AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Lake Constance (Bodensee)

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #1
Ferry booked to Cherbourg for 2.5 weeks in July/August.

We'd like to spend at least a week in Germany and we're considering basing ourselves around Lake Constance.

We'd like a mixture of campsites with good water parks for the children (10, 9 and 6) and also aires/stellplätze for when we're site-seeing.

Anyone done this trip before and have you any recommendations?

(I've tried searching but any threads are quite old).

Thanks.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

Re: Lake Constance (Bodensee)

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #2
You could consider Hegi Family Camping in Tengen, less than an hour from Lake Constance. It is probably five years since we were there. It is a big, well laid out sunny site located in a pleasant area just outside (0.5 km) a small village. The site facilities are very good with a large pond/small lake and a well equipped indoor pool with solarium, indoor/outdoor play areas and 'farmyard'. Mainly touring vans, some seasonal vans and a few chalets. Quiet area. Sanitary facilities very clean.
Likely to be expensive, guess €40+.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #3
Just had a look at their website. Cost for 2 adults plus 3 children (age 4 - 15) plus EHU looks like €61.20 per night

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #4
Thanks for that Kabundi. We're used to paying close to that in France anyway and don't mind if it's a good recommended site as it will only be for a few nights and we'll be using aires as well.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #5
Never done it in the van, however we be in Friedrichstraven each year in May and stay in the town of Hagnau Am Bodensee. It’s just north of Friedrichstraven right on Lake Constance, it is a stunning area and we’re definately going to take an extended tour there in the van. I visited quite a large site there this year, it’s called camping-kirchberg, click HERE, it’s right on the lake with it’s own marina. Large well equipped site with everything you would need.
It’s a haven for cycling and the smaller towns on the lake are beautiful and Friedrichstraven itself is a typical large cosmopolitan Germanic town.........
I think a tour around the lake via Austria/Switzerland/Lichtenstein/Germany would be a great sightseeing trip.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #6
Only been once in the Mh in august and it was packed and i really mean packed.
Some of the stellplatz around were excellent though

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #7
Stellaplatz in May

Davidod
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Itineo FB650
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X250
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2018  ·  #8
We did most of the Lake Constance (Bodensee) in 2014 and it is still one our most memorable trips. We used Stellplatz and the occasional municipal sites and absolutely no issues in finding a location for the night.

We joined the area at the town of Konstanz as the island of Mainau isn't too far up the road. Mainau (otherwise known as Flower Island) is; I think a must do for any trip to the region. Well worth checking out on YouTube as it would not be possible to do it justice in words. Andre Rieu did a concert from there a few years back.

We took the ferry across to Meersburg and started down the far side. The Zeppelin factory museum in Friedrishshafen might be worth you while checking out; we liked it. Lindow at he bottom is a stunningly beautiful area. There are two cheap and basic campsites within walking distance of the town.

All in all it is a stunning area and you won't be disappointed. Well worth the drive. And as Witzend has suggested you might consider Speyer Museum on the way over - that's a whole day gone on its own mind you.

Enjoy the trip.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.