Itineo Motorhomes

Subject:

Itineo Motorhomes

· 
Posted: 20.09.2011  ·  #1
We came across a brand of motorhome in France this year. We had never seen them before but they look great.

The brand is http://www.itineo.com/
Has anyone any knowledge of them?

Looks like they are part of the Rapido group.

Leisure Tech Solutions
Craic'er
Homepage: leisuretechnicalso…
Subject:

Re: Itineo Motorhomes

· 
Posted: 21.09.2011  ·  #2
Yeah have seen them a couple of years ago at the Dublin RDS, they where brought in by a guy in galway as far as i can remember, Under the rapido group they are an entry/budget level range,, tho not much experience of them, some of the extereior paneling looks light and fragile, would say the interal quality is fairly good.. they do them in A-classes dont they? still wonder what price they are for entry level A class??

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.09.2011  ·  #3
I only saw A class in them.

Can't find a price list in UK or Ireland for them.

Didn't get a good look at them in France but if the exterior panels are light I might not bother.
Sticking with the Kanus for now....

Leisure Tech Solutions
Craic'er
Homepage: leisuretechnicalso…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.09.2011  ·  #4
Here they are makin a come back, didnt know they went away, tho was talking yesterday with someone and they said they are building them on the fiat..

did you check glaway campers, or was that a dodge ball;-)

Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.09.2011  ·  #5
Yes I did look at Galwaycampers.

The have a link to the Itineo site but they must think I cannot find a manufacturers site by myself.

Would be much better if they had a price list.

It would make you dizzy going round in circles like this.

http://www.galwaycampers.com/n…d6a1113d1a

Davidod
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Itineo FB650
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X250
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.10.2011  ·  #6
[quote="mark"][We came across a brand of motorhome in France this year. We had never seen them before but they look great.]

As a very happy owner of an Itineo Motorhome I highly recommend them.

Very happy to give any further info if you want it. We bought one new in March 2010 and have since covered over 15,000 KMs

Dave

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.10.2011  ·  #7
Thanks Dave.

Might be in touch about this.
I am not allowed to change this year but you never know.

Did you buy LHD or do they make RHD to order?

Davidod
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.10.2011  ·  #8
Hi Mark,

I bought LHD by preference. My thinking was that we were hoping to do a fair bit of continental travelling and as the driver would be on the 'wrong' side for either home or away then I would prefer to on the wrong side at home rather than away. All three previous vans were LHD on this basis and I'm still happy that for me it was the right way to go. It took no time at all getting used to driving it here.

There are new Itineo agents in The UK. For the life of me I can't recall their name at the moment. The old agents were Midgly - or something very like that. You'll get the name on the Itineo website anyway. UK supplied are of course RHD.

Apart from a Practical Motorhome review that I read I also spoke to a few owners before firming up on the van. There was not one descenting voice, all were extremely happy with their van. I would have to say that after 18 months I could only agree. A superb van. It is part of the Rapido group and much of the inside is common with a Rapido design of the same layout and is outstanding value for money.

Glad to help you further or send you pics if you feel it might help the case.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.10.2011  ·  #9
Thanks Dave

I know what you mean about the LHD thing. Never been a problem for me either way.

I think I would be looking at a TB 690 if at all.
Not sure if we will be changing at all in the next while.

The problem is, I cannot find a price list for them

Davidod
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.10.2011  ·  #10
The current MMM quotes a price for TB 740 (6 berth & 4 seat belts) at STG £51,720.

There were a number of new vans introduced for 2010. The van that I went looking for (FB 650) was actually reduced in size from 6.9 meters to 6.5 meters. It is most likely this change is part of that overhaul.

I did an outstanding deal at the the Recreational Vehicle Show in Le Bourget. I got a load of extras including automatic satellite dish, fly screen, carpets, cab air conditioning, electric mirrors, long internal mirror, entry step, entry grip handle - all for still less than the quoted list price.

I paid €44,000 in France and then I had to pay the local VAT on entry back home. The quoted retail price was €52,500 at the time.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.