Awning LED Strip Lights

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Awning LED Strip Lights

· 
Posted: 30.07.2018  ·  #1
I've seen a few photos of people mounting lights under their awnings and thought I'd give it a shot so have ordered these from Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…4c4dE0H3Y2

They don't look bad for $13 and I'll report back when they arrive and I mount them (could be 2 months judging by the last thing I ordered).

This is the effect I'm going for except they won't be a continuous line and will be a warmer white.

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

Re: Awning LED Strip Lights

· 
Posted: 31.07.2018  ·  #2
I watched a few youtube videos on installing these. Some fitted down the folding arms as well and some run the cable only down the arms and put the strip right out on the outer pelmet.

I got a little addicted and bought loads of these a few years ago, I bought every colour, but not on the buy-it-now link, tried to snipe them in auctions some as little as £2 :)

Ended up using them in our house, in the kitchen under the plinth.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #3
Yeah, those strips are pretty good actually. They can be a bit power hungry though but the light from them is good!

I use them in my kitchen at home also.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #4
I have them under the worktop in the camper came with a remote control something like 20 different colour settings only down side the tv remote can turn them on and of 😄⚡

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #5
Yes I have already converted some halogen bulbs to LED SMD strips at 3500k temperature. Over the sink were 3 x 15w halogens and these have been replaced with about 9w of LED 3528 SMD strips. Likewise with the bathroom sink light. 45w replaced with about 15w.

Next I'm replacing the 5 x18w fluorescent tubes in the dining area and bedroom. Here I'm going with 5050 LED SMD at 4000k temperature.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.