StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Leaving late what are the implications?

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #1
On Monday I walked by several people due to leave who asked if they could leave late to see one more band playing in the village that afternoon and one person who wanted to leave their caravan and go sight seeing in their car. Most looked at me like I had two heads as I said sorry that they had to leave by our stated departure time of 12. I went on to explain that we had other people booked and due arrive from 12 noon and late leavers combined with arrivals makes for a congested service point and entrance. I also explained we needed to clean the shower block and mow the grass around the pitches.
Anyway despite all being re advised departure was 12 noon two MHs decided to leave late at the same time as a Winnebago arrived which was a nuisance for all.
If we are quiet we will try and accommodate people who want to leave late but when we are busy it really does impact on getting the site ready again. Particularly so at the end of a weekend when the majority are leaving to be replaced by new arrivals.
There you go an explanation from a site owner,

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Leaving late what are the implications?

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #2
While I dont particularly like the depart at 12 rule on most sites I do understand the need for it, but there is never any harm in asking for a late check out, the worst you can say is no

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #3
whereas meself and Sue are always on the road at 1st light :D

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #4
Quote by the fat controller

While I dont particularly like the depart at 12 rule on most sites I do understand the need for it, but there is never any harm in asking for a late check out, the worst you can say is no

Totally agree and where can we would say yes, the weekend just gone we were full and were not able to do a bit of mowing as all pitches were full, plus we knew we had several coming in to take the place of people leaving. What i do not ever want to do is ask someone who has booked and arrived from 12 to wait whilst we ask someone to leave who should have already gone.
Any way i thought id just explain my thought process.

ColinM
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Rapido 655F
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #5
On some of the sites I have been on recently, the access to the sites and roads on the sites have been so narrow , that if two larger outfits were traveling in different directions it would take a few tricky manoeuvres to get moving again. 😱

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2018  ·  #6
There has been times when we have requested a late check from a campsite. We will always try to ask, on the previous evening or early that morning and always offer to vacate the pitch to a holding area/carpark. On most occasions it does work but on the odd time, check out is gone time.
I can understand Jamie's position because he doesn't have an extra area for parking.
Some campsite owners are not shy about asking for an extra fiver or even a tenner for the late check out.
Malcolm

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2018  ·  #7
Quote by Thorn123

There has been times when we have requested a late check from a campsite. We will always try to ask, on the previous evening or early that morning and always offer to vacate the pitch to a holding area/carpark. On most occasions it does work but on the odd time, check out is gone time.
I can understand Jamie's position because he doesn't have an extra area for parking.
Some campsite owners are not shy about asking for an extra fiver or even a tenner for the late check out.
Malcolm

Malcom is right we do not have the luxury of a big holding area or car park but we are lucky enough to have places to safely park a motorhome within a few minutes walk of the campsite. But usually when we are asked for a late check out people want to stay hooked up and usually want to use all the facilities when they leave in this case I ask the people for a donation which is given to towards the Doonbeg Jazz Festival.
For me I’m not trying to make extra money, more about the smooth running of the campsite.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2018  ·  #8
I can understand that Jamie, makes perfect sense but what I can’t understand is campsites charging for Awnings. It has been suggested that ground sheets damage the grass but I never seen a camp site owner laying new turf after a Motorhome moves on or giving the next Motorhome that moves on to that space a discount because the grass is discolored. As far as I can see he puts the money in his pocket and the grass grows again. Maybe I am Wrong.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2018  ·  #9
Quote by CHAUSSON

I can understand that Jamie, makes perfect sense but what I can’t understand is campsites charging for Awnings. It has been suggested that ground sheets damage the grass but I never seen a camp site owner laying new turf after a Motorhome moves on or giving the next Motorhome that moves on to that space a discount because the grass is discolored. As far as I can see he puts the money in his pocket and the grass grows again. Maybe I am Wrong.

Ahh extra charges my pet hate when I chose a site.
I have spoken to many people who cannot understand why there is an extra charge for awning, they’ve paid for the pitch therefore it is up to them how they use it. I agree. That said when it is really wet we ask those with awnings to put them on a smooth gravel surface, we have pitches suitable for this and we lend rock pegs, we now find that people who have put the awning on the gravel now prefer this as it is less messy in the awning.
So no charge here for an awning.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2018  ·  #10
We have the same problem with a holiday let in Belfast. We have a small window where 12 is departure time and 2pm entry. Our cleaners come at 12 and need most of the 2 hours. We will accommodate if we can within reason but some people take the **** wanting to come in early and leave late. If we let them stay after the cleaners they lie on the beds and use the toilets. The next guests in then think that it hasn’t been cleaned

Dewagon
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2018  ·  #11
Jaimie / Tommy 12 is a generous departure time, people are taking the hand staying longer than that if you've said no. Most houses up the north coast want you out by ten to turn them around.

I'm in Ballycastle at the minute and they want you out by ten which is a bit early considering they are only cutting the grass before the next lot. But then I'm in a van and no awning so easy to drive off and no trace left.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.