Elektroblock 104-2 fuse bay replacement

Can theI ebl 104 be opened

hymieho
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.04.2018  ·  #1
Dear hymer owners, I own a 1996 b564. I had problems with a tungstone starter battery following the recent harsh weather. Short and sweet the battery is no longer in my possession. After buying a new decent battery, my machine started no probs, but I discovered the 15amp fuse for running the fridge when driving was melted onto the ebl. Tried to remove the melted fuse but the bay itself became loose. Can this be replaced with a new fuse bay?

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Elektroblock 104-2 fuse bay replacement

· 
Posted: 17.04.2018  ·  #2
A question via email.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.04.2018  ·  #3
https://www.amazon.co.uk/All-T…use+holder
If you can remove both wires from behind the fuse block, get one like the example link above. Any auto spares/ motor factors should have them in stock. Join the existing wires to each side of the new holder and fit a new fuse.
Malcolm

hymieho
Subject:

is it a tricky job opening the block

· 
Posted: 17.04.2018  ·  #4
Thanks for the replies. Malcolm, is it a tricky job opening the block? I havent taken it fully out yet. It is a little reluctant to move fully upwards out of the cabinet so I was concerned there are connections at rear? There are about 5 small alun bolts in front but they dont look like they would reveal much?

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.04.2018  ·  #5
Quote by hymieho

Thanks for the replies. Malcolm, is it a tricky job opening the block? I havent taken it fully out yet. It is a little reluctant to move fully upwards out of the cabinet so I was concerned there are connections at rear? There are about 5 small alun bolts in front but they dont look like they would reveal much?

If you can post some photo's and your location,you may be able to get some more detailed help.

hymieho
Subject:

photos of the ebl

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #6
Here's the ebl you can see the burnt fuse is the one at the start of row (absorberkühlstr). The fuse holder is now loose in the slot. The block is sitting up facing in the side compartment alongside passenger seat (left side drive).

Hessy Hymer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1992 Hymer B534
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.05.2018  ·  #7
Hi there hybieho
looks handy enough. An hours tinkering max.
  • disconnect leisure battery and no electrical hard wire connection (EHU)
    disconnect the wiring connectors after marking them. Should be easy enough since you have already photographed their location.
    take out the allen key srews and the lid should come off the unit - looks like a top cover.
    the commections should be easily reached here and extend wires to facilitate thorn1 suggestion.
    put cover back on, tighten screws hand tight
    solder in thorn1 fuse holder and put in new fuse
    reconnect battery

Good luck

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.