Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Stereo Problem

· 
Posted: 30.07.2018  ·  #1
I have one of those all dancing all singing do everything units. It works fine, dab radio, cd, dvd, Bluetooth music from my phone, hands free, sat nav, rear view camera, ah but, according to Rapido I should be able to hear anyone giving me directions via the built in mic in the camera, but I don't, not a dickie bird. I have been through all the settings and have it taken out to see if there is anything I can do but so far nothing. Ruairi, at LTS is trying to find out something but so far no success. So if anyone here has an idea I would be eternally grateful. I don't particularly need to hear someone speaking to me from the back of the van, but the way I see it is, I've paid for it so it should work.
Pictures attached to assist anyone with a knowledge of wires.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Stereo Problem

· 
Posted: 30.07.2018  ·  #2
Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2018  ·  #3
Think the yellow wire could be used to reverse the picture, ie if using the camera as a rear view mirror instead of a reversing camera.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2018  ·  #4
I don't want to be captain obvious here but that yellow wire should be connected to an audio input on your stereo. Does that cable ends on a RCA terminal?

How is the camera connecting to the stereo, is it a proprietary plug or RCA? RCA video feed would normally have either two or three cables depending on if it's mono or stereo audio, if you have your video connected, the remaining cable is definitely audio. On your stereo everything should be separated by different channels/inputs so just look for your audio in on the same channel/input.

But again, not too clear if you have a specific plug or not for it.

Stoney
Just doing it!
My Motorhome: LeVoyageur
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2018  ·  #5
Hi Michael, can't see that there is a dedicated audio input for your reversing camera. You could try connecting the RCA plug (Red One) to the other audio sockets (red or white) in turn and see if it works for you. I have my doubts, but you never know your luck.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2018  ·  #6
There is no plug on the yellow wire and the other end disappears into the little black sealed connector in the photo and then to the camera in a sealed cable. I don't like just sticking wires in anywhere, its an expensive piece of kit and I don't want to blow it up.

Stoney
Just doing it!
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #7
Quote by Floorman

I have one of those all dancing all singing do everything units. It works fine, dab radio, cd, dvd, Bluetooth music from my phone, hands free, sat nav, rear view camera, ah but, according to Rapido I should be able to hear anyone giving me directions via the built in mic in the camera, but I don't, not a dickie bird. I have been through all the settings and have it taken out to see if there is anything I can do but so far nothing. Ruairi, at LTS is trying to find out something but so far no success. So if anyone here has an idea I would be eternally grateful. I don't particularly need to hear someone speaking to me from the back of the van, but the way I see it is, I've paid for it so it should work.
Pictures attached to assist anyone with a knowledge of wires.

I have a Pioneer AVH-X8700 and the connections on the rear are very similar to yours. There is no dedicated audio input connection for the rear view camera on my radio and I can't see one on yours either.

You can do a simple test by just selecting reverse and checking if the sound from your radio, i.e radio station playing, mutes. If it does mute, then your unit has switched to another channel, and is looking for sound input from that source, i.e. rear view camera. Otherwise, if the radio channel continues to be heard, when reverse is selected, then you do not have the facility for sound input from your camera.

I had a quick look at the installation instructions for your unit and I can't see any reference to audio input for the rear view camera.

The yellow wire that you asked about does not appear to be required in your setup but it would be helpful if you had the manual for the camera for further information.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #8
As Stoney said, Make and Model of camera would help us a lot.
In the mean time I found these, there is provision for a external mic to be added to the system, second photo although I think it has to do with the Bluetooth function.

Stoney
Just doing it!
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #9
The microphone is for use with your phone (Handsfree) while making, or receiving, calls. The rear view camera connection shown in the illustration, as I said previously, does not show an audio connection.

I think you will just have to suffer in silence.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #10
Thanks again for all this help.
The camera I have is a Waeco Perfect view Cam 50c which has a mic to the rear of it next the van. Rapido state clearly that their "Select Pack" which I have, includes, among other items, a rear view camera with sound. Which I haven't.
Why would they fit what is probably a more expensive camera if they didn't intend it to work?
The mystery deepens.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.