Cvrt side light fail

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

Cvrt side light fail

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #1
I have recently failed the cvrt no my newly purchased (1999) motorhome due to a few issues but one has me a little bewildered. The test has highlighted that my side lights that are high and to the rear of the motorhome are the wrong colour (half red and half amber). Can anyone explain to me the regulations or even the logic behind the lights not being acceptable.

Also what colour should they be?

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Cvrt side light fail

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #2
I would assume that the rear sidelights should be red and the indicators amber,maybe you have a short or a bad earth .what sort of vehicle is it?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #3
Your amber lights may need fitment of amber bulbs.
Common NCT fail, the amber film burns off the bulbs.

If you have any doubts then ask at the centre for clarification, the lads are usually very helpful and should assist in advising you.

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #4
Ill check the lights but i think it is the fact that they have a red lense is the problem. Ive tried to attach a photo but it wont load to page. Ill try again.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #5
I think they should be red to the rear and WHITE/transparent to the front. That’s what mine are and has just passed cvrt

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #6
Quote by Daffysparks

I think they should be red to the rear and WHITE/transparent to the front. That’s what mine are and has just passed cvrt

Mine are same as yours and never any issues.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #7
There is guide lines some where,
But from memory its rear facing marker light has to be red only and forward facing can be white/amber only,

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #8
Also some American type imports may have a red indicator lens at the rear which needs to be changed to amber.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #9
Those marker lights are supposed to show red to the rear and white to the front.

Legally, ALL lights showing to the front are supposed to be white, the only exception is the indicators which are supposed to be amber.

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #10
I rang the test centre today and they said that side marker lights should be amber only. I also found a list of the requirements for lights on the RSA website, they also state that side marker lights should be amber although there are a few exceptions.

Thanks for your help guys. Now i just have to find nice amber marker lights and fit them ust incase i me some low flying planes on my travels😉

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #11
Quote by Ci Mizar 190

I rang the test centre today and they said that side marker lights should be amber only. I also found a list of the requirements for lights on the RSA website, they also state that side marker lights should be amber although there are a few exceptions.

Thanks for your help guys. Now i just have to find nice amber marker lights and fit them ust incase i me some low flying planes on my travels😉

There are two different categories of marker lights.

Those along the side of the vehicle spaced about two meters apart and about the height of the front bumper. Those are amber and their purpose is to indicate the presence and length of the vehicle to someone approaching from the side.

Those at a high level, often to the rear of the vehicle but sometimes towards the front Those show white to the front and red to the rear. Their purpose is to indicate the overall width and height of the vehicle to someone approaching from the front or the rear.
A version of this type of marker light is usually found at a low level on trailers which extend beyond the width of the towing vehicle.

The type mentioned by the OP would appear to be those of the second category.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.