· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #1
nipper
Screwed
Subject:

Re: Enforcing camping & parking bylaws ‘will send out the wrong message’

· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #2
Same old problem. All it takes is a few parking across 3 bays and we all suffer. At least there was a few folk in there to give the voice of reason and highlight the benefits of having a couple of places with basic facilities.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #3
whats all this " honest decent people want to park"? Is that not us?

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #4
Quote by ROBANDSUE

When your man parks a 7meter van across 3 parking bay, that won't be considered decent.

I get the argument on both sides and at least they do consider not banning but instead of building dedicated parking spots.

It's a shame that there's always on to mess it up and being such a small group we will have no priority against your average joe with the cars.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #5
Quote by RTV

Quote by ROBANDSUE

When your man parks a 7meter van across 3 parking bay, that won't be considered decent.

I get the argument on both sides and at least they do consider not banning but instead of building dedicated parking spots.

It's a shame that there's always on to mess it up and being such a small group we will have no priority against your average joe with the cars.

I would say thats the exception to the rule. I very rarely see a van taking up 3 spaces, or 2, but I know it happens. Instead of concentrating on the one wally, its good to see there are some senseible heads in the council can see the bigger picture.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Enforcing camping & parking bylaws ‘will send out the wrong message’

· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #6
Maybe some from that neck of the woods might send a mail shot of our recmondations to all the councillor?

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #7
Quote by ROBANDSUE

Quote by RTV

Quote by ROBANDSUE

I would say thats the exception to the rule. I very rarely see a van taking up 3 spaces, or 2, but I know it happens. Instead of concentrating on the one wally, its good to see there are some senseible heads in the council can see the bigger picture.

I'm with you, but unfortunately even when MHs respect the single space, there's times when vans take most of spaces in a car pakr and you know yourself, if 10 or 15 vans arrive on a Friday, they'll most likely won't leave for the rest of the weekend. Which means that that carpark would have those spaces gone where a regular car will take the space for a few hours and leave.

A quick example that comes to mind is Dungarvan, I've seen the carpark close to the cemetery jam packed with MHs, one lad taking two spaces with awning and chairs deployed.

For the local folks that won't be able to park on "their spot" for the whole weekend, that will never sit well.

That's why I say that I do get both points of views and those exceptions are the ones that are going to make people complain about it and do something that will hurt the MH community for sure. As I said, we're only a small group with almost no representation.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2018  ·  #8
Quote by RTV

Quote by ROBANDSUE

Quote by RTV

Quote by ROBANDSUE

I'm with you, but unfortunately even when MHs respect the single space, there's times when vans take most of spaces in a car pakr and you know yourself, if 10 or 15 vans arrive on a Friday, they'll most likely won't leave for the rest of the weekend. Which means that that carpark would have those spaces gone where a regular car will take the space for a few hours and leave.

A quick example that comes to mind is Dungarvan, I've seen the carpark close to the cemetery jam packed with MHs, one lad taking two spaces with awning and chairs deployed.

For the local folks that won't be able to park on "their spot" for the whole weekend, that will never sit well.

That's why I say that I do get both points of views and those exceptions are the ones that are going to make people complain about it and do something that will hurt the MH community for sure. As I said, we're only a small group with almost no representation.

Yeah totally agree. Seen something similar in Rush with a van parked outside the florist in a car park space. it overlapped the end of the space and blocked a bit of an entrance. probably gone in a couple of minutes, but as i passed by it gave me a little twinge of regret. small thing for the driver maybe, but could be a big thing if somewas was trying to get out.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2018  ·  #9
Rush is hard enough to get a car parked in never mind a motorhome.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2018  ·  #10
Quote by gavster1

Rush is hard enough to get a car parked in never mind a motorhome.

Very true Gavin.i have seen a few parked up in the church grounds, never seem to have a problem. Or ive never heard of one.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.