My Motorhome: Autosleeper Dorset
Base Vehicle: 2012 Pug Boxer
Subject:

Re: loads of lights

· 
Posted: 13.06.2018  ·  #41
I'm back.
We ll I am but still Autosleeper less.
New units received and sent back as didn't work so new (old fashioned) way used to hopefully find out what caused the fault in the first place.
The inside of my van and under the bonnet currently looks like one in a wreckers yard with just about every thing taken out for checking and testing.
Well hopefully now found what caused the problem.
At the back of the main fuse box (under the bonnet) there is damage to the wiring (don't know why or how)
this has caused a short and overheat and a lot of the wires are fused together and it has also melted the back of the fuse box
Totally and utterly you know what,
David
Craic Lifer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2018  ·  #42
Hopefully this is the start of the end of your problems and you will be back on the road soon
One user likes this post:
CHAUSSON
Craic Lifer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2018  ·  #43
If I read this thread I would swear it was made up.
Latest
Garage contacted Peugeot and gave them the part number off the back of the damaged unit they asked for a picture which was sent.

The Fusebox according to Peugeot is not one fitted to the Boxer in fact it is not a Peugeot part at all.

They are investigating now to see if the number printed on the back confirms what they believe is that it is either a Fiat or Citroën
box which would have been wrongly fitted, (of course they say after leaving factory but of course most likely not, as I have spoken to AutoSleeper and they have seen other non Pug parts on new vans in)

Could this have been the main cause in the first place
Craic Lifer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2018  ·  #44
I would say no, its not to blame as the three brands produce their vans in the same factory and the only real difference in them is the engine/gearbox and from what I know its only Fiat which has a different version the other two are the same. You would assume that anything which would cause an electrical problem would be closely monitored so as not to be fitted to the wrong version.

However mistakes do happen and if that part is the wrong one from the factory then the cause of the fault would pass back to the manufacturer of the said base vehicle and it would be up to them to firstly meet all repair costs and then address the issue of compensating the owner for loss of use/depreciation/goodwill etc.

Quote by heanorboy

If I read this thread I would swear it was made up.
Latest
Garage contacted Peugeot and gave them the part number off the back of the damaged unit they asked for a picture which was sent.

The Fusebox according to Peugeot is not one fitted to the Boxer in fact it is not a Peugeot part at all.

They are investigating now to see if the number printed on the back confirms what they believe is that it is either a Fiat or Citroën
box which would have been wrongly fitted, (of course they say after leaving factory but of course most likely not, as I have spoken to AutoSleeper and they have seen other non Pug parts on new vans in)

Could this have been the main cause in the first place
No user has liked this post yet.
Craic Lifer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2018  ·  #45
Well it is established that it is a FIAT fusebox
I am guessing (yes only guessing) that it differs in some way from the Peugeot one as a new one from Fiat was over £50 plus VAT cheaper than one from Peugeot.
Rightly or wrongly discussed with garage and decided that it was best to replace like with like.
Next step is to strip back the melted wiring loom. The garage is going to hopefully repair this if it is not too badly gone as a new one is just a tad under £1000 plus VAT

We were definitely going to Change it when we did get it back but it has reached the cost stage were its looking like we either just get rid and go back to the caravan or just keep the dam thing but the problem with this is that I don't think I will ever be happy with or trust it again. Maybe when it does finally get "fixed" I might feel different.
o.O :bh:
3 users like this post:
Ally, Chevy g20, JJF
ntg
Craic Lifer
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2018  ·  #46
This must be sole destroying but at last you are getting some results,let us hope that you can get back to enjoying the good times again and hopefully forget about the recent past.
3 users like this post:
CHAUSSON, oldautotrailer, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.