Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Citreon Relay
Subject:

Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #1
Irish ferries
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #2
Bollox... Can't get through on the phone either

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #3
Just had an email from Irish Ferries cancelling my trip August/September. I had to change to the Oscar Wilde and asked them nicely for a cabin upgrade which they did. I was looking forward to saving the 200 mile drive by going out of Dublin. They gave me a 150 Euro credit for future sailings so I am happy enough

vino
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: panel van conversion
Base Vehicle: citroen relay 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #4
Trying to get through on phone but all lines are busy or down. Was the boat out of Dublin not a bit dearer than the boat out of Rosslare ? Therefore the value of the voucher should be a bit higher. Not sure but I think there might have been 50 or 60 euro in the difference.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #5
Not sure I am happy enough. I was just worried that I couldn’t get close to my original,sailings.

vino
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #6
Its not a big problem for me going from and returning to Rosslare, just would have been easier since I live near Dundalk. Hoping I can get close to my dates.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #7
Not happy, paid £60 to change my original booking from Rosslare to Dublin. With 9000 people being rebooked I think I'll go elsewhere for my ferry. What a mess.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #8
Ok, as Wendy says, imagine if this was your family holiday with the kids in a car and accommodation also booked and paid for. That would be a nightmare. We can go anytime, so I'll just drink more red wine in Achill Island and chillax.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #9
God this has turned into a bloody mess for everyone involved. It's the families with kids who need bigger cabins that will find it hard.
While we were always booked on the oscar wilde for our mid July trip to france, it seems that now the boat will be loaded to capacity on the outward and return trips.
Don't be afraid to put in boot in for better vouchers because you can rest assure that Irish ferries will be charging the boat builder for the loss of their business.
Malcolm

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #10
I have had a few problems with Irish Ferries over the years but they have dealt with all of them in a professional manner. I have had cabin upgrades (once to a Suite), vouchers and discounts. This is an inconvenience but worse things happen at sea. I’m maybe getting settled in my old age

campingkitty
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rimor
Base Vehicle: Ford
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #11
It’s disgraceful the way it was handled really. We were one of the ones booked for July, so our sailings were cancelled in April. We were able to get on the Óscar Wilde a day later but must travel back later also, so extra work holidays needed to be taken. Luckily for us, we take our accommodation with us but many families will have accommodations booked and most likely will find it very difficult to change in peak season. We also had to take a smaller cabin, but it was that or nothing so no choice really.
Like yourself Malcolm, we usually book the Oscar Wilde for mid July too but an Irish ferries rep at the holiday world show convinced us to try the new WB Yeats instead!! A drive to rosslare or a drive to Dublin is the same distance for us but for a lot of people, the drive to rosslare is an added cost for fuel etc..as well as a longer journey with young children. I really hope everyone gets sorted, so disappointing.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #12
Quote by Mark&Wendy

Ok, as Wendy says, imagine if this was your family holiday with the kids in a car and accommodation also booked and paid for. That would be a nightmare. We can go anytime, so I'll just drink more red wine on Achill Island and chillax.

And tomorrow get on your bikes to the Graveyard lock them up and have a walk up through the Deserted Village. and even get a bit of retail therapy in on the way back at. blackfield clothing studio and Lakefield Gallery, bogwood sculptures. :lol:

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #13
campingkitty, we might have got your cabin in our upgrade😀

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #14
Quote by Thorn123

God this has turned into a bloody mess for everyone involved. It's the families with kids who need bigger cabins that will find it hard.
While we were always booked on the Oscar Wilde for our mid-July trip to France, it seems that now the boat will be loaded to capacity on the outward and return trips.
Don't be afraid to put in boot in for better vouchers because you can rest assure that Irish ferries will be charging the boat builder for the loss of their business.
Malcolm

And for the rip-off prices, they charge in the Summer season they can well afford to give plenty of vouchers etc,

campingkitty
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rimor
Base Vehicle: Ford
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #15
Ha ha.....our cabin was on the WB Yeats tommys so I hope you didn’t or else you’ll be spending your summer vacation in a German shipyard. Our new cabin on the Oscar Wilde is probably the size of your suites closet.😂

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #16
It is a bit of a pain alright.

