hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Barriers to ban motorhomes

· 
Posted: 04.07.2018  ·  #1
How not to attract tourists,just talk to Down newry and mourne counsels,it seems that they are going to put up height barriers in Newcastle after all ,if they don’t want us don’t visit there lost Newcastle has become another Howth a visit to the Northern Ireland tourism board website with complaints might be the way to go also a threat to sue the council for discrimination on not being aloud to park a taxed insurance vehicle in a public car park ,I for one am considering not going to the air show this year ,why should I spend my hard earned money somewhere where I’m not wanted

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

Re: Barriers to ban motorhomes

· 
Posted: 04.07.2018  ·  #2
We have known about this for a while and they do plan to put dedicated motorhome parking in Donard Park and although limited at least they are not doing what many other councils do and just put the barriers up & leave it at that.

I don’t work for the council but in their defence at least they have dedicated free motorhome parking for Motorhomes for the Airshow itself while many other similar events elsewhere would not offer that. I would rather park out of the way than try to squeeze into a normal car park with no overhang option anyway and risk getting blocked in.

It’s the non Airshow weekends that will be nearly impossible to park in Newcastle in a motorhome. I was there the weekend before last and the branches to get into the grass overflow car park behind Donard park are too low for hi tops to get in without scrapes. You can’t seem to even park a car on the Main Street even on a Sunday for more than 2 hours without getting a fine. The parking attendants were out in force and that would put me off using the carparks or street even in a car never mind a motorhome.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.