Iolar13
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Disney Land Paris

· 
Posted: 07.04.2017  ·  #1
Quick Question,

We are planning our trip to France for September and are hoping to stop over in Disneyland for a few days with our small one. My query is where to stay, I am reading that you are and are not allowed to overnight in the camper car park attached to the park. Has anyone been there recently as the only notes I can find are a few years old. been on hold too long on phone to ask them directly.

Thanks in advance.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

Re: Disney Land Paris

· 
Posted: 07.04.2017  ·  #2
killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.04.2017  ·  #3
I looked into it a lot last year - and it worked out to get the annual pass as the parking was covered, so you had your costs back in the first trip!

Hessy Hymer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1992 Hymer B534
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.04.2017  ·  #4
MWC had loads of discussion and threads on this topic in the previous layout - anyhow = we stayed in the Cars hotel, free parking got passes, too much food that was possible to digest, LOVED it. Hotel was a motel standard accommodation but 4* grub / 5* prices and 7* alcohol costs. Handy to have a fridge stacked outside the apartment:-)

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2017  ·  #5
We stayed there at Easter and spent 5 nights in the motorhome parking area. We bought the annual passes so didn't have to pay (had pre-ordered the temporary passes so didn't even have to pay for the first night). There are toilets and showers but if you're spending all day in the parks you won't need EHU (there is none anyway!).

Regarding the annual passes, these have changed since the 25th anniversary in march of this year- they are substantially more expensive with less benefits. Also if you're staying in the Disney hotels, breakfast is no longer free, so might be be worth looking at one of the non-Disney hotels such as Explorers (excellent hotel with swimming pool, play area, all rooms have fridge, kettle etc).

mickcork
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Fiat Ducato Pilote
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2017  ·  #6
Hi,

We did the park 2 with our annual passes both easter and halloween last year and have to say it was brilliant.

In order for the annual passes to be cost effective you would need to be planning at least 2 trips during the period or a longer stay. From the website I see the carpark is now €40 per day to stay. Be sure that you review the validity period for your dates so your passes can be used for those dates.

The MH carpark is perfectly fine we stayed there for nearly a week last time, plenty of water taps accessible but make sure you bring hose adapters to fit over them otherwise you will be filling bottles or buckets.

Enjoy...

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #7
How do the carpark charges work, is it per calendar day or 24h period? If we rock up before closing the night before, will we be stung for €40 X 2?

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #8
It is per day, strictly speaking up to the close of the park that day plus 1 hour. As you are allowed to park overnight in the Motorhome area the first day ticket (displayed in your windscreen) covers you up till opening time the next day.

You are supposed to then go to one of the booths to purchase a further ticket if you wish to stay the following day. They do check and put notices on windscreens reminding you to buy a further ticket.

Many people ‘forget’ to get the second days ticket and just leave the second evening.

Search web for “Disney Paris overnight parking”. Many comments available.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #9
So it's set up for payment on entry with no barriers on exit? Not sure that would ever work in Ireland.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #10
Quote by <BM>

So it's set up for payment on entry with no barriers on exit? Not sure that would ever work in Ireland.

That’s how it was in 2016, doubt it has changed since as it has been like that for years.

You pay at a ‘tool booth’ style station along with all the other traffic on the approach. It is then about 500m to the MH parking area. Well signed and the first area on your right as you enter the massive parking area. Only downside is, it is the furthest parking area from the park entrance, probably a 15min walk.

There is a service building in the opposite corner of the MH parking area to where you enter from the toll booth. Intended for bus drivers but everyone uses it, has toilets and showers. This is also where the ticket booth is for further day tickets.

Water and dump areas are beside the service building, some on the other side of the hedge in the coach area.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #11
Quote by <BM>

A good few aires in France work on the same principle. Upon saying this, I suspect that there is a very early morning inspection on windscreen tickets.
Malcolm

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #12

I suspect that there is a very early morning inspection on windscreen tickets.

We stayed for 3 nights this time last year and this happens every day at sometime before lunchtime.
A notice is placed under the wiper reminding you to go to the ticket office on the way in to the theme park and purchase another day if you plan to stay.

Although no further action than this is taken and it's very much a conscience decision as to whether you pay or not.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2018  ·  #13
We stayed two nights doing just one day in the park, Monday and Tuesday but notionally the busiest (most expensive) week of the year. I was asked at the toll booth on arrival, how many nights? I said one and paid €40 because I wasn't sure yet how the day in the park would go with 3 boys aged 9, 8 and 5.

We got into the park about 9:50am, clearly not strict on 10am opening. Straight to Big Thunder Mountain, queues looked trivial so straight into the queue but the 10:10am fastpass would probably still have got us on marginally quicker. We used a fast pass for another run a little later and for Peter Pan, Hyperspace Mountain (just me with 9&8 yo), and the Star Wars simulator.

We queues long for Pirates of the Caribbean but other than that tried to go to the short queues. Took 40 minutes or so to go to McDonald's in Disney Village for lunch and about the same for Captain America's just before the fireworks at 11pm so all told about 14 hours of a day after which we were fit for nothing but sleep so we stayed another night. There was no note on the windscreen either morning, could be the campingcar carpark wasn't very full. We did have external silver screens up but I did my best to make the ticket visible morning one, morning two we moved to service area around 9:45am but parked up for another 45 minutes to get coffee and Lego from the Disney Village and again no note.

Exiting was a case of following the road, no barriers or checks. €40 was worth it for the 2 nights moreso for what it allowed us do in one day at the park than the existence of any worthwhile facilities at the parking.

We stopped to meet friends at Ile de Loisirs in Cergy-Pontroison Pontoise after leaving Disney whicy is a great way to while away day near Paris and would be on my list of must do near Paris if only they have an Aire or even allowed overnight parking in the facility they've already got.

The silver lining was we discovered a gem of a stop at Pont de l'Arche, a stone's throw from the A13 J20, even though the Aire was full and the Municipal Campsite just closed, the attendant at the Campsite directed us to on street parking where we could overnight.

We walked through the wonderful medieval town this morning, stopping for coffee for the grown ups and juice for the boys, bread and pastries in the Boulangerie, as well as fruit and nuts in a greengrocer (small town Ireland take note).

My wife was taken by a couple of items in a little boutique but took some comfort it the fact they were too big rather than too small when they weren't in her size.

I highly recommend this as a spot to stop between Cherbourg and Paris if anyone ever needs such a stop.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.