Where can you buy 3mm wall skin board

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

Where can you buy 3mm wall skin board

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #1
Hi guys, I have recently repaired the side panel on my 1999 Ci mizar 190. I have found it hard to purchase and match the inner skin wall board to the existing panelling which has a grey/white pattern finish. I would like to match it with the same pattern but do think this may be impossible. Is there anywhere that I can view a selection of 3mm wall boards? and if not how do people normally over come these difficulties.
Thanks in advance Niall!!!

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Where can you buy 3mm wall skin board

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #2
To get the exact matching board is going to be tough,
Go to your locsl paint merchant and get them to mix the paint to the colour thats already there (they have a scanner gadget that will get the exact colour required)
Then get some 1/4" wpb cut it to size, paint it and jobs a gooden

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #3
I have heard of folks using modern types of wallpaper. Some of the rolls on the market can be used in high moisture environments like kitchens and bathrooms. The inside of a camper/caravan can have alot of moisture especially from autumn to spring use.
Malcolm

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #4
That's great! thanks for your input. I'll just have to bring out the artist in me I thinks 😁

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #5
Maybe of some help, they use a waterproof board to line shower and back panels of baths, with various patterns, so a look in a bath /shower centre may be worthwhile

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #6
Brooks have 4mm H/wood ply.

I had the same problem last week but I was trying to find a 3mm walnut veneer panel to match the walls in our camper. I eventually found a company up in dublin who will courier it down to Cork. Strahan disrtributors. They were very helpful even sending photos of many different sheets for me to chose the closest wood grain.

If you are looking for motorhome wallpaper, I'd suggest the caravan warehouse in the UK. They have a range of different textured paper to match many caravans & motorhomes. We got a roll of ceiling paper from them and they're very helpful also.

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #7
It's good to have options, ye have been great help!

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #8
Sharing knowledge:

One good bit of advice given by one of the MH paper suppliers was choosing the right wallpaper paste. They recommended using a good quality "all-purpose paste with fungicide". Given that a motorhome is a damp environment, it's prone to mould. Standard wallpaper paste is wheat/starch based which is a perfect breeding ground for mould apparently.

I didn't know that.

:up:

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

on Where can you buy 3mm wall skin board

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #9
Quote by Blag

Sharing knowledge:

One good bit of advice given by one of the MH paper suppliers was choosing the right wallpaper paste. They recommended using a good quality "all-purpose paste with fungicide". Given that a motorhome is a damp environment, it's prone to mould. Standard wallpaper paste is wheat/starch based which is a perfect breeding ground for mould apparently.

I didn't know that.

:up:

Kevin I hope your keeping a record of all your ,sources, links to parts,recommendation that worked,(and don't ),tricks you have learned, tools and gadgets you have made. when you get finished, you will have all the material for your next project.
A very good restoration handbook.

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #10
I wasn't but I will be from now on. I have found that in the short time since I purchased, the amount of research that you have to do to find motorhome parts is unreal. So I see exactly the benefits that will bring.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #11
It just occurred to me that Mc Mahon builder providers is one of the largest timber and sheeting importers and stockist in the country. They might be worth a try.
Malcolm

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #12
I have eventually found the board they use in motorhomes. Its called Vohringer 3mm ply. I have attached a link to an Irish web page for anyone who may need it in the future. They dont have the exact pattern but its the closest ill get. http://www.grassroutes...egories/22/vohringer

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #13
[quote="Ci Mizar 190"]
I have eventually found the board they use in motorhomes. Its called Vohringer 3mm ply. I couldnt find the exact pattern but there is some fairly close to mine.

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #14
Sorry guys just realised that I shouldn't have put up a link and can't seem to delete the post. I hope i didn't upset anyone!

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #15
Quote by Ci Mizar 190

I have eventually found the board they use in motorhomes. Its called Vohringer 3mm ply. I have attached a link to an Irish web page for anyone who may need it in the future. They dont have the exact pattern but its the closest ill get. http://www.grassroutes...egories/22/vohringer

That's a good bit of detective work!

The link doesn't work but googling Vohringer brings up the available range of ply's on a UK site.

Whats the price per sheet and where is the Irish distributor located?

My veneer ply arrived yesterday. Its not identical but its close enough for me! :-)

K

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #16
Niall,

If you get a chance, put up a few photos of the work on your camper! The folks here like to see restorations and improvements. Replacing water damaged walls is something a few folks maybe faced with, especially if they have older units.

Photos speak a 1000 words and it encourages others to give it a go if they're inclined to do a bit of DIY.

I was inspired by a lad on another forum who was restoring his van. I doubt i'd have started on my own camper restoration and blog only for following and being inspired by his work.

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #17
I will Kevin. I'll give ye an update on the products I used also and why I used them over other products. I might even do a quick video for ye might help to better explain everything.
Niall

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2018  ·  #18
Hi guys I have made 2 videos as requested of the repairs. Please note the videos were made in one take and without any writers, director, editor, make up artists and most of all actors🤗

The videos are made after the removal of the damaged section. If you need any clarity on anything in the videos feel free to ask!!!! I will add more videos of the completed job and the leak inspection soon.

[url]

[/url]

[url]

[/url]

Ci Mizar 190

Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2018  ·  #19
I have added two more videos of the repair. Would ye also please LIKE the videos if ye find the information benifical.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.