hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Warning

· 
Posted: 15.05.2018  ·  #1
Last week I had a major derv leak on my van, derv was pissing out of the filter, lucky we where in carlingford marinea and Darren let me use his workshop to get it fixed ,I have now discovered that this is a common problem my van sat most of the winter not being used it was serviced before I put it of the road ,the proper way to change the filter is to take the whole filter casing from the van ,and this is the important bit there is a special tool which you put the complete filercase into put the top on and remove it with a socket the seal must go into the top of the filter top put back on and torced till to lines Match up on the filter bace and the top if anyone else has come across this it would be good to find out ,apparently if the filter top is not taken of with the correct tool it can damage the threads or warp the filter head fiat know of the problem my van is 07 so I don’t know if fiat have renewed or changed the filters in newer vans,it has just cost me £135.00 for a new filter housing and the proper tool to change it on its next service,I’ve also bought an in-line filter from halfords which I intend to keep in the van in case it happens again then I can put the inline filter on bypassing the van filter to get us home🤞

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Warning

· 
Posted: 15.05.2018  ·  #2
Have heard of this happen in the past,
Good that you were able to get it sorted without being stranded,

A neighbour got his MH serviced just before heading for france, He got stuck and luckly for him within walking distance of a mechanic,
He got fixed and just made the boat,

chalkey

Subject:

Fuel filter

· 
Posted: 16.05.2018  ·  #3
I have had the same issue on two occasions both times shortly after having service done. I now carry a completed filter and housing as a spare if I get a leak just change the complete unit. eBay has them for sale about 80 euro.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Re: Warning

· 
Posted: 23.05.2018  ·  #4
A few weeks ago I had derv pissing out of my camper fiat ducato 130 so I discovered it was a faulty derv filter so I sent for a new one as well as the kit for changing the filter and here it is
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.