davieboy4444
My Motorhome: Bailey Approach 745
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

AWNING PROBLEMS

· 
Posted: 23.04.2018  ·  #1
HI ALL

I have two problems I need sorted with my recently purchased Louis Glen 690 , and if anyone could put me in touch with someone to sort out the problems I would very much appreciate it, firstly after using the awning for the very fist time this weekend , I could not retract it properly , after quite a few attempts and with the assistance of a few other campers on site it was established that the metal structure of the awning was warped .

Does anyone know where I can have this fixed or even buy a used second hand one.

I have also found one of the windows has leaked , and as a result water is visible between the two panes and this has caused considerable condensation in the window , any advice where I can have this fixed

David

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: AWNING PROBLEMS

· 
Posted: 23.04.2018  ·  #2
Hi David,
Do you mind asking as to you live are there are a number of places spread around Ireland for repairs?
Malcolm

Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2018  ·  #3
Hi Davie.

If you are the person I think you are you were beside us at Lumpers in January.
If so, Simon at Leisure Technical Solutions might be able to help with both issues.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2018  ·  #4
I saw a post somewhere once about taking a small “bung” out of the window somewhere to let condensation out? Not sure if applies to all types of motorhome windows and never had to use that idea but worth looking into maybe.

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2018  ·  #5
Have you tried winding the awning out full and continuing to wind in that direction and it will wind back in. I have seen someone in the past having this problem and it was cured by doing this

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.