I am more annoyed because I emailed Irish Ferries in early May explaining we need to know of changes to our sailings at least 10 weeks in advance due to booking our own clients in.

I even offered to make changes then in case there was further distribution.
I got a reply on 9th May confirming both our sailings we unaffected.
We are now eight weeks from sailing and both sails are cancelled.

Not overly impressed.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #17
We were considering a second trip to France in mid August to end of September. I now notice that the only outbound availability in August is 26 or 28th, so not only the W B Yeats bookings affected but also new business.

Davy

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2018  ·  #18
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #19
Last week Italy fined Ryanair for flight delays.
Did anyone hear one word from Minister Ross, or had he forgotten he is responsible for TRANSPORT AND TOURISM?
Why is it we have not had any comment from Minister?,this is only the latest from Irish Ferries the should have been rapped on the knuckles, long before this.they should have hired in a ship when this new one was delayed they have known for Months that this ship was not going to be ready, it is at least underhand trading to sell a product you do not have.
But what do we really expect when this and other governments in the past allowed the Irish people to be held to ransom by foreign-flagged ships. they should not be allowed to use Irish in their name when they opted to sail under a flag of convenience.
We are an Island beholding to others, with a nod and wink from the Poli-tTicks
Where is Shane Ross? is he with Wally or hiding in the bunker in Kilternan garda station.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #20
For to wait until now to cancel does not say much for the management of a state enterprise, also we do not know what the shipbuilders had reported on their progress and what steps had been taken to hasten the completion. It makes the german banner of Vorsprung Durch Technik join that of dear old British Leyland.

chalkey

Subject:

Foreign flag

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #21
Not only do irish ferries fly a flag of convieniance it was not so long ago that the majority of irish employees were made redundant by this same company . They are not Irish as the name suggests the Monopoly drivers are this same company with prices to match.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #22
After many many many attempts at trying to call Irish Ferries today I eventually got a person on the other end of the phone.

We have only had to move one day later on both sailings so not too bad. Everything else is like for like.

If we want the €150 voucher for next year we need to apply by email.

I am currently franticly searching my old screenshots for the crossing we are now on as if I can prove a price difference I will get it refunded. I usually save them to compare dates and prices before booking.

I get the feeling there may be more communication with them in the coming weeks. LOL

I am happy we are still getting to France this summer.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

.Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #23
It gets stranger the is a sailing out of Rosslare to Roscoff on the 13th September and one on the 15th September Rosslare to Cherbourg. Same ship. 8-)
The strange part is there is no sailing back from Roscoff :shock: on the 14th Maybe Brittney ferries are going to tow it back under cover of darkness :-/ :ninja:

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #24
I think that the Oscar wilde timetable will be tightened up. They will have to run it around the clock like a ryanair plane.
After September have Irish Ferries mentioned anything about the Oscar Wilde using Dublin port and Roslare for french sailings?
Malcolm.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #25
All you need now is a breakdown on the overworked Oscar Wilde

vino
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #26
Got through to irish ferries this morning, was already going out through Rosslare now my return is one day later with cabin into Rosslare. Not a bad result. Asked about compensation for travelling to and from Rosslare and I had booked flexy fares(not much room for change now) Was told to contact customer services, will wait a week before contacting them as they are on top of their heads at the minute.

vino
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #27
How can irish ferries have so much spare capacity on the OscarWilde ? If you tried to book a sailing this time of year it would be full or there would definitely be no cabins left.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #28
Quote by vino

How can irish ferries have so much spare capacity on the OscarWilde ? If you tried to book a sailing this time of year it would be full or there would definitely be no cabins left.

They will have the OW and Epsilon sailing, much like the last few years.

The WB Yeats added capacity but without changing pricing, read lowering price, didn't do much to stimulate demand. The new ship and direct sailings from Dublin will have attracted some additional customers but clearly not close to enough to fill the OW and WB Yeats.

