Beach Stays - good surf and sand:??
Mountain Stays - Walks and Views??

Ideally - Electric hook up, facilities and a watering hole :drink:

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Scottish Breaks

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #2
I’ll be watching this topic with interest. Probably heading to Scotland ourselves in July

bertie
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 640
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #3
Also very keen on info regarding a Scotland trip too. Iv been to Edinburgh twice on booze ups and loved the place but I reckon it would be beautiful to see Scotland from the camper. Looking forward to your info lads.....👍

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2018  ·  #4
Keep up to date with midge reports other than that Scotland is great

bertie
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 640
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2018  ·  #5
Midge Ure?? 😀

Elmo
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 05 called "Wally"
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2018  ·  #6
We are interested in Scotland too. Didnt realise that midges were a big problem. Is there a particular area to stay away from or is it a general thing?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2018  ·  #7
You can get online midge reports , we went in may so no problems anywhere

aria
My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 150
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2018  ·  #8
Midges are a West coast problem, nothing in the middle or in the East.

searchforsites.co.uk is your best bet for stops.

I’ve stayed at the Beach Bar in Lossiemouth, no facilities but good food and right on the beach; there’s a lovely quiet beach car park in New Aberdour, and there’s a lovely field right on the coast not far from Fraserburgh, by Pennan. Nethermill holiday cottages are the folk that own the field. There is a charge during the summer, I stayed in Easter last year and he wasn’t charging yet.

I’m afraid none of those have electric or facilities; I normally go to a site/CL every second or third night and need nothing in between.

I’ll have a think about where I’ve stayed inland over the next few days and update this.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2018  ·  #9
Loch Lomond, up to Glencoe, the nicest drive in Scotland, stopping at The Green Welly (big tourist stop for food and gifts) on to Fort William and see Ben Nevis.(Rob Roy film set)
Then,
Isle of Skye, go over on the ferry and come back over the bridge, unbelievable scenery.
Then,
Fort Agustus, see the famous locks as boats rise in stages up the Caledonian Canal, about 25mins from bottom to top.
Then,
Inverness, the entrance to the Highlands, over the Huge bridge, onwards and upwards,
Then,
Ullapool, big camp site right on the waters edge and three minutes walk from the town. The last time we were there we counted 80 Motorhomes staying on one night. Then travel north and see the real Scotland, beauty and wilderness.
A lot of these roads are quite narrow and very very busy. This is tourist Scotland.
Enjoy.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2018  ·  #10
Quote by Floorman

Loch Lomond, up to Glencoe, the nicest drive in Scotland, stopping at The Green Welly (big tourist stop for food and gifts) on to Fort William and see Ben Nevis.(Rob Roy film set)
Then,
Isle of Skye, go over on the ferry and come back over the bridge, unbelievable scenery.
Then,
Fort Agustus, see the famous locks as boats rise in stages up the Caledonian Canal, about 25mins from bottom to top.
Then,
Inverness, the entrance to the Highlands, over the Huge bridge, onwards and upwards,
Then,
Ullapool, big camp site right on the waters edge and three minutes walk from the town. The last time we were there we counted 80 Motorhomes staying on one night. Then travel north and see the real Scotland, beauty and wilderness.
A lot of these roads are quite narrow and very very busy. This is tourist Scotland.
Enjoy.

Thats sounds perfect for next year

aria
My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 150
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.04.2018  ·  #11
Pitlochry, about 50 mins North of Perth is lovely. Parked in a car park in the middle of town. The council has since put up signs saying no ‘overnight sleeping or camping’ but I emailed about that and it was only because a shower of savages parked up and had BBQ and loud parties all night. Several nice B&B back onto that car park so it just pissed the locals off. The guy said it would be enforced if they had to, so I think it should still be ok.

Fort William was grand and we overnighted in the Aldi carpark. Unfortunately it seems to be on the route home from the pub for lads who slapped the side of the van going past when pissed so I won’t be stopping there again.

We’ve also had luck with a few National trust properties in that they didn’t mind an overnight after we’d paid in to visit. Some will, some won’t.

Tomintoul is a nice village in the highlands. There is a car park that has EHU in the village and a couple of miles outside there is a grand quiet parking area for an overnight.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.