Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

Connemara/Galway

· 
Posted: 21.08.2018  ·  #1
Good day lads,

I'm looking at spending a few days around the Galway area, hoping to get around the Connemara Park but I've seen that they don't allow overnight parking in the park itself.

Any recommendations on wild camping spots around the area? I've been looking around google maps and it seems like there are signs all over the place and I know that they're there to spook you out but there's really no value on them but still, if you can recommend a spot where you have any experience, that'll be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Rami

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Connemara/Galway

· 
Posted: 21.08.2018  ·  #2
Sorry Im no help to you on this one,
What park are you thinking in connemara, whats the nearest town?

Did you cast your eye over the app?

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2018  ·  #3
I would recommend Leenane if you fancy some village life in Killary Harbour. Two car parks, no questions asked, nice views, a couple of pubs and restaurants.

Omey island on the mainland side looks like a really good spot if you want remoteness. Haven't parked there myself but its on the app.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.08.2018  ·  #4
Quote by The Rambler

I would recommend Leenane if you fancy some village life in Killary Harbour. Two car parks, no questions asked, nice views, a couple of pubs and restaurants.

Omey island on the mainland side looks like a really good spot if you want remoteness. Haven't parked there myself but its on the app.

Nice one, I'll check that out!

Yes, we definitely prefer remoteness/wilderness. Can do villages if necessary but we prefer to be in the middle of nowhere :)

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2019  ·  #5
Hi RTV, wondering how you got on in Connemara\Galway last summer. We have 5 nights planned, probably 2 in a campsite to use the service but we like remoteness and beaches for the dog. Just need to start and finish in Rossveal, as our son is doing his Day Skippers course. Any recommendations. Mark

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.