rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

More Welsh coast problems

· 
Posted: 19.06.2018  ·  #1
I know there have been a few posts of info on Wales recently but here's another problem on the Welsh coast caused by the hoards over here stopping for weeks (and highlighting where they empty their waste when there are no facilities) .Never been on this beach in the van but i did stay in a caravan on the Haven Site (2 mins away )10 years ago and visited the beach in the car and there were vans overnighting then. The area is over run with campsites so maybe them having a moan but still not good for publicity. Incidentally i have used a Haven site very close to here (Hafan y Mor ) in June for the last 2 years and you get a fully serviced pitch with electric ,wifi,showers, toilets and a pass to the entertainment for less than £10 a night .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-…17?SThisFB

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

Re: More Welsh coast problems

· 
Posted: 20.06.2018  ·  #2
Quote by rebbyvid

I know there have been a few posts of info on Wales recently but here's another problem on the Welsh coast caused by the hoards over here stopping for weeks (and highlighting where they empty their waste when there are no facilities) .Never been on this beach in the van but i did stay in a caravan on the Haven Site (2 mins away )10 years ago and visited the beach in the car and there were vans overnighting then. The area is over run with campsites so maybe them having a moan but still not good for publicity. Incidentally i have used a Haven site very close to here (Hafan y Mor ) in June for the last 2 years and you get a fully serviced pitch with electric ,wifi,showers, toilets and a pass to the entertainment for less than £10 a night .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-…17?SThisFB

In July they bare looking for 39 sterling a night for camper and 2 adults

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2018  ·  #3
th june [quote="ROBANDSUE"]
In July they bare looking for 39 sterling a night for camper and 2 adults
[/quote
Yes agree some are very expensive in season , but i only use in May, June ,Sept Oct and Midweek and just used 3 Presthaven sands @ £8 a night ,Hafan y Mor £9.50 a night (both Wales) in May and Thornwick holiday park near Bridlington Yorkshire 4th -9th June (4 nights ) £8 a night.
4 nights Mon Sept 16
Wales @ Presthaven --£32
Wales @ Hafan y Mor £44 (euro pitch)
Wales @ Greenacres overlooking the Black Rock beach in the BBC report is the most expensive @£52.80 for a euro pitch (includes water grey waste t.v point and electric on pitch).
Some electric grass pitches you will get for £7 a night, these are all based on 6.4 motorhome and 2 adults ..

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2018  ·  #4
Just looked at havan y mor for end of October and it is £22 for a motorhome and 2 adults...do you haggle or something?

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.06.2018  ·  #5
Just looked at havan y mor for end of October and it is £22 for a motorhome and 2 adults...do you haggle or something?
[/quote]

Could be half term ,usual story they up prices when kids are on holiday.
Just checked on 14th Oct for 4 nights and its £11 a night but as i have used them a lot i am a Haven Freedom trail member i get another 5% off so total for me for the 4 nights is £39.60.

https://www.haven.com/sw/BSear…3B000001D6[quote="norma"]

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2018  ·  #6
Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2018  ·  #7
Too many motorhomes for the infrastructure. Banning them won't make them go away. Councils need to get smart and think of ways they can welcome them and increase the tourism and economy in their own towns without annoying or upsetting local residents.

Jealousy is also a powerful thing.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2018  ·  #8
Maybe something will become of this .
"As for the alternative space for the vans, a site off King’s Parade near the sailing club has been earmarked, although even if land is available, “significant” funds would be needed for the necessary works.
Councillors at the meeting will be asked to give their views on the latest council position, and the document added: “The effective management of camper vans can reduce complaints from local residents and contribute to a vibrant tourism economy.”

I have seen these problems coming over the years and have used most of the places on the north wales coast (before they banned overnight parking of campervans).But i would only stay one night then travel on .
My own solution now is to use Haven sites off season, club rally's,motorhome shows, and as a C&C member use their temporary holiday sites and of course spend time out of the U.K .
Another problem over here is we have very few official motorhome/campervan stopovers. Canterbury ,St Annes, are the only 2 that i know that provide black waste disposal.There are some car parks that allow overnighting but no facilities.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Another one bites the dust

· 
Posted: 27.06.2018  ·  #9
One councillor and unhappy neighbours closed this stopover.
https://www.conwymotorhomehire.co.uk/motorhome-stopover/ (this one moved down the road to Deganwy)
https://www.facebook.com/conwysmotorhomestopover/?ref=br_rs
For those without a Facebook account

Conwy Motorhome Stopover is feeling sad.
22 June at 17:28 ·
I'm sorry but due to several unhappy neighbours and a village councillor that for some reason see the stopover as a negative appose to a positive we have today had our stopover status revoked. I therefore have no option but from Monday 25th June to permanently close the stopover. Please can I take this opportunity to thank you all for everything. It is a great shame that some people don't understand the benefit of such locations.

Darren and Emma x

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

now exmouth

· 
Posted: 01.07.2018  ·  #10
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.