hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #1
Was in Newcastle to took the camper up for a run parked at the small car park across from Donald car park to the granddaughter up to the play park only to see a motorhome parked across 3 parking spaces the enforcement officer was waiting for him to come back not a bit of wonder we’re not welcome in newcastle
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Newcastle

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #2
I would advocate 3 parking tickets issued against that type of inconsiderate parking, maximum penalty implied.
Ridiculous and stupid parking and no excuse for it.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #3
I think the enforcement officer should have got him clamped what an idiot

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #4

What would make of this fellow in Galway Docks today?

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #5
I can’t make out how he could possibly have so much overhang. Is that a MH or trailer? Can’t see the rear wheels.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #6
I would still give first prize in the height barrier justification World Cup to the one in Newcastle. 🙄

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #7
Quote by The Rambler

I can’t make out how he could possibly have so much overhang. Is that a MH or trailer? Can’t see the rear wheels.

Looks like a ‘yank tank’ ..... pretty big overhang on some of those. Bad parking once again, it’s a big problem in our towns and giving us bad press.

joberg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 696f
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2018  ·  #8
It's one of those RVs that's as long as a bus. Its been around galway for the last few days, looks like a UK reg

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #9
Fairly typical behaviour. Seen two in Westport a couple of weeks back. Both with overhang blocking the footpath. One had bikes and the other a large storage box which completely blocked the path way. Only way to pass was to go onto the road which was very busy.

Another one was parked with waste water open and people trying to step over it as it was on a popular walkway.

It's easy see why motorhomes are not welcome in a lot of Towns.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #10
Spotted that RV on Facebook just now. A big RV alright and in Cobh tonight so might be on the forum. Hard to park a beast like that to be fair.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2018  ·  #11
Quote by gavster1

Spotted that RV on Facebook just now. A big RV alright and in Cobh tonight so might be on the forum. Hard to park a beast like that to be fair.

I do not think that you are talking about the same vehicle here ,it is the people who park for longer durations than they should that are the culprits also why should motorhomes with a bit more overhang be victimised just because someone has decided to take a photograph?

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.07.2018  ·  #12
Quote by ntg

Quote by gavster1

I do not think that you are talking about the same vehicle here ,it is the people who park for longer durations than they should that are the culprits also why should motorhomes with a bit more overhang be victimised just because someone has decided to take a photograph?

That's hardly a bit of an overhang.

If a van doesn't fit in a standard parking spot, it should not be parked there!!!

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.07.2018  ·  #13
Pity you didn’t check the reg but I think most of these large Motorhomes are from Europe where they can park such big vehicles I can’t see many people in Ireland owning one of those

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 18.07.2018  ·  #14
Quote by gavster1

That looks like Bigfoot 300series with two slide outs, lovely RV great layout.
But is this the right country for a 30ft+

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.07.2018  ·  #15
Quote by Erazmus

Quote by ntg

Quote by gavster1

If a van doesn't fit in a standard parking spot, it should not be parked there!!!

So what is a standard parking spot? Why does the government register these larger motorhomes and then not facilitate the parking for them? Is the parking of these larger motorhomes any worse than the smaller ones running around the roads with their grey water taps open?
It is always easy to throw stones at others but those that live in glass houses should know better.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #16
I think that most folks here know the size of a standard parking space.
It is easy with modern phones to stick up a photo of a badly parked wagon, but maybe in future, we should give a better recommendation as to where is more suitable for mh parking. Maybe in a few months, we will want to stop in Newcastle/etc and it will be nice to know as to where is appropriate to park correctly.
After all this forum is about knowledge transfer.
Malcolm

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #17
I have driven one of these 8.86mtr( 29.1/2 ft ) and I feel for the Guy's with these big unit's, the are no dough lovely Motorhomes but it's very hard go find anywhere to park them, in France in campsite people would comment on how big , even those who were in Range rovers with 4 wheel caravans who were a good meter longer.
We don't have facilities for normal vans,what chance have they got.

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #18
Quote by ntg

Quote by Erazmus

Quote by ntg

Quote by gavster1

?

So what is a standard parking spot? Why does the government register these larger motorhomes and then not facilitate the parking for them? Is the parking of these larger motorhomes any worse than the smaller ones running around the roads with their grey water taps open?
It is always easy to throw stones at others but those that live in glass houses should know better.

Some people seem to take offence very easily....!!
Have I touched a nerve?

Since when..... is it only small motorhomes..... that are fitted with grey water taps ??????

I don't agree with a motorhome being parked taking up 2 or 3 parking places.
Parked with their overhang blocking a path or walkway.
Parked with no consideration to the people around them.

Offence easily taken is why barriers are being erected!

