Edgar
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Chausson
Base Vehicle: Ford
Subject:

Destination Interlaken

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #1
Heading to Interlaken any suggestions as to places to visit on the way or there. Stopping at Mulhouse for the museum as it’s obligatory anything from there on would be great T.I.A. Edd

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Re: Destination Interlaken

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #2
I quite fancied this.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Destination Interlaken

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #3
Quote by spatuladad123

I quite fancied this.

That's some set up. :up:

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #4
Last spring we done a few days in the Grindelwald area of Switzerland. While we flew into Zurich and then used trains to wards Bern, and then onto Interlacken, a beautiful scenic route along side lakes and rivers with the stunning swiss peaks all around you.
In Interlacken , we switched onto the Grindelwald line and rose to over 1200 m.
The roads ran mostly along the railway tracks, and seem to be of good quality and be easily navigated by a mh.
Grindelwald is the gateway to 2 attractions, non skiing related.
First there is the Jungfraujoch weather observatary, located at 4150 m. This is only accessible by train. When we were there in February it was minus 17°c in the afternoon, hence why it is one of Europe's highest glacier.
Secondly there is the Grindelwald sky cliff walk, which is located on the other side of valley in the ski area.
Since we had a 10 and 12 year old with us, we took the ski lifts up to sky walk, done the walk, had the hot ports before hoofing it back down the mountain.
Switzerland has a great network of Tourism offices in which you can book all your activities, train and bus transfers, etc. There is a deal where you can buy a discount card, called a swiss card, and receive up to 50% discounts off stufff. Over our 5 days trip we saved about 25% on activities.
Obviously you are travelling with no snow, but I reckon that it is still a beautiful part of Switzerland.
I am lead to believe that upon arrival at the swiss border, a motorist is hit with a hefty toll bill (€200) in order to use the swiss roads. I may be wrong, but someone else may correct me.
Enjoy your trip.
Malcolm.

Edgar
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Chausson
Base Vehicle: Ford
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #5
Thanks guys realy fancy that sky walk but will definitely have to go myself or drug the boss really looks great .will have to look into the discount card Malcolm and the vingnette at the border is about £30 + I hope lol Edd

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #6
The Swiss vignette valid for the period Dec to Jan (14 months) is CHF 40 (about £32). It is required only for motorways and expressways for cars and motor homes under 3500kg.

However if your MH is above 3500kg you require a ‘HGV’ permit to take your MH into Switzerland. It can be bought on a per day basis for each day your MH is in Switzerland whether driven or not. The minimum is CHF 25 which gives you 7 consecutive days. The best deal is a 10day permit which you can use on any 10 days over a 12 month period. It costs CHF 32.50.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #7
Thanks for clearing up about the swiss vignette.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.