Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Geist
Base Vehicle: Transit
Subject:

2010 Hyundai i10 Tow Car. Smart-Tow

· 
Posted: 22.06.2018  ·  #1
I have heard all the arguments about legalities of a tow car etc.
My understanding of it is this, when being towed the car is no longer a car and becomes a trailer instead. Trailers over 750KG legally require their own braking system, which operates on their wheels to comply with the law.

Smart-Tow have develloped a system which energises the brakes on the tow car and when needed, the car brakes operate. They are not operating on a dead pedal like other systems.

This system is in excess of £2000 to have installed. Plenty of information and some videos here on their website:-
http://www.smart-tow.com

My Hyundai i10 was first registered in 2010. It is the Comfort model, 80bhp, 5 speed, 5 door, 4 X electric windows, ABS, ice cold aircon, Remote central locking. The car has only covered 20800 miles. It has had 4 new all season tyres fitted within the last couple of hundred miles, returns almost 50mpg and is only £30 a year to tax. Major service carried out 1000 miles ago. The car needs nothing.

We have towed the car from Belfast to Co Clare and also taken it to France. Apart from those 2 trips it hasn't been used by us for motorhoming and is therefore the family runabout, which has been used daily for school runs and to take the wife her 2 mile commute to work.

I'm going to put it up here at £4000 firm first. If it doesn't sell here it will then be advertised nationally, but the price will be £4750.....

Cherished number plate not included in the sale, she will revert to the IIG number as in some of the images

Car is located in County Antrim. It is in great condition and reflects the mere 20,000 miles.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: 2010 Hyundai i10 Tow Car. Smart-Tow

· 
Posted: 22.06.2018  ·  #2
A great looking job, Stevie.
There is alot of good value in your sale.
Best of luck.
Malcolm

Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.06.2018  ·  #3
Thanks Malcolm. The wife and kids are becoming car snobs and want something a bit more upmarket for the school run.

I've started to dabble in the Japanese car auctions and need to fund my habit!

Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2018  ·  #4
This has been on eBay and Gumtree for about a month without a single call.

I am so glad it didn't sell.

I had my Motorhome and the tow car booked on the Ferry to Scotland for a weeks holiday in Glencoe mid July. I broke a couple of ribs and a finger before putting this advert.

My nephew, who lives in the Highlands offered to lend me a vehicle to save me the discomfort of having to deal with the hitching of the car. I therefore thought I would not be needing the car again after this summer and therefore stuck it up for sale.

Much as I love the motorhome, I get bored easily and my family are not the most active. I couldn't have survived without a second mode of transport for the 4 of us. So the wee Hyundai might be a bit basic as a second car in the family. But it is worth its weight in gold.

I would miss it on holiday, even if it only gets towed once a year.

😊😊😊. I'm happy to say it is no longer for sale, unless someone wants to offer twice the original asking price 😊😊😊

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.