Bray Air Show

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Bray Air Show

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #1
Is there anywhere to park up and see the Bray Air show from the van?

I was thinking of driving down Saturday night, parking somewhere overnight and then watch the show with the kids. Relax until the traffic is gone on the Sunday evening.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Bray Air Show

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #2
Quote by essjay

Is there anywhere to park up and see the Bray Air show from the van?

I was thinking of driving down Saturday night, parking somewhere overnight and then watch the show with the kids. Relax until the traffic is gone on the Sunday evening.

What about Greystones sea front,then go in on the Dart. or walk in over the cliff walk (about 1hr) a lot of people just go in about 1/2way and sit along the walk and have the picnic.,unfortunately with the fire last weekend the whole head is blackened with fire damage. there is a great view from Raheen Park, Newcourt, Bray, Co. Wicklow it has a barrier, it might be worth while checking out if it was open on the way pass, but if you walk in from Greystones you go right by it and there is a green area in front with a view of the prom, it will Probably be jammers, (check it out on Google), quite a few people just stay along the front in Greystones, the Planes come down that far to turn it only about 5k.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Bray Air Show

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #3
There is a new car park in Bray, coming from the Dublin side, it's just after super valu on the left hand side, immediately before the bridge. I only passed it once but I'm pretty sure there was a sign saying free parking and I didn't see any height barriers.

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #4
I wonder what are the chances you'd get into the car park up at Bray head with the van on Saturday evening.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #5
Quote by essjay

I wonder what are the chances you'd get into the car park up at Bray head with the van on Saturday evening.

Nil, there's a height barrier

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #6
I parked at the harbour right along the pier last year for a night - not for the Airshow though. Not much space there though.

cowboy70
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Elddis encore 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducat 2.3/ 9 speed auto 140bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #7
Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #8

I parked up on the main strip on the beach last year on Friday night and left it there for the weekend

You could do that too if you arrive in the evening. I arrived on a sunny Saturday lunchtime & there were no spaces on the main strip but that evening there were a a number of Motorhomes parked for the night.

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #9
Quote by <BM>

There is a new car park in Bray, coming from the Dublin side, it's just after super valu on the left hand side, immediately before the bridge. I only passed it once but I'm pretty sure there was a sign saying free parking and I didn't see any height barriers.

Passed by it today. It's free and just before the river on the left coming from Dublin and there's already a motorhome in it

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2018  ·  #10
Took a spin by the new carpark at lunchtime, there are gates and a sign saying that the gates are open from 7am until 8pm, no overnighting unless you you fancy being locked in, looks like a high fence all around.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.