The cynic in me wonders if the absent demand meant they weren't too bothered by a slip in schedule.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #29
On the ferry now in Roscoff, is it my imagination or are all Irish ferries staff especially nice today !!!!!

Robbie
Starline S680
My Motorhome: Hymer S680
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #30
We got the email as well as we were due to sail the start of September from Dublin. I remember the new vessel at the time of booking was dearer and also cabin was a bit more expensive but we looked at 220 mile saving on diesel say 10 gallons and traded that of against the higher cost
Now they replied to email and put us on Oscar Wilde a few days later and upgraded cabin to a 4 star 2 bed with window. The email had no explanation or anything just the new booking details

Regarding the 150 euro voucher I thought it would automatically be added to our accounts from their first email 're cancellation. However reading above it looks like we need to claim. Is it just the bookings email address we use to have it credited to the account.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #31
We are booked on OW since Oct last. I am expecting it will be overcrowded now and totally chaotic.
Hopefully we still have a cabin!! May be asked/told to share cabin.🤫🤫

Franco

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Irish ferries

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #32
Quote by Daffysparks

On the ferry now in Roscoff, is it my imagination or are all Irish ferries staff especially nice today !!!!!

Let me be the first to welcome you home, I am worn out keeping an eye on the County in your absence. I am even on my way down in the morning, had I known I could have stayed in bed for the day :lol:
is the van down by the stern?

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2018  ·  #33
Cheers for keeping an eye on things. Let’s just say the air suspension is pumped to the limit, to take the worst of the bad look off things 😂😂

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2018  ·  #34
Quote by mark

After many many many attempts at trying to call Irish Ferries today I eventually got a person on the other end of the phone.

We have only had to move one day later on both sailings so not too bad. Everything else is like for like.

If we want the €150 voucher for next year we need to apply by email.

I am currently franticly searching my old screenshots for the crossing we are now on as if I can prove a price difference I will get it refunded. I usually save them to compare dates and prices before booking.

I get the feeling there may be more communication with them in the coming weeks. LOL

I am happy we are still getting to France this summer.

Likewise Mark.

I had originally booked the OW with flexi tickets last August, cost €392.70. Changed to WBY, new cost €443.70. Now back to my original sailing and the price is staying at €443.70. So now out of pocket for the extra €50 and the extra fuel to Rosslare.

Anyone else considering claiming the difference back, along with the €150 voucher.

vino
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2018  ·  #35
I booked in december sailing from Dublin mid. july and returning early august. As far as I can remember there was about 50 euro in the difference as you said. I also booked flexi fares. Now I gain €150 next year but loose €100 in fares,drive to rosslare and flexi fares will be useless because all sailings will be packed. When I got through on the phone I said this and was told to take it up with customer service. This I will do when the panic is over.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2018  ·  #36
Quote by vino

This I will do when the panic is over.

My thoughts precisely

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2018  ·  #37
Quote by mark

Quote by vino

My thoughts precisely

Might be better to strike whilst the iron is hot 😉

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2018  ·  #38
Quote by mad max

Quote by mark

Quote by vino

My thoughts precisely

Might be better to strike whilst the iron is hot 😉

I feel it would get lost in all the mayhem they are currently dealing with.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2018  ·  #39
I rang today, was answered almost immediately, and changed to the OW a day following my current booking. Looks like they are on top of things. Think I'll email customer services with a copy of my booking last August and request the €50, along with their good will gesture of the €150 voucher. I like the idea of striking while the irons hot. 👍

Robbie
Starline S680
My Motorhome: Hymer S680
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.06.2018  ·  #40
I've mentioned the 150 euro voucher in 2 communication emails with them. They have sorted ferry from rosslare so as above more fuel costs both ways.
However on each occasion they failed to reply to the 150 euro compensation voucher bit.
I've now emailed them on Saturday purely regarding the 150 euro voucher to see if they reply. I got a feeling they are avoiding the compensation issue.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.