Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Fridge Help.

· 
Posted: 06.05.2018  ·  #1
Hi gang, I'm in trouble, my fridge decided to pack up and stop working. We took it out yesterday and checked for gas and a spark. The gas is getting to fridge and after slightly adjusting the position of the igniter it was sparking 100% of the time. Put fridge back in and it just refuses to fire up. Does anyone know of a repaired or agent anywhere near San Sebastian or anywhere in Northern Spain ? Mrs Dipper is coming out in a couple of weeks so I have to get it fixed or maybe a new one would be cheaper. Any suggestions welcome. The fridge is an Electrolux, model RM6270 type C40/110

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Fridge Help.

· 
Posted: 06.05.2018  ·  #2
Sorry to hear that Liam. It must be the season for it. I just put up a post myself with a fridge issue. Are you heading towards Portugal or staying in Spain. I have a friend with good contacts in north Portugal, his camper is there at the minute, so if you have no joy elsewhere he might be able to get you help in that area. Best of luck with it

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.05.2018  ·  #3
If you put up the make and model, somebody might have come across the same problem before

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Fridge Help.

· 
Posted: 06.05.2018  ·  #4
Liam.
Dose your burner unit look like his Dometic 204/Burner CPL without Nozzle
On Amazon.
You could fit it yourself .
Or LTS a call and ask him to send it out to you.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.05.2018  ·  #5
Liam, maybe you can get the gas line blown out with compressed air from the insolation tap to the fridge. A small bit of oily dirt may be lying in the lowest part of the gas line, which moved during the removal of your fridge, allowing it to work, but then when you refitted it the blockage reoccured.
The other thing is that the sparker unit could be throwing the spark to somewhere other than the burner unit.
Can the burner be seen if you remove the lower vent panel on the outside wall?
Malcolm

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.05.2018  ·  #6
Google Electrolux service agents in the area your staying and local MH dealers / repairs

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.05.2018  ·  #7
SORTED, whoo whoo. Thanks for the suggestions and help. We got at it again this morning and dismantled the entire burner I managed to shake a lot of soot and cinder from it, I'll try uploading a photo later when I've better internet connection. Checked the igniter reassembled everything and "Houston we have ignition", fired up first time and is starting to get nice and cold. Happy days.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.05.2018  ·  #8
Delighted you got it sorted Liam,
Hope the rest of your trip is trouble free 👍

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Fridge Help.

· 
Posted: 07.05.2018  ·  #9
Quote by Flipperdipper

SORTED, whoo whoo. Thanks for the suggestions and help. We got at it again this morning and dismantled the entire burner I managed to shake a lot of soot and cinder from it, I'll try uploading a photo later when I've better internet connection. Checked the igniter reassembled everything and "Houston we have ignition", fired up first time and is starting to get nice and cold. Happy days.

Well done your a fridge expert, now fill and consume daily ,wine and beer only ,food is best kept in the supermarket until needed.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.