Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 17.06.2018  ·  #41
The irony here is that when Ryanair balls up things over the pilots leave, our minister of transport, Mr Shane Ross had a few critical things to say at the time. Ryanair's boss , Mr O Leary responded in kind to the criticism.
Roll on the clock on, some months later and Irish Ferries shoot their cash cow in the head. But where is the Minister? Actually did anyone here a muttering from a Mr Rothwell, irish Ferries, top man?
Maybe the pair are hidden away from us.
For anyone caught up in this mess, forward a copy of your correspondence to your local MEP, as I have heard that the European Commission is sniffing around this mess since it is spread around international borders.
Malcolm

Bettytheburstner
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.06.2018  ·  #42
Press release from Irish Ferries stated that all affected customers would get €150 voucher, in my eyes everybody on the booking is a customer so we should be getting that for each person

Robbie
Starline S680
My Motorhome: Hymer S680
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2018  ·  #43
I had an email reply today from them 're 150 euro voucher.

Hi Robbie,

The €150 voucher will be added to your online customer account after the current summer season and will be available to use on a booking with us in 2019.

roadrunner
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: self build from library bus
Base Vehicle: iveco 59 e 12 2.8 turbo iris bus
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2018  ·  #44
I find most of the ferry co here are charging well over the top to get of this muck pile.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.06.2018  ·  #45
We were on the Oscar Wilde from Cherbourg last night.
We always arrive about 2.5 hrs early, but lots there before us.
At 5pm our lane was first to move over to next holding area, the OW moved across from another berth when Brittany Ferries departed.
It took from 5 - 7 pm to load, and we are always one of last to go on as we request to go alongside the walkway as we only have one door and we don’t want to be enclosed, I also request lift. We were perfectly placed, worth the wait.
The ferry was an hour late leaving but in Rosslare at 11.30 exactly, we were off and on the road home 10 mins later.
I was surprised so many travelling on a Monday, not high season for returning from France,is this overflow from what should have been WB Yeats.?
An Irish family we met were going on the Episolon the previous day from Cherbourg.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #46
Quote by Mark&Wendy

I rang today, was answered almost immediately, and changed to the OW a day following my current booking. Looks like they are on top of things. Think I'll email customer services with a copy of my booking last August and request the €50, along with their good will gesture of the €150 voucher. I like the idea of striking while the irons hot. 👍

Due to pay my balance this week, so emailed again. Reply today to say that the €150 would be automatically applied to my account when next years sailings are released and they have also amended my current balance back to what it was last year. Still the extra drive to and from Roslare but a fair enough resolution.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.07.2018  ·  #47
I sailed with IF on Friday 13th and was due to go out on the the Ulysses, but it isnt running due to technical problems and they are running the Epsilon in its place, to say I was apprehensive is an understatement, as they had cancelled the earlier Epsilon sailing, so I was expecting everyone off it and a full Ulysses onto something a third of the size. However we turned up earlier than the normal last minute and asked at the ticket office about any chance of a cabin and they got one reserved onboard for me and gave me priority boarding! The ship was by no means full and while there were a lot less facilities I would go as far as to say it was cleaner and in better condition than the Ulysses was last year so all in all a comfortable journey.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2018  ·  #48
Has anyone had both legs of their journey affected by the WB Yeats fiasco and completed both legs already? Was the wine and chocolates a one off or did you get them both ways? Feeling a little disappointed that our cabin was bare this evening 😔

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2018  ·  #49
We travelled recently on the Oscar wilde to and from France. While we weren't caught in the wb yeats balls up, we met a good few folks who had been,on each trip.
Some did receive their chocolates and etc, but some didn't. After recommending a quick trip to deck 5 reception, the situation was fixed very quickly. Just bring your booking reference number.
Malcolm

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2018  ·  #50
My wife had a word earlier and was told it was a one time thing, some people may only have been affected on the return leg. The other possibility is that IF have no standardised business processes and do everything in a reactive, half assed manner. I could definitely believe that latter given their utter failure to resource their customer service line for the second wave of cancellations, given what they should have learned from the first.

vino
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: panel van conversion
Base Vehicle: citroen relay 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.08.2018  ·  #51
We traveled out and back on the O.W. after WB Yeats was cancelled, just got chocolates and wine on way out. Plenty of cars and motorhomes both ways but ship was very quiet at night (in bar ).

Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.08.2018  ·  #52
Quote by vino

We traveled out and back on the O.W. after WB Yeats was cancelled, just got chocolates and wine on way out. Plenty of cars and motorhomes both ways but ship was very quiet at night (in bar ).

Same here although we haven't sailed home yet.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.08.2018  ·  #53
I had an interesting conversation on the boat.

The first round of cancellations that were publicly announced were not the first cancellations.

There were some earlier cancellations where customers were contacted directly by Irish Ferries, offered an alternative sailing on the OW and a refund of the fare for the affected leg of the journey and a complimentary dinner in the full service restaurant on the rescheduled sailing.

I know both the person who told me this and the one person who they said received this deal, I've no reason to doubt anything about the story. It's not just a tale from a random punter at the bar.

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.10.2018  ·  #54
MickyMac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Giottiline T38
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.10.2018  ·  #55
Looks like the troubles for IF keep coming

https://www.shz.de/lokales/fle…38947.html

A cynical man might suggest that they wouldn't need to look too far to find the saboteur, seeing as there are no late fees to be paid by the boatyard while the matter is being investigated.

But not me. I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.10.2018  ·  #56
The matter of "sabotage " happen a few weks ago. Ferry engines are cooled by sea water. During a test run of the WB Yeats engines in the boatyard, one engine was starved of cooling water because someone either closed a valve or forgot to open the same valve in the preliminary checks.
While the engine suffered some overheating before it automatically shut down.
I believe that a full repair has been completed and open sea trials are starting this week.
In Germany, to determine corporate responsibility for a c**k up, the Police are commonly brought in to investigate the matter, before the presenting of a case to the parties involved.
Malcolm

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #57
Their problems continue. Oscar Wilde sailing to Cherbourg has been cancelled as has of course the return voyage due to ‘technical issues’.

Davy

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #58
Quote by Davy

Their problems continue. Oscar Wilde sailing to Cherbourg has been cancelled as has of course the return voyage due to ‘technical issues’.

Davy

Also, the sailing planned from Dublin on Thursday has been rescheduled to depart from Rosslare

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #59

The WB Yeats leaving its boat building dock last night to begin the sea trials.

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2018  ·  #60
Quote by Thorn123

The WB Yeats leaving its boat building dock last night to begin the sea trials.

She can be tracked on www.marinetraffic.com

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.