bertie
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 640
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

One night stopover Dublin.

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #1
Hi lads. Hope I can pick yer collective brains here. Anyone know of a safe stopover for one night near or around the dart line. I have to attend an event in the RDS next month and would like to bring the motorhome.

It's approx 300 quid for a hotel so that's a non runner. Camac Valley is too far out to be suitable,especially heading back to MH about half 11ish.

Iv heard negative reports about Howth and I'm unsure if Greystones accepts MHS. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

Re: One night stopover Dublin.

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #2
if you are looking for on street free parking, with a 15 walk to a train station, Skerries is the place i would suggest.
Its quiet, clean, has a bus into town as well. The trains arent the dart, but the train goes into Connolly station where you can grab a dart to landstowne road.

bertie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #3
Thanks for that suggestion. I hadn't considered going so far north of the city. I'll check out streetview and consider it.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #4
I was in Skerries at the weekend in the motorhome but just passing through. I parked opposite the amusements at the pier end but was the only motorhome. As I was leaving I saw 4 or 5 further down opposite people’s houses. Given the choice for an overnight I would prefer opposite (sort of) the amusements as there is open ground opposite (would make a great Aire) there and not blocking anyone’s view.

There is a post elsewhere that people in the houses opposite where the Motorhomes park have started complaining about their view being blocked. I prefer to be as out of the way as possible and give no reason for anyone to complain which tends to bring restrictions later.

bertie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #5
Great info. Thanks mate. Yeah I agree about keeping as low a profile as possible. I very rarely,if ever wild camp due to having 3 teenage girls in tow but on this occasion, it's just me and the sheriff so I'm on the look out for a good spot.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

One night stopover Dublin.

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #6
You should have no problem in Greystones along the sea front at St Davids school 6pm to 12am free .dart 5 min over the Grey bridge check the time to and from Sandymount when are you thinking of ?

bertie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #7
Thanks for the info Martin. I will look at that on streetview tonight. It won't be on for another few weeks yet. I'm just planning ahead to try avoid any nasty surprises . So far,that sounds like a winning plan.

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2018  ·  #8
Last DART to Greystones is 23.30 ex Connolly and it's at least €60 in a taxi

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.