hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

M50 toll charge

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #1
Hi all just received a toll charge for non payment on the m50 even tho we did pay it on our way home this was in May anyone ever get this and did you pay it

Subject:

Re: M50 toll charge

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #2
I have heard of this before. Hopefully you have your receipt which you can photograph and send to them as proof.

I had an occasion a few years ago where the guy in Apple green put one digit wrong on my receipt. I got him to change it and he wasn't happy. After that I always checked and kept my receipts.
We now have an online account.

Hady
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hymer B588 DL
Base Vehicle: 2.3l Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #3
I just got a toll charge request today for a journey in April which I knew I had paid, unfortunately I hadn’t the receipt but I rang up and the guy confirmed it had been paid. Hady

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #4
As it was in May I wouldn’t have the receipt,but it was in an apple green station coming up from cork ,it’s only for €6.00 so I’ll pay it and make sure I keep the name of the station as well

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

M50 toll charge

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #5
Quote by hillton9

As it was in May I wouldn’t have the receipt,but it was in an apple green station coming up from cork ,it’s only for €6.00 so I’ll pay it and make sure I keep the name of the station as well

Be careful, check with the M50 toll people, that the charge is from them. since it refers to a bill that should have been paid in May, I would have expected them to be looking for a lot more than 6 euro now, I would think there should be penalties on that at this stage.

aria
My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 150
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #6
Any chance you have the wrong reg? I gave the car instead of the van one time; phoned them up and sorted it once they saw the other reg paid but didn’t use it.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #7
Quote by hillton9

Well lads , I smell a rat on this one. Just checked out the late penalties charges.

https://www.eflow.ie/help-guid…/index.xml
Malcolm

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #8
Yes I got one last year, I think it was about one month after I passed through the toll.I paid for a return trip and was assured I would be covered,and I was told by the shop to keep the receipt just in case,Needless to say I also got a 6 euro fine,which included a photograph of the van,I also paid it so as to avoid any hassle .

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #9
Best just to pay online or with the M50 quick pay app in future as you will always have proof then.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

M50 toll charge

· 
Posted: 11.08.2018  ·  #10
Quote by Thorn123

Quote by hillton9

As it was in May I wouldn’t have the receipt, but it was in an apple green station coming up from cork, it’s only for €6.00 so I’ll pay it and make sure I keep the name of the station as well

Well, lads , I smell a rat on this one. Just checked out the late penalties charges.

https://www.eflow.ie/help-guid…/index.xml
Malcolm

That is exactly why I advised Robert to get in touch with the M50 people before making any payment, I'm sure just like you I would love to be proved wrong and they are only looking for 6 euro even if he has paid it.

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #11
I got fed up trying to remember to pay this by 8pm the next day, so in 2016 I set up a Video account on the eflow.ie website. We used the M50 twice in the last 10 days and I have just checked and both trips are showing on my statement at €2.60 each. Eflow take the balance payment once a month from my credit card. Also, unlike the tag scheme there is no charge for having this account. I just wish I could pay all the other motorway tolls with the same system but apparently the M50 is unique in this type of payment.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #12
Thanks for the info John , all the other tolls are cash , Vans can't go through the express lane

davidrory

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #13
Please be aware that toll tags on camper-vans are potentially a pain in the butt.
I had one and had to give it up because all the tolls except the M50 kept changing my class to commercial 3.5tonne.
They do not have number plate recognition so it does not matter how your van is registered.
If it looks even a bit like a van, rather than obviously a coach-built motor-home, then they change the fee after you have passed - so even if the screen at the toll says the correct 1.90 your bill will show 3.60.

Now I pay cash at all tolls but have a video account with eflow for the M50 and that's works well.

When I challenged this changing of class with the Government department I was told: "The lower fee for camper-vans and motor homes is voluntary by the toll operators, so there was nothing they could or would do to stop them changing bills retrospectively.
At that point I thought: too much fuss from us MH types and the toll operators might just scrap the 1.90 charge and make it 3.60.

It's not much bother to pay cash since we can't use the fast lanes anyway due to height restrictions.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #14
I’ve a little Renault megavan commercial...... charged the high rate as its commercial !....

All our vehicles are registered with www.eflow.ie and it automatically charges us at the end of the month, and at a discounted rate for being registered. Our motorhome is 3500kg and 3.2m high and always charged as a car.
The www.eflow.ie website is good as you can just forget about paying the m50 toll and it’s debited at the end of the month after you receive an invoice by email.

Reccomended service, it never leaves you with unpaid tolls and anyone can register, with an Irish/NI/UK/European registrated vehicle.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #15
Quote by JJF

I’ve a little Renault megavan commercial...... charged the high rate as its commercial !....

All our vehicles are registered with www.eflow.ie and it automatically charges us at the end of the month, and at a discounted rate for being registered. Our motorhome is 3500kg and 3.2m high and always charged as a car.
The www.eflow.ie website is good as you can just forget about paying the m50 toll and it’s debited at the end of the month after you receive an invoice by email.

Reccomended service, it never leaves you with unpaid tolls and anyone can register, with an Irish/NI/UK/European registrated vehicle.

Also, if you're ever in a bit of bother after forgetting to pay a toll, ring them up and ask if they can waive the penalties if you open an account (video or tag), the answer is almost always yes.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2018  ·  #16
We payed it toll online and within 5 mins we got a printable receipt with case no ,transaction no ,amount ,date , and a statement saying what it will say on our bank statement,they also give you details of their bank ,account no ,sort code and reference to which the money is payed into ,so I don’t beleave this is a scam

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

M50 toll charge

· 
Posted: 13.08.2018  ·  #17
Quote by hillton9

We payed it toll online and within 5 mins we got a printable receipt with case no ,transaction no ,amount ,date , and a statement saying what it will say on our bank statement,they also give you details of their bank ,account no ,sort code and reference to which the money is payed into ,so I don’t beleave this is a scam

With all that information given out then I would defiantly close all my bank account's .maybe I am paranoia but it doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there to steel my money .

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.08.2018  ·  #18
Not a scam this is how eflow contact you I’ve had emails back and forwRd with them ,I found the service station that I payed the toll charge into on the m 11 near greystones an apple green station I also give them the date in which we called at the station so there going to look into why my toll wasn’t payed

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2019  ·  #19
I’ve been caught by this now. I paid my return M50 toll for the car in July at an Applegreen at Castlebellingham and got a fine today. I double checked the receipt at the time as the cashier asked me to. The receipt is long gone now but I will try to ring them to sort it out. I was double charged at the Drogheda toll as I put the cash in and the barrier did not lift and had no choice but to pay again.

In future I will pay using the M50 app for a digital receipt and pay cashiers in cash if possible. Not much point in me getting a tag as I am rarely on the M50.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.09.2019  ·  #20
Log on to Eflow.ie and register a video account.... no need for tag Gavin. Ideal for low volume usage of the M50.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #21
Absolutely agree with jjf.
Get the video account for M50.
There is about 20 or 30 euro tied up in your balance but a simple phone call after you registration number has changed ownership and your new registration can be added to your account.
Equally you can cancel your account and receive a reimbursement of your balance

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2019  ·  #22
Agree. I have 4 registrations linked to my account and I can change them online as we change cars. It’s set up to debit money from a Halifax Clarity card, so no transaction fees either. It’s also cheaper then paying daily. Only problem, and it happened twice, was being charged the commercial rate for the MH. Sorted with an email and now told it shouldn’t happen again.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.