Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Back to the factory

· 
Posted: 06.07.2018  ·  #1
Advice please. We have a major defect in the body work of our 2016 Rollerteam 707. A bulge developed at the heater vent over the winter. Rollerteam were informed in February and have today approved the replacement of the complete side of the body.

Great, only problem is we are in Northern Ireland and the van needs to get to their factory in Grimsby at our expense. (According to the dealer)

So has anyone experience of such a repair and have they had to pay to get their van to the factory.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Back to the factory

· 
Posted: 06.07.2018  ·  #2
Speak to Jack about how Adria treated him, they returned the van to the workshop, Slovenia I believe? and brought it back again at their expense!

On the other hand, how Itineo treated us was to refuse communication, refuse any contact, refuse to talk to the dealer, refuse to do anything. Point blank completely useless. (not over yet)

It is their defect, speak to Citizens Advice for compensation on travelling costs, they have been brilliant with us.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2018  ·  #3
My take on it is you cover the cost to get it to where ever you bought it from,
Its up to them after that.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Back to the factory

· 
Posted: 06.07.2018  ·  #4
Mark. Sorry to hear you have this issue. my take on this is .
The Factory and the Dealer as the Factory's representative have agreed its is their problem.
So you need to ask them both separately, why are they now trying to make it you're problem/fault.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2018  ·  #5
Quote by Mark&Wendy

Advice please. We have a major defect in the body work of our 2016 Rollerteam 707. A bulge developed at the heater vent over the winter. Rollerteam were informed in February and have today approved the replacement of the complete side of the body.

Great, only problem is we are in Northern Ireland and the van needs to get to their factory in Grimsby at our expense. (According to the dealer)

So has anyone experience of such a repair and have they had to pay to get their van to the factory.

Do not fall for that line as in 2008 i bought a new Autotrail which developed a so called luton squeak ,the dealer tried to sort this problem but failed and I took the issue with the factory which incidentally was in Grimsby .
By the time all was sorted they agreed to pay all travel expenses which included me taking motorhome over,flying back home,flying back out again and returning with motorhome completely repaired.
On my return back home I posted all receipts as agreed and within about 2weeks I had a cheque to cover all my travel costs.
That is the reason I have stuck with Autotrail since.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2018  ·  #6
Quote by mad max

My take on it is you cover the cost to get it to where ever you bought it from,
Its up to them after that.

Mark

That would be my take too.

Your contract is with the dealer. If he can't/won't/isn't able to fix it and then gets the manufacturer to fix it then that is between them. They need to sort out between them who pays for the transfer to/from Grimsby but you should not be out of pocket or time.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2018  ·  #7
Thank you all. When I agreed that a repair in October would suit The dealer was going to pass my email to roller team to aliases directly as they close for 2 weeks over the 12th. I said hold off when they confirmed that I had to pay to get to and from Grimsbay myself. Next stop will be Citizens Advice and to work out likely costs of transport.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2018  ·  #8
I,had a problem with my Adria and it was even out,or warranty. The actual situation is you return the vehicle to the dealer you bought it from. In my case the dealer was a few miles from,themAdria distribution centre and was no longer a dealer. Adria suggested I bring the vehicle directly to them in Suffolk and they would transport it back to the factory etc at no cost to me. I drove the van over to them and from there everything went smoothly. They kept me up to date withmprogress etc in a weekly basis and they saw a few other things which they repaired at no cost to me. I was very impressed with how they dealt with me. In a nutshell you are only responsible to get it back to the dealer you bought it from. I hope this is helpful for you.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2018  ·  #9
I would drop it of to the dealer and tell him to get it fixed why should you have to run all over the country I’m sure you payed big money for your camper if they refuse to take it and fix it ask for a refund as they sold you a defective product they don’t have a leg to stand on if it goes to court

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2018  ·  #10
Spoke to a lovely lady in trading standards. With her information, your advice and an email to the dealer, 2 months later I have confirmation that our motorhome will be transported to the factory at their expense. To drop it off end of October, work is scheduled to take 2 weeks, so hoping to be back on the road end of November. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2018  ·  #11
Quote by Mark&Wendy

Spoke to a lovely lady in trading standards. With her information, your advice and an email to the dealer, 2 months later I have confirmation that our motorhome will be transported to the factory at their expense. To drop it off end of October, work is scheduled to take 2 weeks, so hoping to be back on the road end of November. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Good news folks..... hopefully that sorts out all the issues for you and you’re back on the road soon.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Back to the factory

· 
Posted: 25.09.2018  ·  #12
Quote by Mark&Wendy

Aren't standards and rights great to have, but do you know what's even better. Knowing Them.
Was there any mention of compensation,or did you suggest any little gadget or improvements that they might like to do in the interest of good customer relations, since its in the factory and you would only be delighted to inform 3000 members of a particular motorhome forum how good were to you. :D

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2018  ·  #13
Great result Mark&Wendy.
Well done.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2018  ·  #14
Nice one, hope it all goes to plan. 👍

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2018  ·  #15
Quote by sprinter

?

That's sooooo last year 😁

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.09.2018  ·  #16
Quote by sprinter

Quote by Mark&Wendy

Aren't standards and rights great to have, but do you know what's even better. Knowing Them.
Was there any mention of compensation,or did you suggest any little gadget or improvements that they might like to do in the interest of good customer relations, since its in the factory and you would only be delighted to inform 3000 members of a particular motorhome forum how good were to you. :D

I'm not going to push my luck Martin.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.09.2018  ·  #17
Yeah, there was no way you were responsible for those costs. Hope everything goes well, you shouldn't have any issues.

Definitely push your luck for some update/refresh on some components for your troubles, tell them that you missed a trip or something. Any options that you didn't tick upon purchase and you wanted? Here's your chance :D

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2019  ·  #18
Quote by Ally

Nice one, hope it all goes to plan. 👍

Well it didnt quite go to plan, but got the MH back today. Only took 4 months! But new side fitted, problem apparently was getting the matching decals. I did manage to blag a free habitation check while it was in the factory.

Just glad to be back on the road shortly, needs a good clean, tank sterilised and to decide what really needs to go back in. 🤔

We must complement Philip and Abbey Caravans for sorting out the transport arrangements.

See you all soon.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2019  ·  #19
Glad to hear that you got it sorted. I had to take my Euramobil back to Spreadlingen in Germany to have the roof replaced. The factory sorted the roof but I had to pay to get it there. It was out of warranty so I was happy enough

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.