PDK
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner A647
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

Thompson leisure

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #1
Still on the search for the perfect camper, anyone any info about thompson leisure
What are they like to deal with and after sales
Is it worth the spin up
Thanks in advance

kevo
Craic'er
My Motorhome: In progress
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

Re: Thompson leisure

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #2
I was up with Thompson leisure few weeks , found them great as you can look at nearly everything they have and they have lots and lots and lots and they leave you alone until you want information, alas I've been lots places and online for weeks but couldn't find exactly what i wanted so today I bought a 151 sprinter and going to get it converted

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #3
Any work being done to a van bought from Thompsons is carried out by Simon at Leisure Tech who according to those on here that use him have nothing but praise for him

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #4
We bought our MH in Thompson’s, there were lots to see but we had wish list...in end 3 to choose from, but we bought the one with RN reg (Roscommon) as it had been registered already down south we didn’t have that VRT ....so bear that in mind if buying a MH up North or overseas...as mentioned regularly you don’t know how much extra it will cost in the tax until you have bought it.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #5
We live in England and ordered a new Rapido off Thompsons at the NEC show in October 2016 collecting it from Dromore in April 2017.
We negotiated and agreed on extras etc and when we collected the van everything was exactly as ordered.
We dealt with David in Birmingham and then collected from Derek, his father in Ireland as David was on holiday. Very nice people to deal with and as The Fat Controller said all work is then done by Simon and his team. We went over for a habitation service in April this year, we were going to a family funeral at the same time so it worked out well if you see what I mean. I had a slight problem with an alarm fault earlier this year but it was dealt with locally and the invoice reimbursed immediately by Thompsons.
I would personally deal with Thompsons again as opposed to the collection of cowboys in this country.

Have a chat to David and his dad,

Good luck with whatever you buy and from whomsoever you choose to deal with.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.