t18con
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Camper, built not bought
Base Vehicle: Vw Caddy 2l, 110bhp
Subject:

Annecy/Lake Annecy.

· 
Posted: 28.05.2018  ·  #1
I've done the search, and not a lot of info coming up.

We have sat on the fence for a long time about this year's summer hols, I wanted to do Scotland, if the weather was good, the wife wanted to go further afield. A threat that she'd murder me if we ended up in Scotland with it bucketing down soon made me realise the error of my ways!!
We've only booked Belfast/Cairnryan ferry so far, but intend driving down and doing our usual Dover/Calais thing. Should have said, this will be late July into early August.
So, prime candidate so far is Annecy, or possibly the French Alps with an extended visit to Annecy. We are looking for a campsite, completely un-child friendly, quieter the better, if you get me, preferably water's edge and cycling distance from the main attractions. I've got a couple of leaads from trip advisor, but has anyone on here any direct experience?

We've a fortnight, so taking a few days across France, probably stopping in Dijon (food market that I missed the last time through), stopping up for a week, taking in a summit camp on La Tournette weather permitting, and a leisurely drive back taking 2/3 days.

I think the campsite that has came out best, review wise, to date is in Talloires, it's name escapes me tbh.

Thoughts/experiences?

oh, if we get bored or fed up, plan B is the Ardeche.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Annecy/Lake Annecy.

· 
Posted: 28.05.2018  ·  #2
Annecy will be

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.