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #19
I have to agree with erazmus, to own a Motorhome of that size takes forward planning , ie if going somewhere can I fit in there , will I be blocking that footpath should I stick to campsites, will I be taking up two three parking spaces, it’s common sense ,if you can’t see this don’t buy such a big Motorhome , yes I know some of you are going to say well ,why should I not have any size camper, I’m not saying don’t buy something that size that’s up to you ,but you must take into consideration the locals who walk on the footpath your blocking that park in the space that you are taking up that can’t get there car past because your to long ,it’s the locals that we have to keep happy if we go in gunho and park anywhich way ,it’s the locals who go to three councillors to get us banned,all I’m saying is common sense goes a long way

aria
My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 150
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #20
Rights and entitlements are all well and good, but if MHs piss off the locals through taking too many spaces or parking in front of businesses/houses blocking views, it will not end well for us.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #21
I for sure would not condone the actions of some of these guys and parking across 3car bays in indefenciable. The point I was trying to make is that the government is quite happy to take the value added tax and any other excuse duty that they can think up yet there is this element of motorhomes that must keep driving as there is nowhere for them to park.
A lot of motorhomes do little to promote a good image of this great pastime but surely criticism should be evenly distributed.

doron
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #22
Yes Erazmus you have touched a nerve. with the people who do it lol.
I have seen it on many occasions but i do not take photos and post them.
I drive a small van and I do not empty anything anywhere,other in the right place, i wild camp all over Ireland and take all my rubbish home.I leave no trace.Over this summer i have been on the road from middle of May and i am fed up picking up other peoples shite. Its easy for the perpatrators to try and justify their actions.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #23
Quote by doron

Yes Erazmus you have touched a nerve. with the people who do it lol.
I have seen it on many occasions but i do not take photos and post them.

Doron if you are aiming that comment towards me then you certainly do not know me,if however you think that you have anything on me please feel free to post it.
I do wild camp when it is appropriate to do so and everything to my grey water goes home with me.
If I am away for an extended stay I will book into a site when I need to as I have been doing for the last two weeks in Scotland.
Please try and keep to the facts,I know the other sounds more bravo just like bakebook.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #24
I think lads its time for a moderator to step in, because there is misunderstanding all over the place as regards this topic.
And maybe a few green ones thrown in as well.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #25
Quote by sprinter

I think lads its time for a moderator to step in,

Was watching with interest. :D

Think some of you need to read what others are writing, no one is accusing anyone. Just different opinions, play nice or I'll lock it and make you buy me beer at the next craic meet.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #26
My opinion............

This topic would of been deleted if there were registrations showing. The photo was taken far enough away that you couldn't tell who it was. We don't do witch hunts.

If you are too big for a space then park somewhere else and stop ruining it for the rest of us. :devil:

Are motorhomers catered for well in this country? we all know the answer to that. If you have a big one or a wee one, your are a tourist and there should be infrastructre to support that. But I think NI & ROI are on the road for that to happen, in the meantime we need to educate the wrong doers, not fall out amongst ourselves.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2018  ·  #27
Back on topic folks, or I'm locking this.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2018  ·  #28
As I started this I must apologise for the direction it has taken I only posted the photos of Newcastle to let you all see why they don’t want us in Newcastle not to start world war 3 ,now that I have put these photos up there will be no further need for me to take anymore photos of badly parked campers for future posts

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 20.07.2018  ·  #29
You don't need to apologize, on the very slight chance it was one of ours,they now know, what a gobs***e,they are.
On the other hand if coming across someone parking badly,it might be a good idea to point it out to them,if you can and ask if they need help to park properly.
And maybe from now on if,bad parking can be classified as a Newcastle.
Example. I saw a fellow do a Newcastle the other day in --------. :shock:

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2018  ·  #30
Quote by hillton9

As I started this I must apologise for the direction it has taken I only posted the photos of Newcastle to let you all see why they don’t want us in Newcastle not to start world war 3 ,now that I have put these photos up there will be no further need for me to take anymore photos of badly parked campers for future posts

Hilton 9, I don't believe there is any reason for you to apologise, neither do I believe anyone is accusing any of the posters of wrong doing here.

What discussions like this does, in my opinion, is remind people of their responsibilities when camping or parking. Sometimes we can get complacent and not take as much due care as perhaps we should.

I don't agree with Ally in not posting photos showing the reg.
It is not a Witch hunt imo.
If you do wrong , suffer the consequences or the embarrasment if you are a member of motorhomecraic. There is nothing to say that any of the members would ever even have a photo posted but maybe the might know the offender and have a quiet word in their ear.

We all complain about height barriers and no overnight parking signs but as previously said it is local councillors that get these erected if approached by local residents.
On the other hand it's local business's that will get designated parking installed if they see the revenue that can be generated by bringing motorhomes into their community.

As members of this forum, we provide each other with great help and information but above all we should be constantly pushing the fact that our conduct while using our vans has to be beyond reproach if we want conditions to improve.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Newcastle

· 
Posted: 20.07.2018  ·  #31
Ally I don't remembered, where are the pamphlets for download and printing off.?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2018  ·  #32
Quote by sprinter

Ally I don't remembered, where are the pamphlets for download and printing off.?

Motorhome parking Ireland flyer is HERE and the MHC flyer is HERE.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2018  ·  #33
Quote by Erazmus

I don't agree with Ally in not posting photos showing the reg.
It is not a Witch hunt imo.

A lot of posts were deleted last night.

But as for disagreeing with me, that's fine I do it all the time. But there is a reason in this case.

A number of years ago a Motorhome photo was posted, same scenario, it turned out however that owner was told to park in that way, obviously they were not amused at the photo being posted.

We have to be careful on here, a photo can travel far and wide on the internet in minutes and before we perhaps get the true story that person is at fault in many forums and especially story telling Facebook.

Roberts post was fine and he doesn't need to apologise. The topic just took the wrong direction.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2018  ·  #34
Quote by JJF

Quote by sprinter

Motorhome parking Ireland flyer is HERE and the MHC flyer is HERE.

Also Aire Guide HERE

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.