think that we met in Dick's field during the summer. We had the trailer load of kayaks with us.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2018  ·  #3
The weather in June should be good no matter how far south you go. The boat will cost the same no matter how long you stay. So the decision is where and how long you can afford to stay in one of Those camps. You could extend the holiday by stopping in Aires on the way to your site and on the return. Pick well and there will be lots to do for an evening. Stay in France as long as you can.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2018  ·  #4
Our son went to 3 Eurocampsites this year but to a mobile home. Children aged baby and 4.
Sol de Gogo just south of St Jean des Monts , we joined him in our MH for two days, the most expensive site we stayed.
There was children’s entertainment end of May but he was only child at it.
They then went to north again to south Brittany to Benodet and Carnac....presume these sites take MHs.

Our favourite is Yelloh Village Le Littoral, in Talmont St Hilaire...it used to be one on ACSI Camping Card site but still same price.
There are always activities for children but will you be linked to Eurocamp if in MH.?

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #5
I was going to suggest St jean de monts, but R+N beat me to it. About 5 to 6 hrs drive, great campsites and loads to do, if the weather is good.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #6
We were originally going to go to La Yole in St Jean des Monts, but found we could stay in Sol des Gogo, to be on same site with family, but it wasn’t an ACSI Camping Card site. Consider joining ACSI.eu ..Camping Card as it pays for itself in reductions in a few nights. They quote 2adults, Electricity and showers generally less than €19, don’t know how much when there are children...some sites include children free. This year Ireland had 12 sites, it was 16 in 2017, all sites are €19 (except Apple Farm €15) (don’t take dogs)
ACSI Reduction only applies before first week in July after late August.
As mentioned above Aires are good too.
It is pity you can’t stay longer than 8 days as it takes a day beginning and end on ferry....and as mark&Wendy said costs the same...price goes up in higher season.
We did our first holidays of many holidays in France (car/Eurocamp tent) was when oldest was 6 (now 38), he was a Eurocamp courier when he was 20.

If going to and from France between June to Aug, on Irish Ferries or Stena you get a free trip to UK....after Aug. when you compare French crossing 17 hrs and cabin, it nearly costs that on 3.5 hr sailing, no cabin to UK.

just_manu
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Challenger
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #7
We went to France in our camper for the first time last September and couldn’t wait to return again this year in June. (2 weeks both times)
As others have said, try to go for as long as you can.
We stayed in one eurocamp last year and in our opinion Yelloh village sites ( the one we stayed in at least!) were superior. Needed sites for the 2 kids - 8 & 10. Take a look at their website.
We split our stays in the campsites with a few aire stays, one on arrival, a day or 2 in the middle then an aire close-ish to the ferry on the way home. It allowed us to get more of the real French experience rather than the campsites. Some really nice aires in some lovely French villages.
Travel wise, the first year we stayed around brittany, second year we ventured much further down to La Rochelle. Really nice area.
You’ll love it!

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.09.2018  ·  #8
yeah, la rochelle is lovely. We are heading for a couple of weeks, possibly start of july and heading hopefully as far as Conque, then back across to the coast and st jean de monts before returning home.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.09.2018  ·  #9
If you are bringing a bike, Ile de Re, the island off La Rochelle via toll bridge is great as cycle routes all over island off main road.
We liked Les Varennes, but there are Aires too.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.09.2018  ·  #10
https://www.camping-castels.co…B0QAvD_BwE
This is a campsite company that excel in kids entertainment. As its your first year, push the boat out a little. There should be locations etc on the site.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.