ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: Portglenone Aire

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #42
I believe that when MHC get their lobby group up and running that representation should be made to Mid and East Antrim council regarding the way this Aires is being run,it is being run like a caravan site especially at weekends and holliday times where if you arrive and there are still spaces you may still not get in as they may be booked.
I know of this having happened .

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Portglenone

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #43
I already have been on with the council to try to convince them they are wrong to take bookings. After several emails and phone calls the answer I got was their records show that the majority of users are booking in advance.So that is how they would continue, as if the true Aires users who just turn up would be in the prebooked list! I argued that they will have only so called Aire I Europe that is bookable and that can it no longer be an Aires all to no avail.
Sorry guys but this is really a campsite. As councils approve planning I guess if planning was changed they would just reapply and grant approval.
Good as it is do the campsite thing and book ahead if you want to get in.
As a proper Aire this isn't one.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.