franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

France for 6 weeks

· 
Posted: 22.07.2018  ·  #1
Hi folks. Arrived last Wednesday. Crossing was very peaceful. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ship was not in bedlam. Due to new ship cancelled I expected Oscar Wilde to be really Wild!, but it was in my view quieter that other years. No problem getting seats to sit at windows etc.
Any way currently sitting in small aires in Broglie. Right in the village itself. Of course as this is Sunday nothing moving but weather has been georgeous. Cloudy starts to days but cracker as the sun gets through. 32 degrees in camper.
Hope it lasts
Regards
Franco

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: France for 6 weeks

· 
Posted: 22.07.2018  ·  #2
Quote by franco

Hi folks. Arrived last Wednesday. Crossing was very peaceful. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ship was not in bedlam. Due to new ship cancelled I expected Oscar Wilde to be really Wild!, but it was in my view quieter that other years. No problem getting seats to sit at windows etc.
Any way currently sitting in small aires in Broglie. Right in the village itself. Of course as this is Sunday nothing moving but weather has been georgeous. Cloudy starts to days but cracker as the sun gets through. 32 degrees in camper.
Hope it lasts
Regards
Franco

Lucky you and I hope you have a brilliant holliday.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2018  ·  #3
witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2018  ·  #4
Nice aire.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2018  ·  #5
Keep the up dates we’re hoping to go next year first trip abroad will be good to here your experiences

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.07.2018  ·  #6
In campsite in Alençon for next two days. Had intended to use the aire outside the campsite, but is very depilated, dirty and is apparently only a 2 hrs stop and no overnight. Still, needed a bit of space so, into campsite, BBQ out, awning out, and perfect peace. About €16 a night- paying €2:30 a night for mutt, (small Pugh)!! When I arrived in campsite it was nearly empty, but it rapidly filled up. I notice a lot of campsite/aires seems to be one night stops as if people are going south all the time. Normally I would expect caravans on campsites to sit for several days. Glorious weather.
Regards to all
Franco

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2018  ·  #7
Have a great time and keep the updates coming.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2018  ·  #8
We are currently in a small site about 8 km north of Saumur for tonight. It is only 25% full. The owner reckons that their business is bad at the moment because of France winning the world cup and most folks here blew all of their money on celebrating.
Malcolm

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2018  ·  #9
Following the Loire

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.07.2018  ·  #10
Have you ever been to visit Castle Breze in Saumur, very impressive.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2018  ·  #11
Yea, Done Saumur region several times. Love Saumur Champigny!! Tank museum is amazing. When we were there we ended up in a restricted (spare parts yard) of the museum by mistake for a short while. There were dozens of battle damaged/mutilated tanks etc there. The real brutality of battle could be seen, with iron hulks literally ripped apart.

So current position
Thurs, Moved on from Alencon to Mamers, (only 30 kms). Very nice aires there, about 3minutes from campsite. Space for 8 campers, but only us there. Costs €7:40 incl elects. Pity, grossly under used. About 5 minutes walk to town. Spent one night there and then spent 2 nights in campsite.
Sunday moved on to campsite in Beaumont sur Sarthe. (30 kms from Mamers). Very pleasant site and virtually in the town.
Intend spending 4 nights here.
Regards

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #12
Moving at leisurely pace deliberately, as the holiday is one for rest and more rest.
Thursday 2 August moved to an Etape aires site in St Saturnin. It was nicely set up for about 8 campers. One other camper arrived. €10:80 a night. Elects and water . Near small village, spent one night there.
Moved on Friday to campsite in Luché Prinzé. Stayed 3 nights. Very good site, free pool access , bar, and right in village.
Monday moved to campsite in La Flèche, a short journey away. Very active site, very clean. There is a aires in the town and it had 7 or 8 campers parked. We did not use it as we wanted the comfort of electrics and campers cannot park on market day, Tues/Wed.
Moved Thursday to St Jean Sur Mayenne. This is an aires from the “all the aires, France North” booklet. OPerfect little aires. It is a former campsite and now only allows campers to park. It has elects, showers, toilets and dishes wash-up facilities. Charge is €10:20 a night, collected around 8pm nightly. Filled up nightly to max of about 23 campers. So 2 nights here moving on tomorrow.
Flooding not impacting on our travels.
Regards
Franco

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2018  ·  #13
Moved on to campsite, De la Sélune in St Hilaire du Harcouët on Sat 11/8. Very nice campsite. Walking distance to biggish town. I produced the FFCC card and got 2 nights for €20 total, incl elects. This seems to be a special rate for campers on production of the card. ( no other campsite offered any reduction, even though I had the card)?.
Moved on Monday to Ste Mère Église, and here for last 4 days. Visited Utah Beach and of course Ste M É WWII attractions.
Moving on tomorrow to Vaast De Houge for several days, some in Aires, hopefully.
Very little rain here.
Franco

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.08.2018  ·  #14
Moved to Ste Mere Église, good aires there, (no elects) as meeting friends in Caravan we all ended up in Municipal campsite.
Site is very close to town, which has a trove of WW11 mementoes.
On 17th Aug moved to aires in St Vaast de Hoghue. Not very confortable, €8 a night, but no scope to even put out a chair. Met friends in adjacent campsite and stayed 2 nights there. 5 minutes from town centre.
Tuesday 21st Aug Moved on to Barfleur campsite “Le Blanche Nez”, managed to get an overflow pitch here. Very pleasant town. We have been here several times before and like to area.
Onwards to Cherbourg on Monday next for trip home. Very pleasant day here.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2018  ·  #15
sounds like a great trip Franco.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.