Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Our trip

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #1
This is the longest we’ve been away also the first time we’ve used camp sites
1: Ardmore now what can I say about Dicks field well it’s a field it’s has black water disposal waste disposal clean water and you get the longest handshake you’ll ever get from any man that I’ve ever met ,when you want to pay don’t worry about ont finding dick ,dick will find you Ardmore it’s self two pubs two hotels and a restaurant all very nice the walks around Ardmore are great the cliff walk would remind you of Howth ps 10 Euro not out of the way will give dick 10/10 that’s because you can fall out of bed onto the beach My only gripe about the walk into town is dog sh*t on the pathway if you can’t lift dog sh*t don’t have a dog
2: cobh well most of you know about cobh you now have to pay 10 Euro when we went to pay it says that the machine will take 50/1.00/2.00 Euro coins well it would only take 2 Euro coins so I ended up asking people for change ,if you like to spend all night in the pub go to the Quayside hotel that’s the one just up from the train station as you head into town we were heading back to the camper at around 11.00 door was open went in and asked could we get a drink (big mistake) crawling out of it at 3.00 in the morning
So chose gets our 10/10
3: Strandcamping this must be the cleanest tiediest campsite in the world Arrived to be met by Amanda showed around were given a choice of where to park headed up into town had a few pints of the black stuff and back to the campsite we will miss the jazz fest would have been nice to have been there for it ,didn’t met Jamie but hope to on our next trip back ,just one mor thing to say and that’s a big thank you to j/m for your hospitality and we’ll be back I have to give this a 11/10 could not fault this place one bit.
4: Ferrybank in Wexford big site has got everything the only thing that lets it down is the price and the smell in the men’s toilets 🤮,short walk into Wexford nice town not much more to say 5/10
5:Morriscastle strand we both liked here right beside a beach when your on it you can’t see the end of it we walked for an hour on it and still didn’t reach the end of it ,again this site has everything the 20 Euro got us overnight parking with ehu and use of all the amenities again we could park on any number of stands again 10/10 ps this is of peak prices go up mid June and you will be lucky to get a spot "

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Our trip

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #2
What a great trip to have.
We have stayed in all spots bar Cobh.
I would agree with all of your assessments.
The beach in Kilmuckridge is something like 12 or 13 km long with the campsite mid way.
You are right about the lazy dog owners not picking up. Imagine the reaction if I let a toddler run around without a nappy!!!
Malcolm

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #3
Yes, definitely agree about dog mess.......
Lazy owners make for complaints all round.

Nice write up, thanks for sharing.

Robbo52
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Laika Ecovip 409
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #4
Great write up thanks for sharing....and your so right shame about the dog crap in Ardmore especially walking back after a few bevvies.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Our trip

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #5
Quote by Robbo52

Great write up thanks for sharing....and your so right shame about the dog crap in Ardmore especially walking back after a few bevvies.

Just as a matter of interest. Was the dog fouling nearer the beach carpark or dicks field.?

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #6
Right along the walk into town was going to take a few photos of it but the enemy said I take enough sh*t photos😂 📸

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Our trip

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #7
Quote by hillton9

Right along the walk into town was going to take a few photos of it but the enemy said I take enough sh*t photos😂 📸

Maybe a word to Dick, he might be able to get the council and other stakeholders to do something about it.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #8
Should have said Somthing when I was there 🤔didn’t dawn on me as it’s not on dicks land

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #9
Quote by hillton9

This is the longest we’ve been away also the first time we’ve used camp sites
1: Ardmore now what can I say about Dicks field well it’s a field it’s has black water disposal waste disposal clean water and you get the longest handshake you’ll ever get from any man that I’ve ever met ,when you want to pay don’t worry about ont finding dick ,dick will find you Ardmore it’s self two pubs two hotels and a restaurant all very nice the walks around Ardmore are great the cliff walk would remind you of Howth ps 10 Euro not out of the way will give dick 10/10 that’s because you can fall out of bed onto the beach My only gripe about the walk into town is dog sh*t on the pathway if you can’t lift dog sh*t don’t have a dog
2: cobh well most of you know about cobh you now have to pay 10 Euro when we went to pay it says that the machine will take 50/1.00/2.00 Euro coins well it would only take 2 Euro coins so I ended up asking people for change ,if you like to spend all night in the pub go to the Quayside hotel that’s the one just up from the train station as you head into town we were heading back to the camper at around 11.00 door was open went in and asked could we get a drink (big mistake) crawling out of it at 3.00 in the morning
So chose gets our 10/10
3: Strandcamping this must be the cleanest tiediest campsite in the world Arrived to be met by Amanda showed around were given a choice of where to park headed up into town had a few pints of the black stuff and back to the campsite we will miss the jazz fest would have been nice to have been there for it ,didn’t met Jamie but hope to on our next trip back ,just one mor thing to say and that’s a big thank you to j/m for your hospitality and we’ll be back I have to give this a 11/10 could not fault this place one bit.
4: Ferrybank in Wexford big site has got everything the only thing that lets it down is the price and the smell in the men’s toilets 🤮,short walk into Wexford nice town not much more to say 5/10
5:Morriscastle strand we both liked here right beside a beach when your on it you can’t see the end of it we walked for an hour on it and still didn’t reach the end of it ,again this site has everything the 20 Euro got us overnight parking with ehu and use of all the amenities again we could park on any number of stands again 10/10 ps this is of peak prices go up mid June and you will be lucky to get a spot "

Sorry I missed you. I was getting some work done on my van. But really pleased you liked our site. And in fairness you met the better half of us, Amanda.!!

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2018  ·  #10
We intend to hit Ardmore for the June weekend. I will have a look about the dog fouling and if needs be ,mention it. The mobile home section is owned by Dick's siblings and the Village Inn is owned by his aunt. I am sure thst i will find someone to listen.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.