Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Re: South of France yesterday

· 
Posted: 02.08.2018  ·  #2
Hopefully it will be a bit cooler next month. Counting the days.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2018  ·  #3
Seen that on the news this morning Portugal touching 48/49 😓

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

South of France yesterday

· 
Posted: 02.08.2018  ·  #4
Quote by nipper

My friend sent me a screen shot of his motorhome dash yesterday

He says the roads are melting.

Oh boy!!

I'm glad I'm in Ireland.

kevinmoore
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Benimar 494 Tessoro
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2018  ·  #5
We can’t complain really can we! 😓🌞🌞

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2018  ·  #6
32°c just south of Tours today with a nice breeze, which burnt like hell.
Our current site is a semi forest which gives good pockets of shade but the side affect at night is that the oak trees shed their acorns which give the roof a nice crack when they land.
Tomorrow is our last day here, before we wander back to Cherbourg for Tuesday's sailing home.
We experienced 38 °c last week near Samaur which was heavy going.
Malcolm

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2018  ·  #7
I'm glad we went earlier in the season, Moulins has a lovely Municipal Aire @10c /h the downside was it was 33°C when we were there and everyone was getting short with each other, the only thing that made it bearable was a swim a 9pm in the river Allier next to the Aire.
Stay safe in that heat, in the shade and plenty of water. Also don't be shy about salt on food, you will lose a lot as you sweat and it needs to be replaced.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2018  ·  #8
Quote by Thorn123

32°c just south of Tours today with a nice breeze, which burnt like hell.
Our current site is a semi forest which gives good pockets of shade but the side affect at night is that the oak trees shed their acorns which give the roof a nice crack when they land.
Tomorrow is our last day here, before we wander back to Cherbourg for Tuesday's sailing home.
We experienced 38 °c last week near Samaur which was heavy going.
Malcolm

Some temperatures there Malcolm, Just wondering what everyone that don't have air condition doing to keep their Motorhomes cool? My son toured Australia for three months last year in a small van conversion camper, he said it was absolutely unbearable until he bought a 18v milwakee Fan, he used the Batteries out of his Milwakee work tool kit and charged them up with an inverter. he brought the fan home when he returned a few months ago and we used it in the workshop during the warm weather and it was fantastic. I am thinking of bringing it to France when we are going but knowing my luck it will probably snow.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #9
Only getting back to this post now.
Before we left, my wife threw in a standard desk fan which was about a foot in diameter. It only pulled 35 watt on it's highest speed which was perfect for a few hours every evening on the inverter.
A good bit of our trip was using aires, but we were off the beaten track a good bit.
This allows us to stop in the smaller towns with public swimming pools on the really hot afternoons . The pools were between €7 to €14 for a family ticket with no time limit.
Our under counter fridge was under pressure, but a Dutch guy gave us a great tip.
Firstly on the top vent of the fridge, there is a small section to one side, about 3"×6" which covers the gas exhaust, pop this off. It's function is to stop rain water from getting into the gas exhaust. This allowed the hot gas exhaust to escape easier.
The second suggestion was to unscrew the plastic locking clip and remove the entire top vent, but this can only be done for parking not driving.
With the vent gone the fridge worked nearly normal.
Malcolm
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2018  ·  #10
Quote by Thorn123

Only getting back to this post now.
Before we left, my wife threw in a standard desk fan which was about a foot in diameter. It only pulled 35 watt on it's highest speed which was perfect for a few hours every evening on the inverter.
A good bit of our trip was using aires, but we were off the beaten track a good bit.
This allows us to stop in the smaller towns with public swimming pools on the really hot afternoons . The pools were between €7 to €14 for a family ticket with no time limit.
Our under counter fridge was under pressure, but a Dutch guy gave us a great tip.
Firstly on the top vent of the fridge, there is a small section to one side, about 3"×6" which covers the gas exhaust, pop this off. It's function is to stop rain water from getting into the gas exhaust. This allowed the hot gas exhaust to escape easier.
The second suggestion was to unscrew the plastic locking clip and remove the entire top vent, but this can only be done for parking not driving.
With the vent gone the fridge worked nearly normal.
Malcolm

I think you would want to put back on that rain cover again if you are in the south of France 😨

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.